Port Canaveral CLOSED

I am supposed to be on Majesty on Saturday and have not received cancellation of that cruise. Where did you see they cancelled it?

It is posted by two online bloggers. Can't find anything official. Maybe someone just trying to beat the official announcement.:rolleyes:

I have been watching PTZtv's webcams most of the morning -- the one for Port Canaveral has gone from fairly clear skies to 'can't see a thing' and back to visual with rain.

Take care everyone.

Edited by jaspercat

I am supposed to be on Majesty on Saturday and have not received cancellation of that cruise. Where did you see they cancelled it?

I also read a response on the official RCI FB page stating the cruise has been cancelled.

Seriously doubt Majesty will be sailing as can't imagine they will have electricity at PC on Saturday. 140 mph winds will be casuing serious damage and it takes time to clean up and get things up and running.

Have you been in contact with RCCL? Did you follow the directions on their website so they can notify you?

John, Laura & cute Bella. Be safe. We sat out a couple of nasty storms in North Housing at Patrick AFB (didn't have option to evacuate due to AF job) & a couple of typhoons in Okinawa. A Cat4 is purely nasty. Fill the bathtub, you'll need it. Our thoughts for safe voyage through Matthew

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I still can't figure out why so many people want to stay and wait out this storm. It really serves no purpose other to say that you did it. If only we had days notification out here in California to evacuate when we are about to be hit by a catastrophic earthquake! :rolleyes:

I still can't figure out why so many people want to stay and wait out this storm. It really serves no purpose other to say that you did it. If only we had days notification out here in California to evacuate when we are about to be hit by a catastrophic earthquake! :rolleyes:

Yep.

We have our place in Hilton Head Island, SC. No where near there tomorrow and no way we would be. Lived on the Outer Banks of NC for 10 years...faced 4 major hurricanes. Did we stay? No, of course not. What would possess someone to stay in the face of storm surges, power outages, no services? And if you DO need services, expecting fire/police/EMS to bail you out. When were in the Outer Banks, they went from door to door telling you, basically, if you are stupid enough to stay, you are on your own. No way we are coming out to assist you.

Bizzare.

Anyone out there with an update? It appears as if some of you did evacuate/ or loose power.

Silence may not be golden in this case. We all hope you are dry and safe.

My sister just heard from her friend in Orlando....patio furniture stacked in living room, garage packed with both cars, trash cans, bird feeders, etc.

Mayor of Miami was just on CNN stating that the worst of the storm has passed them and should start getting services up and running tomorrow morning...by Saturday AM at the latest.

Stay Safe Everyone!

That is good news for my friend in West Kendall area of Dade County.

We are now getting the bands of the hurricanes... windy and rain.

Still have electric. We won't get the strongest winds till tomorrow with winds of 110-120 and add 30 for the wind gust.

Will be a sleepless night..

All towns under curfews most till Saturday 7am.

Most hotel from the Cape to Tampa are full...

If anyone has questions let me know.. have generator and hopefully will still be able to communicate.

Stay safe my Floridian friends..

John, fill tub soon as Cocoa is turning water off beachside and on barrier islands.

Gerry

:D I even filled kitchen sink with a soapy side and a rinse side. We still have water in our complex. We have two 600 gallon pressurized tanks to send water to the upper floors. Of course that goes away when we lose power. :eek:

Take care yourself

Wind is nasty and its only 50 mph now.

:D I even filled kitchen sink with a soapy side and a rinse side. We still have water in our complex. We have two 600 gallon pressurized tanks to send water to the upper floors. Of course that goes away when we lose power. :eek:

Take care yourself

Wind is nasty and its only 50 mph now.

I know your six floors up but I wish you'd just leave.

I have a dear friend who had a house in Pensacola. That was before Wilma decided to crash a wave into the back of it and slice the entire back half off. It was two stories. Luckily, she headed north three days earlier.

Just be careful.......