Best time for a Caribbean cruise?

HooKares

We have been looking at an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Equinox. Weather wise, we are bouncing between February, March or April? We live on the West coast, so getting away from “winter” is not a concern although getting away from the rain is. :D Thoughts?

Cheers!

Best time is ANYTIME! We cruise almost every year from mid-March into early April and have always had wonderful weather. Our one cruise in February also had great weather, but we found the water a little too cold in a couple of ports.

I'd go with March due to better weather although the better deals and lessor crowds are January and February.

I like March in the Caribbean. Jan, Feb are to cold in the Caribbean. April is getting nice in the Pacific Northwest.

I like March in the Caribbean. Jan, Feb are to cold in the Caribbean. April is getting nice in the Pacific Northwest.

Too cold? We must have different views about cold....I have sailed there

in Jan and Feb and have never found it cold....actually, I have found the

Caribbean is warm all year round.

We are in Eclipse on Dec 11. I am hoping for nice weather. Is this a good time?

We should have great weather. We often sail the first 3 weeks of Dec. to the Caribbean and have always had great weather and since we do longer that 7 days and it's right before the holidays there's the added bonus of few kids aboard. Should be great weather.:D Getting excited?;):)

We were on Connie in Feb and it was beautiful and warm everywhere!

Maybe you're thinking of Bermuda? We've done Caribbean cruises from first week in Dec, through March and always have had beautiful beach weather and warm temps wherever we've gone.:)

So far about 18 cruises to the Caribbean between mid January and late March.

Perfect warm sunny weather and always a refreshing way to escape the Frigid Upstate New York Winters for 12 or so days. Wish they had a few leaving from NY or NJ like they used to, only on S class or smaller. LOL

bosco

We have been every January to the Eastern and every March or April to the Western and have always had great weather for both! Seas from Miami to Puerto Rico tend to be a little rougher than the Western route, but certainly nothing bad, just windy. Once you are in St. Thomas, Maarten, Kitt's, its all sun and fun!

We have been looking at an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Equinox. Weather wise, we are bouncing between February, March or April? We live on the West coast, so getting away from “winter” is not a concern although getting away from the rain is. :D Thoughts?

Cheers!

We like March/April/May timeframe as there is less of a chance for cool weather in Florida. We have tried Jan/Feb and it was downright cold as we got on ship on at least 2 of our trips/cruises. Next day it was much better as we were further south.

Having said the above, we are booked for January 2018, but it is a great itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale, so we will take our chances. :) We like to arrive early the day before and enjoy a day in our port of embarkation.

Edited by shipshape sam

The only part of the Caribbean where it can be somewhat cooler is the most northern islands that can get caught up on those cold fronts that can dip down from the north. Pretty much once you get to the second evening of the cruise,you are into the tropical zone.

January until mid February is a great time to go. Air fares and hotel prices are lower and you can usually get a great deal on a cruise.

We've never had a problem with cold in the Caribbean in January, and while we've not done a zillion cruises rain was only really an issue part of a day in Cozumel and part of a day in San Juan. Prices are great because everyone's "all traveled out" so soon after the Holidays, kids are in school, and lastly it's really about the time even where we're at to want to take a break from Winter.

Gonna miss that this year, but there's only a certain time you can do a Mardi Gras cruise ;) Gonna have to give up my Vegas NASCAR Race.

The second week of January is our favorite time- since it is after the holidays, interest is low and prices are good. There are fewer children (no offense, parents).

From mid-February to Easter one has to deal with spring breaks. I doubt that X gets a real party crowd but we find the ships fuller and trips more expensive.

Mid-April is the official start of "rainy season" in the Caribbean so if you are trying to avoid rain back home, I would not pick this month.

Of the months you suggested, I would pick February but, as others have said,pick your worst season- there really is no bad time to be on a cruise!

Agree 100%. Bermuda can be cold, but the Caribbean is beautiful and warm year round.

We like to go in January. Great weather and get away from the cold in Virginia.

We've cruised in the Caribbean from November to April. The weather was great in the islands for all. I pick weeks to avoid holiday and spring break crowds. February is my favorite month - no spring break yet and I'm sick of cold and snow and so ready for sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cheers!

It starts getting hotter once you get into Feb. The rainy season starts kicking in at the same time. It can still rain almost anytime, but the chances of a rainy day are pretty slim. Just passing showers(they can really be heavy)