Diamond amenities?

Coupons:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50334227#post50334227

Scroll down for Diamond.

Access to Diamond Lounge and 3 drink vouchers per night to be used at any bar during the time of the Diamond Lounge cocktail hour.

Are there any limitations on the TYPE of drink you can select with the vouchers or is the whole menu fair game?

Are there any limitations on the TYPE of drink you can select with the vouchers or is the whole menu fair game?

There's supposed to be limits to stuff available through the Diamond Lounge, but I find it really depends on who is serving you/ who the bartender is.

It's supposed to be house wines, well drinks, and cheap beers. As with most things RCI (you did say you were Diamond, right :) ), it depends...

(You'll get a zero balance receipt with a place for a tip. Tip nicely the first night, and go to the same bar/bartender the rest of the cruise. Repeat the tip part.)

There's supposed to be limits to stuff available through the Diamond Lounge, but I find it really depends on who is serving you/ who the bartender is.

My husband often gets drinks that are not on the specified menu. The tip always helps;):)

Took a long time to get to Diamond status. Will be sailing on Allure in Feb, 2017 as a Diamond member and was wondering what kind of perks are in store from beginning of cruise to the end?

Tks,

Michael

Congrats! We enjoy the drink coupons and ability to enjoy at a variety of lounges. They are on your card automatically.

Thanks too to Royal for this flexibility! :)

Edited by shipshape sam

It's supposed to be house wines, well drinks, and cheap beers. As with most things RCI (you did say you were Diamond, right :) ), it depends...

(You'll get a zero balance receipt with a place for a tip. Tip nicely the first night, and go to the same bar/bartender the rest of the cruise. Repeat the tip part.)

I am curious what your definition of "tipping nicely" is. Also, I assume you do it in cash. We are new Diamonds and are going on the HOS for the week of Thanksgiving. I am trying to figure at how many one dollar bills I should take with me. Any insight into this would help.

I am curious what your definition of "tipping nicely" is. Also, I assume you do it in cash. We are new Diamonds and are going on the HOS for the week of Thanksgiving. I am trying to figure at how many one dollar bills I should take with me. Any insight into this would help.

A hundred one's will do nicely! We bring some back too at times. It depends too, but for us, I give a 2-3 out when service is prompt, as I wanted and with a smile. That is me. It will depend on you!

For me it is an inexpensive way to reward immediately great customer service.

A hundred one's will do nicely! We bring some back too at times. It depends too, but for us, I give a 2-3 out when service is prompt, as I wanted and with a smile. That is me. It will depend on you!

For me it is an inexpensive way to reward immediately great customer service.

..............and the extras "ones" can be used in those famous strip clubs in Atlanta upon your return.....Let it rain, baby...........:eek:

If they can "make it" with the given ingredients (and don't need a blender) you can generally get things not specifically listed on the menu. We drank in the Schooner Bar on the Harmony and drank plenty of dirty martinis, Jack and Gingers, and long island ice teas.

We tip every time we are served...be it in the CL/DL or at a bar using our

drink coupons.

I bring a pack of ones (50.00 in a pack) for a 7 night cruise. At least a buck a drink

(and we don't do fancy drinks, just house wine and a beer). Two people

3 drinks a night = 6 bucks x 7 nights = 42.00. Not hard to blow through

that pack of ones! ;)

Edited by island lady

I found that on the Allure bartenders tended to be more liberal in various bars around the ship, than the strict nature of the suite lounge.

I would have thought it would have been the other way around, but noticed more flexibility of drink selection and options other than those listed on diamond selection card, and at first we did not tip extra, but, after the kind gestures we did.

Safe travels.

So, two separate questions:

In the Diamond lounge, averaging out to about a buck a drink is probably about right. Our first cruise as diamond, we had the same staff each night, so we tipped a couple of times along the way on a 12 day, so around $50 total; the buck at a time also works, but we found our folks were always in motion, and it was simpler for both of us to just catch them twice.

On the diamond drinks loaded on your Seapass, we were always handed a zero balance receipt to sign, with a line for a tip. Since the bartender was giving us wine that exceeded what was available in the lounge, I generally added about $5.00 a night for two glasses of wine. My thought process was that he should be getting the gratuity from the package, and I was giving extra. That may or may not have been a good thought process, but he was always there when we came by on our way to the MDR, and he didn't look disappointed with the tip.

Strangely, I think I actually started a thread on my iPad in the lounge somewhere in the North Sea last year asking this question! It wasn't something I'd even thought of!

Bud, Miller, Heineken, Amstel, are cheap beers?

If you check pricing in most bars/restaurants you will see the above are priced lower than most craft beers.

My only regret is Royal and Celebrity have on board great beers, but choose to serve only the 'cheap' beers to their loyal and loving and deserving Diamond members. :roll eyes:

I tend to drink the cheap (house) wine as I am not as much of a snob with wine as I am with my beer. Offer me a Bud and I will drink water. That is how bad a snob I am.

Edited by shipshape sam