Constellation in dry Dock May 2017

Beanb41

LOL as to "who would want those (cabins)" Obviously, this cruise line thinks that somebody WOULD or they wouldn't be adding them. As to "

the beef being substandard for Celebrity I think that's about as subjective as it will ever get. Me? I cruise for more than the beef.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody know if the May 2017 dry dock is confirmed? We are sailing Connie on June 5th. It would be great if they added the World Class Bar but I have only seen this on S-class to date. Happy to have Qsine added if that is true.

We are also sailing on Connie on June 5th :) And I agree about wishing the refurb would include the World Class Bar. I know it is wishful thinking. I even called the captains club to see if they would confirm all the changes that Connie would undergo in dry dock, and no luck there either.

Sad to see Ocean Liner goes (and the Normandie for that matter).

I agree, but to look at the glass half full, we'll save money, DH and I don't care for Tuscan or Qsine so we'll be saving on specialty dining on the m-class ships!

• 2 weeks later...

we're sailing on Connie on June 5th and have Ocean Liners booked, paid for and confirmed, for our anniversary on the 7th June. If it's not going to happen, I really hope Celebrity would let us know.

Feeling a little disheartened.

2 M class ships are listed for sale....see related thread

Guessing it is not Connie..

we really enjoyed cruising on her over the years... including Ocean Liners and the lovely Tuscan..which is .located upstairs where Q sine is located on. The Infinity .

We have already decided that after our upcoming Infinity cruise( if it is not sold ) we will no longer cruiss M class.. The updates are all nice, adding increased revenue areas and perk up some places but the ships themselves remain dated and dark in many areas.

Were did you see that 2 M class ships are for sale? We are sailing on the Summit (again) in August. They have added the Tuscan grill as we dined their last year. It was good- you can still get steaks but in addition pasta and italian dishes. I believe that the trend is going for more casual venues. Qsine was also very good with excellent service on the Summit.

I just looked up the article regarding the ship for sale and it said 2002-built date- that is the constellation year-

Were did you see that 2 M class ships are for sale? We are sailing on the Summit (again) in August. They have added the Tuscan grill as we dined their last year. It was good- you can still get steaks but in addition pasta and italian dishes. I believe that the trend is going for more casual venues. Qsine was also very good with excellent service on the Summit.

I just looked up the article regarding the ship for sale and it said 2002-built date- that is the constellation year-

See you have found the 'Sale' thread. Most think the first refers to Connie and the other seems to be in debate between Millie & Summit. The photos appear to be a mix of various X ships?

Following another live thread on here from someone on Connie at the moment. They are doing Singapore to Rome. He tells that communications cabling is already being laid in prep for dry dock. Also been told they are installing an Edge I cabin as a trial. Who knows this may not be true, but it would be amazing to see if it were.

we're sailing on Connie on June 5th and have Ocean Liners booked, paid for and confirmed, for our anniversary on the 7th June. If it's not going to happen, I really hope Celebrity would let us know.

I booked and paid for Ocean Liners for 29th May for my Birthday, and I am sticking my head in the sand and dealing with it as an when, which I have a feeling will be when we embark and it becomes clear it isn't possible.

And then I will go all American on them (this is not to offend, this is a compliment to Americans who tend to be far better at 'raising concerns' than us British :D) as I refuse to eat in Qsine again and we never tried Tuscan last time as the menu didn't seem worth the additional cost!

I booked and paid for Ocean Liners for 29th May for my Birthday, and I am sticking my head in the sand and dealing with it as an when, which I have a feeling will be when we embark and it becomes clear it isn't possible.

And then I will go all American on them (this is not to offend, this is a compliment to Americans who tend to be fair better at 'raising concerns' than us British :D) as I refuse to eat in Qsine again and we never tried Tuscan last time as the menu didn't seem worth the additional cost!

haha... we've decided to do the same 'head in sand' thing and see what happens when we board. Really not interested in either of the other restaurants, but want to do something special. I guess it will all work out. I agree that Tuscan doesn't really appeal to me (although hubby seems happy with the idea) and Qsine just seems to gimmicky. Either way, not much we can do.

Save

We are on the same cruise (June 5th) with you. We booked OL as it is a birthday celebration for one of us that day. Not fretting it at all. We definitely enjoy both Tuscan Grill and Qsine. I would say that TG is more formal but Qsine is a more fun experience if you have a larger group.

Currently on Connie from Singapore to Rome. Dry Dock has been shifted from Barcelona to Marseilles, France. Crew are already being told of work and training hours.

Some work is being done while we are at sea. This work includes installation of Air Scrubber and installation of a brand new communication system. Daily you see work men string new wires in the ceiling of the hallways on all floors. Been told that they are installing the new Edge Communication system as a beta, jumping over the existing apple base system on S-Class. The current system is really in need of an upgrade.

Also been told they will be upgrading the Royals and Penthouses. In addition Connie will receive all new carpet and some softgoods throughout the ship.

Also been told they will be installing one Edge Room to beta test.

As been stated in the thread - Oceanliner is going away as well as the "Wine Cellar" private dining room forward of Oceanliner. It will be replaced with some cabins and Qsine. We will be dining in Oceanliner tonight.

Currently on Connie from Singapore to Rome. Dry Dock has been shifted from Barcelona to Marseilles, France. Crew are already being told of work and training hours.

Some work is being done while we are at sea. This work includes installation of Air Scrubber and installation of a brand new communication system. Daily you see work men string new wires in the ceiling of the hallways on all floors. Been told that they are installing the new Edge Communication system as a beta, jumping over the existing apple base system on S-Class. The current system is really in need of an upgrade.

Also been told they will be upgrading the Royals and Penthouses. In addition Connie will receive all new carpet and some softgoods throughout the ship.

As been stated in the thread - Oceanliner is going away as well as the "Wine Cellar" private dining room forward of Oceanliner. It will be replaced with some cabins and Qsine. We will be dining in Oceanliner tonight.

Thanks for the information!

Incredible what can be done in less than two weeks. Going to Marseille will mean two days less time to do the work required

Thanks for the info.

very disappointing that Oceanliners is going away. It is one of the main reasons we chose this cruise for our anniversary. I'm at a loss now as to what to do with the booking we have paid for in Oceanliners. There is no way we want to end up in Qsine for our special night. There isn't any other types of formal specialty dining other than Tuscan Grille then, is there?

Thanks for the info.

very disappointing that Oceanliners is going away. It is one of the main reasons we chose this cruise for our anniversary. I'm at a loss now as to what to do with the booking we have paid for in Oceanliners. There is no way we want to end up in Qsine for our special night. There isn't any other types of formal specialty dining other than Tuscan Grille then, is there?

Maybe they might give you the new Edge style room to compensate!!!

Murano would have been my preferred option, loved it there and certainly would have been good for a anniversary celebration.:(

Maybe they might give you the new Edge style room to compensate!!!

Murano would have been my preferred option, loved it there and certainly would have been good for a anniversary celebration.:(

Haha... that would be a great compensation. :)

I would have loved Murano too. We love the old world charm of both restaurants, and wanted something we couldn't get at home. Oh well, we'll have to just deal with whatever we get. At least we won't be buying all the dining packages we were going to get now, so that will save some money for other things.

Save

Thanks for the info.

I cancelled my dining package as soon as I heard this :( disappointing to say the least.

We can't be the only people that have booked that particular restaurant, so it seems odd that Celebrity haven't got in touch to say 'whoops' and suggest alternatives. I know that we are unlikely to choose Tuscan and will definitely not be booking Qsine but surely it'd be easier to sort now before being on the ship and having to deal with a stream of unhappy people?

We can't be the only people that have booked that particular restaurant, so it seems odd that Celebrity haven't got in touch to say 'whoops' and suggest alternatives. I know that we are unlikely to choose Tuscan and will definitely not be booking Qsine but surely it'd be easier to sort now before being on the ship and having to deal with a stream of unhappy people?

My thoughts exactly. We're tossing up between just booking Tuscan now so that we don't miss out n at least doing 'something' or waiting and seeing what they come up with.

Haha... that would be a great compensation. :)

I would have loved Murano too. We love the old world charm of both restaurants, and wanted something we couldn't get at home. Oh well, we'll have to just deal with whatever we get. At least we won't be buying all the dining packages we were going to get now, so that will save some money for other things.

Save

I agree 100% Murano's would have been our choice. We are in a Royal with unlimited dining - would be a "benefit" we would not use on Constellation in the future. We experienced Qsine once and had fun but could not see doing it again let alone numerous times on a cruise.

My thoughts exactly. We're tossing up between just booking Tuscan now so that we don't miss out n at least doing 'something' or waiting and seeing what they come up with.

Do they have a Chef's Table type of experience on Celebrity (obviously it would be in Tuscan but may be something a bit more special than the standard menu). I know we've done Chef's Table on RC and on Azamara but not on Celebrity so can't remember if they do it. It won't be the same as Murano/Ocean Liners etc but may be a step up from just the normal Tuscan experience.

I wouldn't bet on it. The Celebrity website still has Demi Lovato featured prominently on its homepage for her 12/31/16 appearance in St. Maarten! We are sad to see the Ocean Liners restaurants disappearing on the M class ships. But to look at the glass half full view, we'll be saving money on the M class ships since we don't care for Tuscan (not worth the additional cost and nothing special) and Qsine is a once and done. Oh well, guess we'll just do spa or purchase stuff with our OBC.