Harmony LIVE, November 12th - 19th. Happier Than a Seagull with a French Fry!

A&L_Ont

My dreams were filled with sweet images of this last night.

353387c5416ea3227bed3a2fccd313b7.jpg

Now I need to welcome to all the new subscribers. Why are you guys up this early? Why am I up this early? I don't even need to be up until 6:50.;) Oh well.:rolleyes:

Those thanking Lisa for letting me do this, she says "he'd do it without my OK". I know the truth though, she likes to read the review before bed as I'm just finishing posting. The whole time I'm chuckling to myself and her response is more like open hand to her face and forehead. The most important thing to remember is, 14 years ago I asked for her hand in marriage and she said yes. I remind her of that ever once in a while. :)

Next stop on our travel itinerary.

2842b41ebdf766731b69af0053eae5b2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In today's cruise confession I will admit that "I often joke around and that I am that not often am I serious", but you will see that side of me. Today is our day of travel and we will be leaving shortly.

More importantly today is November 11th. In Canada it is Remembrance Day and in the States it is Veterans Day. To me it is a day to remember all that served their own country, no matter where they are from.

d1f590b549588532e7c8bb323ca5ffc1.jpg

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Canadian National War Memorial in Ottawa, Ontario.

3c6cf14111a960329a2766cd019beb2c.jpg

In my last couple of reviews I have posted videos, this one however is suited for today. Anyone reading this from Ontario and Canada will/may already know about the Highway of Heroes. For those reading from out of Canada here is a quick explanation.

The Highway of Heroes, is named in honour of Canadian soldiers who have died. It is a dedicated portion of Highway*401, which is the heaviest by volume travelled road in Canada. This length of highway is travelled by the convoy of vehicles carrying a fallen soldier's body, and their family, from Canadian Forces Base Trenton to the Chief Coroner's Office at the Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto. Since 2002, when the first fallen Canadian soldiers were repatriated from Afghanistan, crowds have lined the overpasses to pay their respects as convoys pass. The tradition has continued for soldiers post Afghanistan.

The song in this video was written and performed by a band called The Trews. It was inspired by the death of a Captain, in 2006, from their home town in Nova Scotia Canada. The photos are from numerous convoys and repatriations of fallen Canadian soldiers.

[YOUTUBE]IsCVlM1CSPU[/YOUTUBE]

To the men and women of the past, the present and the future, I thank-you for your service.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I so enjoy your reviews. This will be fun to tag along although, truth be told, I wish this was your March Harmony review. That would mean I'd be just 2 short weeks until my next cruise.

And to all of our veterans out there, a virtual standing ovation👏👏👏👏

Packing list complete. Along with a little note from Owen.

37b1122bab12599c7a7632e6affdbe53.jpg

Bags are loaded in the car and we have received the mandatory stink eye from Lucy. The vacation is about to begin.

8b0b42f679e351d9b332fc72fdc035ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

Bags are loaded in the car and we have received the mandatory stink eye from Lucy. The vacation is about to begin.

Funny how the animals know that they are about to be left behind once the suitcases come out of storage.

Should be an interesting Christmas at our house for the pet sitter. Our cat and dog as well as my Moms cat and potentially our foster kitten unless she gets adopted before we leave.

Does Owen know that he isn't going?;):p

Aww, I love Owens note! Is that the "mehhhh, your going on a cruise without me face" [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it.

Does Owen know that he isn't going?;):p

He sure does. We told him that this was a research cruise, and he responded with a no fair type of comment.

He also has a Silver Stick Hockey Tournament next weekend next weekend. They are ranked 2nd in their division this year of 28 teams and have no losses. We told him the team needs him. With 2 goals and 8 assists they do. The f they make the t to the final rounds we have games to go to on our first day back home.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Ut oh. "Belt" isn't crossed off.

You should be able to pick one up in Nassau. Good excuse to get off the ship, assuming your pants don't fall off on the gangway.

Remember, the ship is the destination. Be damned the belt, the buffet will take care of that small issue. :D

Hello! I was just on the 3 day and will be going back December 3rd with my kids in an Owners Suite.

Could you please find out the email address of the Suite Concierge? I haven't received an email yet and would like to book a Beach Cabana in Labadee since I have "two under two" before they sell out.

Thanks in advance!!! Looking forward to the rest of your review! :)

The weather was good for the drive, but windy. For whatever reason the turbines weren't running.

e0510ad23cc28fa0763667d811f522f8.jpg

We also heard a song suited for the drive.

d49c0c2889fa5e138ba2e41aaff53190.jpg

Boarding is in 20 minutes or so. We had a hitchhiker join us on the drive. It clung on the the "storm trooper" for 30 miles.

b7229691c04eff7de62b5d996fcd4ee6.jpg

We have arrived at DTW and are checked in. Detroit VS Everyone. I love you Detroit, no matter what I said on my scope today. [emoji6]

46c08f026a4cac74462a965fc9587336.jpg

We grabbed a quick bite at the Texas Longhorn. Great food.

c1c4ca7e91eedfc4a8c568ec1f93ff8a.jpg

Our waitress gave us a drink to go. A nice touch which equalled a bigger tip. She was wonderful.

7c6b3aef0f28f9341377dc11594082f7.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hello! I was just on the 3 day and will be going back December 3rd with my kids in an Owners Suite.

Could you please find out the email address of the Suite Concierge? I haven't received an email yet and would like to book a Beach Cabana in Labadee since I have "two under two" before they sell out.

Thanks in advance!!! Looking forward to the rest of your review! :)

You won't get your email until 5-7 days before your sailing. However, try the following two emails. The Concierges are Raj and Mohamed. Being so far out they might not respond, but you never know.

Good luck!

HM_Concierge01@rccl.com

HM_Concierge02@rccl.com

Bags are on the plane. Let's get this Boeing Going!!!!

I may be slow... but, what AP are you using to KNOW the bags are loaded. I need that. It will totally calm my OCD. :o:o

Never mind... it's Delta. So cool.

We're flying Southwest though... darn it.

Edited by LasVegasAngel

I may be slow... but, what AP are you using to KNOW the bags are loaded. I need that. It will totally calm my OCD. :o:o

Never mind... it's Delta. So cool.

We're flying Southwest though... darn it.

We discovered this one time after our luggage didn't make the flight home. Doesn't really help my OCD either, but it helps to know that it is on the flight as we make our way to the ship.

We are fortunate enough to be offered a meal during our flight and I thought about taking a photo until I saw it. It was a shrimp and rice salad (interesting combo) and a surprise side of cold corn chowder. It did not look appealing at all. The chowda, Maureen that one is for you, looked like chowder alright. Just not the edible variety. :eek:

It's a good thing I ate in Detroit.

We are fortunate enough to be offered a meal during our flight and I thought about taking a photo until I saw it. It was a shrimp and rice salad (interesting combo) and a surprise side of cold corn chowder. It did not look appealing at all. The chowda, Maureen that one is for you, looked like chowder alright. Just not the edible variety. :eek:

It's a good thing I ate in Detroit.

You know Ken Jarvis would not approve of certain aspects of that meal [emoji14]

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by BugsyCruiser

Lisa just finished watching the movie Bad Mom's. Since this is an "us" cruise, hopefully she got a few ideas. [emoji6] I hope she doesn't read this post. [emoji12]

We are just crossing the Florida-Georgia Line, and all it makes me wanna roll my windows down and cruise.

6b69895fe0f21d1e48d2733c1dd2aa64.jpg