Do many boat people meet up again on future Boat Trips

Ladesign

SWMBO & I were discussing how many lovely people we had met on previous trips, both passengers and staff.

In January we (3) are meeting up with 2 peops from Canadia - who we have been with on 3 previous cruises , 2 brits & 2 Germans we met this year. All 9 are dining together - and have a couple of group trips scheduled in Barbados & St Maarten.

In addition we will be meeting up with 2 Brit couples who we still keep in touch with via Social Media and another couple from Canadia we met in Jan 2015 on Eclipse (who all went in a med cruise June this year)

Is this the norm? I know a lot of CC posters are habitual boat travellers - just wondering if others have the luck we have had in meeting such fantastic people.

Oh and a warning - if on Eclipse late January and not keen on a group who continually laugh and joke and treat the Staff with civility and respect it nay be a good idea to give the Bar at back of the boat a wide berth late afternoons[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Ladesign

Lol,(re Canadia!) I have travelled with a friend I met on a cruise over 10 years ago, we have cruised 6 times since that first cruise. I also keep in touch with 7 other people from different cruises and have met up with some of them for meals and also a trip to Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Six of us met on an Adriatic cruise a few years ago and are meeting once again to do an Atlantic crossing (TA) this April on the Reflection. Our initial meeting was on CC with tours.

We have stayed friends through social media, email and texting. There is just something that clicks, making the cruise even more fun due to sharing with those who enjoy the cruising experience.

My DH and I enjoy meeting people from all over the globe...

Edited by Lastdance

I have many many great connections with people on ships. Many I speak with regularly via social media. I have cruised again with some and have made trips to visit them. I took my first cruise in 1997 on the Norwegian Crown and still talk with that person. I met another person on the Celebrity Galaxy back in 2003. We took one more cruise together and vacation at the beach every year. Celebrity or any cruise line is missing a unique marketing opportunity how Cruises may end but the friendships continue. Crazy how you can spend as little as 7 days with someone and have such a connection.

We have met many cruisers that we've formed friendships with, done subsequent cruises with, visited them at the homes in other countries and they made they track to Australia to travel and tour with us. And we're not even retired yet.

Just yesterday we hosted for the day in Brisbane two couples, one from Dallas Texas and one from Sydney off the celebrity solstice that we re met for the second time on Azamara in the Middle East in April. Our current most solid and binding travel friendship was formed through a cruise critic post in 2009 and though we live on other sides of the world, we cordinate lots of catch ups, and it all began from a single cruise critic message. We're like family.

I think it has a correlation to your attitude to life and living. What's the saying you can chose your friends but not your family. On the other hand I happily travel with our adult children but our extended family aren't interested.

Enjoy your travel and your friendships. By the way we remain in touch with a number of officers, staff and crew on the two small ships that Azamara run and we're alway welcomed back by name and the words welcome home.

Looking forward to spending Christmas onboard with our second family .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We haven't re-cruised with anyone we've met on board, but we did attend the destination wedding of a wonderful couple we met on the Infinity. My aunt and uncle are avid cruisers and regularly travel with friends they met on a cruise, so yes, it happens!

It happens. We became friends with the couple sitting next to us at dinner on our last cruise. We text and Facebook pretty regularly. We have seen each other once in person since last December when we met and we are meeting up in PR next month for a southern Caribbean cruise on the Summit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We met a group of people from CC at a meet and greet back in 2009. We have been friends ever since. We get together from time to time and have sailed with them again as well. We keep in touch through social media since we all live a long driving distance away from each other.

Oh no, sounds like trouble, OP! We are also on the late January cruise on the Eclipse with a group of former cruise buddies from all over the US that we met on a TA a few years ago. We met through our roll call and planned some events prior to that cruise and hit it off onboard.

We traveled with one of the couples last year and had a great time and have kept in touch in between cruises.

For the January cruise, we are the Exotic Cruisers and have a wine tasting planned for our group (everyone brings a wine from their state or just a favorite to share), several private excursions, dinner in Aruba and will mix and match dinner times onboard (some in Luminae, some in Blu and some in MDR). The constant will be cocktail hour together every evening. We are so looking forward to connecting again.

Hope we meet your group - we love people from Canadia - we actually live only 1 1/2 hrs from the border. We will keep an eye out for you - we will be the other big group laughing it up in the Sunset Bar. :D

SWMBO & I were discussing how many lovely people we had met on previous trips, both passengers and staff.

Is this the norm? url]

Both.

Our waiter in the MDR in 2014 was our waiter on the Zenith in 1994, and the staff in the GasrtoBar last Nov had a Dogfish 90 for the 3 guys, and a glass of red wine for the gals started before our tails hit the chairs!

On our next cruise in Nov 2017 we have 12 booked and 3 on the fence that have all cruised together in the last 4 years. All because of the Roll Call here on CC.

IMG_3925.jpg.6d42f45b85829750f7cbec401836a855.jpg

I'm just off a cruise with a group I've sailed with before. Some many times, some just twice, some were new to the group. Some from US, some from Canada, some from the Netherlands. We all met initially on Cruise Critic. We celebrated a 50th wedding anniversary vow renewal for one of the couples. It was wonderful to see everyone again.

We met a couple at our dinning table a few years ago and have done a river cruise, 6 cruises and added land vacations to the mix.

They are very mobile and retired young like us and it is an asset when you have 2 couples to work on the logistics of a long trip.

We have what we call Tribal councils over the phone as they live in California and we in Toronto. We hash out interests and bucket list items and then break out different items for each on the team to research and update the group on at the next Tribal meeting.

From these meeting we have pieced together our itinerary for numerous amazing trips.

We have done two three month trips with them and a few shorter ones but we often break off during our trips and go our own way and then meet up at various points on the trip.

It helps cost wise when sharing VRBO accommodations and on transportation like transfers or car rentals and tour guides. Each couple brings a different perspective when researching.

We have shared accommodation in Thailand, Rome, Key West, Hawaii and even a barge in the heart of Amsterdam which would have been cost prohibitive for us as a single couple.

We are planning a trip to England next summer which will entail a narrow boat for a week on the canals, life is good.

We met some very dear friends on Connie in 2012 and have cruised with them three times since. (Just off Equinox last month) On our second cruise with them, we met a lovely couple from Quebec whom we have cruised with twice, and A couple from Green Bay whom we have come especially close to. We have cruised with them 4 times and they are on each of our up coming booked trips. We have had them down to GA twice and have visited them in Wisconsin as well. None of this would have happened without Cruise Critic. We met on the boards first and it just went from there. Very blessed to have these people in our lives.

Edited by marieps

In January we (3) are meeting up with 2 peops from Canadia - who we have been with on 3 previous cruises , 2 brits & 2 Germans we met this year. All 9 are dining together - and have a couple of group trips scheduled in Barbados & St Maarten.

In addition we will be meeting up with 2 Brit couples who we still keep in touch with via Social Media and another couple from Canadia we met in Jan 2015 on Eclipse (who all went in a med cruise June this year)

Is this the norm? I know a lot of CC posters are habitual boat travellers - just wondering if others have the luck we have had in meeting such fantastic people.

Oh and a warning - if on Eclipse late January and not keen on a group who continually laugh and joke and treat the Staff with civility and respect it nay be a good idea to give the Bar at back of the boat a wide berth late afternoons[emoji41]

You sure do sound like a fun group to hang out with!! We, too, have met many wonderful dinner companions on our cruises. The only ones we have kept in touch with, we met on the Cruisecritic roll call for last March's Equinox sailing. We are getting together for a future Eclipse sailing with this very lovely couple.

Another couple, I have stayed in touch with on Facebook, but have not cruised with them again.

It's a shame, isn't it? That it's so hard to stay in touch!

Edited by Cruisen'Susan
typo

• 2 weeks later...

yes, We met a couple about 8 years on constellation. Turns out we live close to them and had some mutual friends. We are now best friends. have been to our children's weddings, funerals, land vacations, and everything in between with them. have even spent some holidays together. Sometimes they are more family than family!They are the best thing that ever happened to us. Can't even imagine cruising without them. Not sure how or why it happened but am sure it was meant to be!

My DW and I met a family from Albuquerque on Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas in May 2008. Actually, it was the kids who palled around first for a few days before we actually met the parents. The kids were the exact same ages ( 16 and 12) and had great fun exploring the ship and finding their own places to convene movie watching parties on laptops/DVD players. We actually swapped our dining time and table places with their kids so we could meet and dine with the parents ( received great comments about how well behaved the kids were). Since then, we have all cruised together on the Graduation Cruise of 2010 ( Liberty, Caribbean) and the adults have taken several cruises together on RC and Celebrity ( with one Princess cruise through the Panama Canal). My family attended the wedding of their daughter 2 years ago and they returned the favor at our daughter's wedding 2 weeks ago. We have another adult cruise scheduled for next fall on Grandeur of the Seas going to Canada/New England ( as well as another wedding to attend in Albuquerque next summer).

In October 2013, my DW and I went on the Solstice repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Sydney for our 25th anniversary. We met 8 wonderful Aussies adjoining our table for 2, got to know the 4 closest ones to our table very well. Since then, we have met them in the Pacific Northwest after they took an Alaskan cruise ( I had a West Coast meeting at the same time - worked out great!) and hope to meet them again in Vancouver this summer after they go on another Alaskan cruise ( just haven't been able to connect on another cruise yet....but we will !).

If you are open to meeting people, you can meet future lifelong friends on cruise ships and have great trips and memories....

I won't say we "keep in touch" with people we meet on cruises, but many times we get on a cruise and see people we know. We just saw some cruising friends when we went on Enchantment end of Oct. We were laying at the pool and saw them walk up to the bar. Had not seen them in a while so it was great to see them again

We know a lot of the staff so it is always nice to see them again.

So although we don't necessarily keep in touch, we do see many people we know on the various cruises we take