Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

I'm in as well! Spending a week in the Valencia area before taking the train to Barcelona for our exciting TA back home. (Live in Sunny Isles Beach just a bit south of Ft Lauderdale).

Visited the beautiful Cathedral of Valencia today. It was founded in the 13th century on the site of a mosque, the unusual Valencia Cathedral incorporates a number of architectural styles and artistic treasures - including the Holy Grail! The city of Valencia is located near the east coast of Spain, in a fertile region known for oranges and rice.

Valencia Cathedral was built between 1252 and 1482 on the site of an earlier mosque and a Roman temple. It was originally dedicated to the Holy Saviour; El Cid dedicated it to the Blessed Virgin.

The exterior of Valencia Cathedral is mostly Gothic. The unusual open arcades around the northeast-oriented apse recall the Roman Colosseum. The portal on the north transept, Puerta de los Apóstoles, is richly decorated with Gothic sculpture and a 14th-century rose window, while the entrance portal is lavishly Baroque. Click on thumbnail to enlarge.

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Edited by livingonthebeach

May I ask a question here. Is this the first public TA for a new Oasis class ship? I wasn't really following Royal years ago but my impression was that when Oasis and Allure first came to America they came empty and their first revenue transatlantics were when they went to drydock. Is that correct?

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Surpress signature

May I ask a question here. Is this the first public TA for a new Oasis class ship? I wasn't really following Royal years ago but my impression was that when Oasis and Allure first came to America they came empty and their first revenue transatlantics were when they went to drydock. Is that correct?

Roy

Correct. I think that is why there is such a furore about this TA because not many from over the pond have been on her already in the Med. Some friends of ours from the UK have. I was saving myself for the TA :). The deals when the itinerary was first on sale were unbelievable so we are nearly sailing for free. 3 sleeps for us until we fly to Barcelona.

Edited by heatherb1958

Roy

That is correct Roy when the new builds Oasis and Allure did their first Atlantic crossings they came with only crew members to their home port in Fort Lauderdale...Nov 20009 for Oasis and Nov 2010 for Allure.

The first revenue transatlantic for Oasis was in September 2014 an eastbound followed by her westbound in Oct 2014. Allure was in April of 2015 eastbound followed by a westbound in the fall of that year.

Edited by emmy

And to add to Heather and Emmy, both the Oasis and Allure were built in Finland and yes only workers accompanied both ships to the US. Whereas the Harmony was built in France and has had Med cruises since May (April?) of this year. I feel privileged to be taking Harmony's maiden TA voyage on the 23rd!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And to add to Heather and Emmy, both the Oasis and Allure were built in Finland and yes only workers accompanied both ships to the US. Whereas the Harmony was built in France and has had Med cruises since May (April?) of this year. I feel privileged to be taking Harmony's maiden TA voyage on the 23rd!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes we are definitely on the first transatlantic of this ship. Indeed a special privilege and looking forward to it :)

Test post using Tapatalk. [emoji1]

I've begun to pack. Packing cube containing 5 pair of men's shorts, one bathing suit, and 3 pair of Dockers slacks, all rolled. Woah!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Okay, so that's a very large picture! Is there a way to adjust size before posting??

I'm hooked too and will be following!!:D Leaving on our B2B this weekend, so will have to play "catch up" when I return home, so I bet there'll be a lot of good reading!!;) Our family will be on the HOTS next year in October and I am already bursting at the seams:eek: with excitement!! Carry on, and many thanks to all of you for providing all of us with such wonderful information and pictures!!!:cool:

Edited by SilkySal
add word

I have discovered that when you take a picture directly from Tapatalk it posts too big for many laptops. But if you take the picture first and then post adding the picture from Gallery it resizes and works fine. That at least is the way it works using my Samsung S5.

At the airport now waiting for our flight to JFK, then on to Barcelona from there. Can't wait to post LIVE from the Harmony! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk