Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

LIVE with a twist - Cruise Critic Members on the Harmony TA want to have a LIVE thread with a twist.

Technically, any CC member subscribed to the thread who is ONBOARD the Harmony TA can contribute pictures or answer questions about Harmony of the Seas. Anyone who is interested can ask questions, and those onboard the cruise will attempt to answer them.

The emphases will be on pictures of places and people on the ship, and info about Harmony. One request we have is that you do not reply to a photo posting by quoting a photo, as it lengths the thread with pictures already seen.

Among those posting pictures will be Anna-Carin (peaceofcake), Emmy (Emmy), Internetwhiz (Karen), and Cj (OzPinoyCruiser), and many others. Join the fun! We sail on Sunday, October 23.

902d7e64be7f7a334c9558ec9df5592b.jpg

Great Idea

Today, decided which Medi-Scare policy to take next year.

Medicare Open Enrollment is from October 15 until December 7. We will have time after the cruise, so don't rush into anything if you aren't sure. We can't even do if for 3 more days.

Gordon

One request we have is that you do not reply to a photo posting by quoting a photo, as it lengths the thread with pictures already seen.

Thank you so much for the note about not quoting with pictures. Nothing like scrolling through the same pictures for the tenth time to read "nice" at the bottom. Looking forward to this review and pictures. I will be on there 11/26/2016.

Like above, right? lol

Bahaha --I bet I am the only one who knows where Shortpump is.

i know where short pump is! :D

subscribing so i can post some pictures if we get any decent ones (maybe after the onboard photography workshop?), and answer some questions. we'll be onboard this sunday, the 16th, for a B2B with the TA.

we leave on friday, as in, two days from now. we are not even close to starting to pack yet, and will be spending hours in DC tomorrow at a baseball playoff game. i am freaking out.

Medicare Open Enrollment is from October 15 until December 7. We will have time after the cruise, so don't rush into anything if you aren't sure. We can't even do if for 3 more days.

Gordon

After looking at the options we decided to stay with what we have. Drug prices are going up but what else is new? Spent a half day in my extremely busy between cruise break but feel it was well worth it even though we made no change. At least now I feel we are doing the right thing.

Have achieved lots of things but still many more and so little time. Today I found a grove service to take over management of the grove, picked up Euros from the bank. Did some much needed yard work. The DW got her hair done and picked up the dry cleaning. Called the financial advisor and got info necessary to respond to a class action. Checked in with property management on progress with finding a tenant. Ordered prescriptions and checked with insurance to see how close to the donut hole I am. Began packing overnight bag and counting pills.

That was just today. I have a total of 11 days between cruises so you can guess what all I have to do[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on also. Going on TA. Can't wait. Been away since last Sunday and flying to Barcelona this Sunday for some sightseeing before boarding the Harmony. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just got this through email....

Your Harmony of the SeasSM sailing is just a few weeks away, and we are gearing up for the most historic gathering yet for our Crown & Anchor Society! More than 2,300 Diamond and Diamond Plus members, and 180 Pinnacle Club members will join us, as Harmony of the Seas makes her way across the Atlantic. The Harmony of the Seas team and I are so excited to welcome you onboard and showcase our newest, biggest and most exciting ship.

In preparation for your voyage, myself, along with the Harmony of the Seas team, have made some enhancements to help accommodate the thousands of loyal members cruising with us. I have listed some of them below to give you a heads up, and allow you to plan accordingly.

To accommodate the high number of Diamond and Diamond Plus members, we have designated the entire Entertainment District to host the nightly Diamond Happy Hour. Every evening from 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm The Attic, Jazz on 4 and the Diamond Club are exclusively opened just for you. In addition, as always, your SeaPass card will be loaded with 3 complimentary drinks to allow the freedom to explore and enjoy the many lounges and bars onboard the amazing Harmony of the Seas.

Also, we haven’t forgotten about your specialty coffees. If the Diamond Lounge gets too crowded during the morning rush, step into any of these alternative venues and present your SeaPass card for a specialty coffee:

Vitality Café, Deck 6

Cafe Promenade, Deck 5

Windjammer Cafe Bar, Deck 15

Dining Room, Deck 3

Keep in mind, with the extraordinary amount of Crown & Anchor Society members sailing, priority luggage may experience a slight delay in delivery. Therefore, please keep necessary items such as medications with you when you board. Furthermore, we are not able to provide reserved seating for any of the shows and entertainment – all seating will be provided on a first come, first served basis.

The*Harmony*team has also planned some not to be missed events during this cruise. We will be celebrating Octoberfest with a one of a kind party in the Royal Promenade and want to remind you to pack your costume for our Halloween bash and costume contest.

Last and certainly not least, you will be able to enjoy a historic event on November 4th, 2016. We refer to it as, “The Meeting of the 3 Sisters”, when Oasis of the Seas® , Allure of the Seas® and Harmony of the Seas will be side by side off the Florida coast. This will be the only time when these 3 amazing ships meet.

Oh! And I almost forgot: we are also planning a surprise announcement in regards to the Harmony of the Seas*naming ceremony.

I look forward to seeing all of you, and sailing on this amazing ship with such wonderful guests. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Millie Quiles

Crown & Anchor® Society Member Director

Only home for 11 days between cruises and an almost impossible number of things to take care of. Today, decided which Medi-Scare policy to take next year. Sunday, rebooked a flight. Monday made arrangement for a new grove management company to take over (I think, I hope). Might almost have the rental rented (I hope). Several days left, several things left to do.

For this cruise, don't even have time to think about it yet.

Ditto..........but add to that: STILL TRYING TO GET CONFIRMATION OF MY FULLY PAID HOTEL RESERVATIONS! :eek: :(

Just got this through email....

Your Harmony of the SeasSM sailing is just a few weeks away, and we are gearing up for the most historic gathering yet for our Crown & Anchor Society! More than 2,300 Diamond and Diamond Plus members, and 180 Pinnacle Club members will join us, as Harmony of the Seas makes her way across the Atlantic. The Harmony of the Seas team and I are so excited to welcome you onboard and showcase our newest, biggest and most exciting ship.

In preparation for your voyage, myself, along with the Harmony of the Seas team, have made some enhancements to help accommodate the thousands of loyal members cruising with us. I have listed some of them below to give you a heads up, and allow you to plan accordingly.

To accommodate the high number of Diamond and Diamond Plus members, we have designated the entire Entertainment District to host the nightly Diamond Happy Hour. Every evening from 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm The Attic, Jazz on 4 and the Diamond Club are exclusively opened just for you. In addition, as always, your SeaPass card will be loaded with 3 complimentary drinks to allow the freedom to explore and enjoy the many lounges and bars onboard the amazing Harmony of the Seas.

Also, we haven’t forgotten about your specialty coffees. If the Diamond Lounge gets too crowded during the morning rush, step into any of these alternative venues and present your SeaPass card for a specialty coffee:

Vitality Café, Deck 6

Cafe Promenade, Deck 5

Windjammer Cafe Bar, Deck 15

Dining Room, Deck 3

Keep in mind, with the extraordinary amount of Crown & Anchor Society members sailing, priority luggage may experience a slight delay in delivery. Therefore, please keep necessary items such as medications with you when you board. Furthermore, we are not able to provide reserved seating for any of the shows and entertainment – all seating will be provided on a first come, first served basis.

The*Harmony*team has also planned some not to be missed events during this cruise. We will be celebrating Octoberfest with a one of a kind party in the Royal Promenade and want to remind you to pack your costume for our Halloween bash and costume contest.

Last and certainly not least, you will be able to enjoy a historic event on November 4th, 2016. We refer to it as, “The Meeting of the 3 Sisters”, when Oasis of the Seas® , Allure of the Seas® and Harmony of the Seas will be side by side off the Florida coast. This will be the only time when these 3 amazing ships meet.

Oh! And I almost forgot: we are also planning a surprise announcement in regards to the Harmony of the Seas*naming ceremony.

I look forward to seeing all of you, and sailing on this amazing ship with such wonderful guests. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Millie Quiles

Crown & Anchor® Society Member Director

Boy is entertainment place gonna be a zoo at diamond hours. When we were on a libert TA a couple years ago they only allowed D+ in the d lounge and spillover bar at night and relegated us diamonds to the pharrows lounge or whatever they call it. It was frustrating since we had the drink package and couldn't enjoy the bar in the Viking lounge in the evening. I would think with 2300 diamond and above they might clear out some areas for D+ on this one if D is the dominant majority of the D and above crowd. Also, with 180 pinnacles the suite lounge is gonna get slammed. I'm thinking my sky class status isn't gonna be worth much on this trip. Lol. Either way I'm gonna have fun however.

Boy is entertainment place gonna be a zoo at diamond hours. When we were on a libert TA a couple years ago they only allowed D+ in the d lounge and spillover bar at night and relegated us diamonds to the pharrows lounge or whatever they call it. It was frustrating since we had the drink package and couldn't enjoy the bar in the Viking lounge in the evening. I would think with 2300 diamond and above they might clear out some areas for D+ on this one if D is the dominant majority of the D and above crowd. Also, with 180 pinnacles the suite lounge is gonna get slammed. I'm thinking my sky class status isn't gonna be worth much on this trip. Lol. Either way I'm gonna have fun however.

Were you on Liberty TA in 2014? If so, so were we and there's a number of us on Harmony from that sailing!!

Margaret

Our Pinnacle copy of the same letter didn't exactly invite us to the SL. So you might not be as slammed as you think.

Our Pinnacle copy of the same letter didn't exactly invite us to the SL. So you might not be as slammed as you think.

Hmm. I was wondering how they could accommodate that many pinnacles and the suite guests. Most cruises on oasis class probably have 10-20 not 180.

Were you on Liberty TA in 2014? If so, so were we and there's a number of us on Harmony from that sailing!!

Margaret

Yes. We were actually on both of them in 2014. I'm sure we will recognize some. Those were amazing cruises.

On the Allure President's cruise last month on Allure they had about 2000 D & D+ members and they also utilized the same areas in Entertainment place. The one bar area was a bit crowded at 5 pm but we usually arrived shortly after 6 pm and never had a problem finding a space in Blaze which will be the Diamond Club on Harmony

On the Allure President's cruise last month on Allure they had about 2000 D & D+ members and they also utilized the same areas in Entertainment place. The one bar area was a bit crowded at 5 pm but we usually arrived shortly after 6 pm and never had a problem finding a space in Blaze which will be the Diamond Club on Harmony

If I'm not mistaken, on that cruise they opened up the coupons to 6 per night. Our letter stated that they were going to stick to 3. So it may not work the same. Just saying.