Is concierge class worth it for an Elite member.

jebl

Thanks for the info. Looks like it is worth it.

Most of the benefits are basically fluff or available to everyone else on the ship. For example in reality, unless you are into Capuchin's or Smoothies, the breakfast menu is basically the same. The priority embarkation is just a separate line which you already get as Elite. It really depends on the price difference and which type of ship you are on. On M class ships, locations of CC cabins can be better and veranda's bigger. S class ships there really is no difference in cabin or veranda size. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $50pp more for a CC cabin over veranda.

Edited by dkjretired

I was wondering what perks you get in Cc that you wouldn't get as an Elite member. Is it worth the extra charge?

Thanks.

Wouldn't a first time cruiser in a Concierge cabin get the same cabin benefits as an Elite CC member? Foot stools etc.

Wouldn't a first time cruiser in a Concierge cabin get the same cabin benefits as an Elite CC member? Foot stools etc.

Yes. Being elite or whatever has no bearing on being in Concierge Class cabin. The Elite perks are completely separate. The wine is average , the canapés almost inedible and fruit is generally green apples. The canapés can be obtained in the buffet at 3.30 everyday, fruit can be collected in the buffet at meal times. The only tangible benefit of CC over a standard balcony is the extra Captains Club points if hat is important. I am assuming from the tone of your message that you are a Royal Caribbean customer enjoying Elite benefits in which case you the extra points would be of little benefit as you start at the bottom rung again for accumulation of points

No, elite perks are totally different. Elite gets cocktail party, laundry perks, Internet minutes, breakfast, etc. If in Concierge you get none of those.

No, elite perks are totally different. Elite gets cocktail party, laundry perks, Internet minutes, breakfast, etc. If in Concierge you get none of those.

I'm Elite. I know the benefits. I thought the OP was asking if she would get additional benefits in a Concierge cabin because she is Elite. Please correct me if I am wrong, but an Elite in any cabin should get the Elite benefits.

Most of the benefits are basically fluff or available to everyone else on the ship. For example in reality, unless you are into Capuchin's or Smoothies, the breakfast menu is basically the same. The priority embarkation is just a separate line which you already get as Elite. It really depends on the price difference and which type of ship you are on. On M class ships, locations of CC cabins can be better and veranda's bigger. S class ships there really is no difference in cabin or veranda size. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $50pp more for a CC cabin over veranda.

I think capuchins are cute as all get out but I don't want one for breakfast!!!!! :D

• Like 1

It is location, location and location. Plus, elite benefits, IMO, are really nice. Add a suite and you are enjoying the good life, along with the frosting on the cake! I also love S class! But cruising in just a regular cabin, like a 1A on the slant is living pretty good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Thanks again for all of the input.

Just as an fyi I was Elite before I became D then D+ on Royal. The extra points may help me to get to E Elite plus sooner.

Many moons ago, you had to pay to join Captain's Club. I am a charter member hence my Elite status.

Thanks again for all of the input.

Just as an fyi I was Elite before I became D then D+ on Royal. The extra points may help me to get to E Elite plus sooner.

Many moons ago, you had to pay to join Captain's Club. I am a charter member hence my Elite status.

The highest status you can become through RCCL is Elite. Once you are elite in Celebrity the only way of becoming Elite Plus is to accumulate points through X. Your points on RCCL are of no benefit.

• 6 months later...

I completely agree. I see no benefit whatsoever for Concierge, except maybe for the 5 points per day. I think the Veranda locations are just as good as Concierge, except as the ship starts to fill up, Concierge cabins may be the only good ones left. Now, if they replaced that cheap bottle of sparkling wine with a bottle of scotch, I might reconsider.

Jebl

Concierge perks and Elite perks are really separate....very little overlap. Elite breakfast, cocktail party, internet and laundry have no equivalents in concierge class, which is more about the stateroom than anything else.

Depends on the ship - on Infinity, we choose Concierge because the cabins are larger than a regular veranda - 191 sq.ft. vs. 170 sq.ft. For a long cruise that extra space really matters to us. Aqua Class cabins are a little bit larger at 194 sq.ft.

Another reason to choose Concierge on some ships is location. On one smaller ship, though I can't remember which ship or even be sure it was Celebrity, all the veranda cabins were either above or below public areas which could be noisy. Only the Concierge cabins had only other cabins above and below.

Price Point

If you monitor prices, often concierge cabins go for less than a standard veranda. We saved substantially from an initially booked 2B at 2C pricing due to Cap't Club upgrade in switching to a C2 again using the 1 category Cap't Club upgrade for quite a savings.

We are elite and will probably never make it to +, but will enjoy the footstools and extra points for sure! I would personally not pay a higher price for a concierge cabin.

Elite really doesn't have a bearing on any cabin except a one category upgrade that isn't much as it is in the same category with exceptions.

On a M class ship the cabins are larger and so are the AQ that were former CC converted to AQ. There are no footstools on the M class balcony.

On the S class all basic cabins and balconies are the same size and you do get footstools for CC or AQ.

Look on Celebrities' website and they have a discription to the differences.

It all depends on the price difference and if you feel that the extra perks are worth it, unless the difference is very small the perks really don't add much extra value as you won't either use them or they are just fluff that tries to justify the extra cost.

All the so called priorities are basically worthless an don't really amount to anything.

happy cruising 🚢🌊🇺🇸🌞

We booked our first CC cabin on Silhouette transatlantic last April after fourteen cruises all on M class ships most in a corner FV. We wanted an aft facing cabin and thought the way to go was a Sunset Veranda. It turned out we could get a CC (C1) for less so we took it. Except for location and the slightly larger cabin and veranda (204sq and 42sq vs 170sq and 38 sq) the CC perks didn't do anything for us. We asked our attendant not to bring the afternoon canapes. Didn't use the departure lounge and weren't onboard early enough for the lunch. For us it was price and location.

I was wondering what perks you get in Cc that you wouldn't get as an Elite member. Is it worth the extra charge?

Thanks.

We are Elite Plus and have a booking in Concierge. We actually told our cruise agent to book us a regular balcony (because after our last 3 cruises in Aqua we no longer thought Blu was worth extra money)....but there was a decent promotion that had Concierge Class at almost the same price. Since we liked the cabin location...we said OK. As to perks, we do not think Concierge perks are worth more then a few dollars per day. There is a lot to say for booking a lower category balcony cabin and saving the money.

Hank