Sharing Beverage Packages

Disnyfan2

IMHO, Celebrity trusts its guests to abide by the rules, and yes, they kind of keep an eye on you.

If enough people try to circumvent the rules, then Celebrity will simply enforce the Carnival rule... everyone in a cabin must have the same package, even if one is not a drinker.

Has anyone gotten caught sharing a beverage package. ;)Do they always check id when scanning.:

Scammers like you ruin it for the rest of us by Celebrity possibly making everyone in the cabin have the drink package. It would also apply to people who don't even have a drop of alcohol. Why would you even want to scam them? What if someone scammed you? Would you like it?

The answer to your questions is yes to both. They have caught people and they do check the sea passes. There have been some post on here about people getting caught.

Has anyone gotten caught sharing a beverage package. ;)Do they always check id when scanning.:

If you get caught, and you most likely will, you'll be sentenced to living the rest of your life in the Small World ride where you'll never stop hearing that song!

I guess words like "Morality" and "Ethics" are just words to some.

My sister and her boyfriend tried it on our first Celebrity cruise 3 years ago even though we warned them not to. He got the package and she did not. What he would do is stop at one bar and get a drink for himself, walk on further to the next bar and get one for her. He never drank coffee so he always got whatever she wanted at Cafe Al Bacio. The difficult part was at dinner when they both wanted to drink. My sister usually went without one. It was too much work to manage it all though so the next year and ever since they both get the package.

My sister and her boyfriend tried it on our first Celebrity cruise 3 years ago even though we warned them not to. He got the package and she did not. What he would do is stop at one bar and get a drink for himself, walk on further to the next bar and get one for her. He never drank coffee so he always got whatever she wanted at Cafe Al Bacio. The difficult part was at dinner when they both wanted to drink. My sister usually went without one. It was too much work to manage it all though so the next year and ever since they both get the package.

So next time your sister or her boyfriend complain about the cost of cruising remind them that the cost of their stealing eventually gets passed on to all passengers.

Edited by jelayne

My son sailed on Royal with a number of friends and some tried unsuccessfully to swap cards. They got caught and those who got caught had the package taken away. One tried to raise a stink and the head of security showed him video. He was also told that, if he continued to complain, he would be put off the ship. Why risk being banned from cruising on a line forever for being cheap?

No, that's theft.

My brother in law, who is a childrens pastor pastor, told me he planned in doing this on a cruise with his soda package. I got pissed and explained how it was stealing. He tried to rationalize it with every petty argument we've read here. I simply said, " I'm glad I don't have kids who go to your church. I'd hate to find out that the person ministering to them is a liar, cheat and a thief. If you can't see how this is stealing, you're a worse person than I already thought."

My sister saw what I was saying and actually agreed with me, but he still didn't because that's what his parents did when he went on cruises as a child. That amazed me as his parents made much more than my parents did, but when we cruised my parents always got my sister and I our own package.

Having said that. If once or twice over the cruise you order a drink and genuinely dislike it and tell someone they can finish it if they'd like I don't see an issue, but if your intent is to try and pull a fast one over on a cruise line, it is stealing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I suggest you start with going to an all-you-can eat buffet and share your meal with a companion who doesn't pay. Do it while you are on shore, so you can't be kicked off the ship and lose your cruise fare and have to make your way home. You'll probably get kicked out of the restaurant and have to pay for the other meal. They aren't likely to call the cops, but they might. Anyway, start simple and work your way up to shoplifting a couple of cans of beer from your local quick shop. It's just a short way from there to sharing your beverage package :):)