ms Koningsdam and ms Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away - November 13, 2016

Boytjie

Sunday is the first time we can enjoy a Koningsdam day time departure from Florida. And she may be a good tooter... on Wednesday night she gave us three good toots when she departed at 10:15 PM. (I can't recall another cruise ship tooting that late at night).

The Koningsdam is joined by her (slightly) older sister, Nieuw Amsterdam. Koningsdam will be at Pier 19 and Nieuw Amsterdam at Pier 26.

Both dam ships are scheduled to depart at 16:00/4:00 PM EST - subject to change as always.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Also in port are Allure of the Seas, Caribbean Princess and "Love Boat" tootin' Regal Princess.

The Koningsdam's 10-Day Southern Caribbean Seafarer itinerary:

Nov 13 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Nov 14 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Nov 15 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Nov 16 Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Nov 17 At Sea

Nov 18 Kralendijk, Bonaire

Nov 19 Willemstad, Curacao

Nov 20 Oranjestad, Aruba

Nov 21 At Sea

Nov 22 At Sea

Nov 23 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6S10F.jpg

The Koningsdam's 21-Day Southern Caribbean Seafarer/Wayfearer itinerary:

Nov 15 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Nov 16 Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Nov 17 At Sea

Nov 18 Kralendijk, Bonaire

Nov 19 Willemstad, Curacao

Nov 20 Oranjestad, Aruba

Nov 21 At Sea

Nov 22 At Sea

Nov 23 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Nov 24 At Sea

Nov 25 At Sea

Nov 26 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Nov 27 Castries, Saint Lucia

Nov 27 Scenic Cruising Soufriere Bay

Nov 28 Bridgetown, Barbados

Nov 29 Fort-De-France, Martinique

Nov 29 Daylight passing Mount Pelee

Nov 30 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Dec 1 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Dec 2 At Sea

Dec 3 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Dec 4 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6S21F.jpg

The Westerdam's 7-day Western Caribbean itinerary:

Nov 15 At Sea

Nov 16 Georgetown, Cayman Islands

Nov 17 Cozumel, Mexico

Nov 18 At Sea

Nov 19 Key West, Florida, US

Nov 20 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6WX7F.jpg

The Westerdam's 14-day Western/Eastern Caribbean itinerary:

Nov 15 At Sea

Nov 16 Georgetown, Cayman Islands

Nov 17 Cozumel, Mexico

Nov 18 At Sea

Nov 19 Key West, Florida, US

Nov 20 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Nov 21 At Sea

Nov 22 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Nov 23 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Nov 24 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Nov 25 At Sea

Nov 26 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Nov 27 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

CX146F.jpg

May the Koningsdam's initial daylight sailaway be fantastic.

Roy

It's unbelievable - if Koningsdam doesn't get away in time on their next visit to PEV/FLL [on Wed the 23rd], I will miss that one too. My first daylight Koningsdam sailaway may be when I'm on her in February. :D :eek: :D (Not really, by mid-December my schedule is freed-up.)

I plan to be here.

Sail a way question please for those familiar with the R ships? Is there a particular spot you would recommend for the Rotterdam for sail a way (and webcam shots). Right now, we are planning on the Retreat (what used to be the sea view pool). Wondering if there is a better spot? Haven't been on an R ship in a very long time:o

Thanks so much if anyone has any thoughts.

Well, for those of you that can be here tomorrow as the MS Koningsdam departs... I will be waving at you all! It's been just shy of 4 years for me being on one of the dam ships and I am going to be excited!

I hope that you will wave back from your computers!

Well, for those of you that can be here tomorrow as the MS Koningsdam departs... I will be waving at you all! It's been just shy of 4 years for me being on one of the dam ships and I am going to be excited!

Do you know where you will be during the sail-away?

We will be waving :). Did you request a wave from the webcam? If you did, let us know where you will be so we can watch for you.

I plan to be here.

Sail a way question please for those familiar with the R ships? Is there a particular spot you would recommend for the Rotterdam for sail a way (and webcam shots). Right now, we are planning on the Retreat (what used to be the sea view pool). Wondering if there is a better spot? Haven't been on an R ship in a very long time:o

Thanks so much if anyone has any thoughts.

My suggestions: the deck over the Port Bridge Wing on Lido Deck, forward of the Fitness Center. There is a door at the front, Port side of the Fitness Center that provides access to that deck. Or, the forward open deck on Verandah Deck which can be accessed by walking towards the bow using the Port side corridor. You cannot get to this area using the Starboard side corridor. Another possibility would be the Port side open deck on Sports Deck near the Magradome cover.

Look at the Rotterdam's deck plans and see which would be best for you. Hope this helps.

My suggestions: the deck over the Port Bridge Wing on Lido Deck, forward of the Fitness Center. There is a door at the front, Port side of the Fitness Center that provides access to that deck. Or, the forward open deck on Verandah Deck which can be accessed by walking towards the bow using the Port side corridor. You cannot get to this area using the Starboard side corridor. Another possibility would be the Port side open deck on Sports Deck near the Magradome cover.

Look at the Rotterdam's deck plans and see which would be best for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks :). Deck plans don't show what is protected and not which is why I thought I would ask. Appreciated :)

No good views of HAL ships on PEV - until they leave. Koningsdam hidden behind Caribbean Princess and NA out of view at pier 26.

FLL should have good views but will probably be panning with this many ships spread out.

Nieuw Amsterdam coming into view.

PEV keeps losing its sound - refreshing often - daylight for NA.

Edited by Happily@Sea

Was baffled that the itinerary and graphics on Page 1 were for the Westerdam but the HAL site shows it for the Nieuw Amsterdam... Same dates...

I think you are just trying to confuse an old man...:):)

I didn't even notice that, I know Westie is on the left coast this winter so I didn't notice the name of the ship, I only look at graphics and itinerary.

Peter probably got distracted while also posting the Westie sailaway thread from SD on Saturday.

I won't want to try to keep up with all of them.

This 'old man' poster has sharp eyes. ;)

Carole