Change to Latitudes Program in 2017?

SuiteCruiser

I don't think you can book an insider offer on your first cruise????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You no doubt are correct - BUT if NCL lets you set up a latitudes customer

account pre-cruise with zero points then it maybe possible to review the

insider offers that coincide with ones first cruise plans.

This would require some real insider track info to construct this on the first trip.

If not then as you have noted the only possibility of scoring Platinum would

be for a trip of 26 days or more. Not many cruises are over 14 days except

those set up as B2B and/or a ship positioning sequence.

It would be possible for the first time cruiser on a B2B ship positioning to do

this and would need some insider help to arrange this.

Merely trivia at this point interesting thought provoking discussion - - -

Suggestion:

If you want to get to Platinum a bit quicker then you are doing one thing right

booking the cruise 9 months in advance. Since stepping up to a suite for the

additional points maybe not be economically feasible there is a way to get

those additional points by booking an insider offer. You should be getting

emails or other mailed material highlighting such offers. If not call NCL; your

TA or other source of booking to see if one of these can coincide with your

9 month planned booking.

Remember that there are 4 ways to get the Latitude Points

1) Just booking a cruise - 1 point per night

2) You found extra points with booking 9 months away - 1 additional point per night

3) booking a suite gets 1 additional point per night

4) and booking an insider offer (within the time limits of the offering) 1 additional point per night

Maximum of -4- points per night.

If you can consider taking a cruise longer than the usual 7 nights to get the points faster !

Remember though that the extra point you get for booking 9 months out will de taken away if you do anything like take advantage of a price reduction that makes them cancel and re book you within that 9 months

Remember though that the extra point you get for booking 9 months out will de taken away if you do anything like take advantage of a price reduction that makes them cancel and re book you within that 9 months

My PCC did it for us and did not rebook, so we got the 9 month bonus anyway even though we saved $400 by rebooting a 19 day and 10 day b2b. Never hurts to ask.

I hope someone can answer a question for me. I booked a cruise on Sept 29 2016 which sails on July 16, 2017. This is 9 months 17 days. Do I still receive the benefit of extra points, as long as they don't change the program? Or is it 9 full months?

We always book more than 9 months in advance. After two NCL cruises, we are in the middle of the silver status. After our next, we will reach gold. I want to try other lines, but want to get to platinum.

If you want to try other lines, you should do so. The rewards for being platinum are not so great, imho, that they should deter someone from cruising on another line just to accumulate NCL points. It's not like there's a deadline to get there. If you see an itinerary on another line that looks good to you, on a ship you'd like to try, I say go for it. :)

Edited by Turtles06

My PCC did it for us and did not rebook, so we got the 9 month bonus anyway even though we saved $400 by rebooting a 19 day and 10 day b2b. Never hurts to ask.

Absolutely not, never hurts. This was just a caveat as it happened to us and we did not even know. We had a suite, 9 month out and insider so we were supposed to get 28 points for our cruise and make us platinum which is why we did it that way only to find out after the cruise they we lost 7 of those points when the price dropped 150 bucks. No one told us and we had no idea until after when we were short the points for platinum

I hope someone can answer a question for me. I booked a cruise on Sept 29 2016 which sails on July 16, 2017. This is 9 months 17 days. Do I still receive the benefit of extra points, as long as they don't change the program? Or is it 9 full months?

Yes. 9 months OR MORE before sailing counts. 8 months 17 days wouldn't count.

No one told us and we had no idea until after when we were short the points for platinum
It's in the Latitudes FAQ:
Will I still earn the additional points if I change the promotion on my reservation?

[…] For an existing reservation to qualify for a new offer/promotion, it has to be cancelled and re-booked which then changes the booking date on the reservation. If this change is done within 9 months prior to sailing, the reservation is then disqualified from receiving the early booking points. The booked date of your new reservation will be used to determine if you booked 9 months in advance and are eligible for the early booking points.

Sometimes they don't update the booking date, I don't know why. After you rebooked, didn't you receive a new confirmation? The booking date on that would have told you whether to expect the extra point or not.

FYI, 9 months 17 days is more than 9 full months. It's a whole 17 days more.

It's in the Latitudes FAQ:

Sometimes they don't update the booking date, I don't know why. After you rebooked, didn't you receive a new confirmation? The booking date on that would have told you whether to expect the extra point or not.

I am not complaining about this, just did not think too much into it when it happened to go and look over the rules about booking, it is all good - just had to book another cruise which was fine. No worries, just figured maybe there was someone out there like me who did not even think about it that may want to know. I am sure the booking date did change but again did not think enough to look at this

Edited by pieshops

Absolutely not, never hurts. This was just a caveat as it happened to us and we did not even know. We had a suite, 9 month out and insider so we were supposed to get 28 points for our cruise and make us platinum which is why we did it that way only to find out after the cruise they we lost 7 of those points when the price dropped 150 bucks. No one told us and we had no idea until after when we were short the points for platinum

Would rather save $150 than become platinum one cruise sooner.

We always book more than 9 months in advance. After two NCL cruises, we are in the middle of the silver status. After our next, we will reach gold. I want to try other lines, but want to get to platinum.

Your Platinum status doesn't start until the cruise "after" you reach Platinum. So if you go on another line, your NCL status remains the same, and you can start building up your levels on other lines.

We are Platinum on NCL and Princess. Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity.

We cruise on different lines for the different experiences, different itineraries, different people, etc. Broaden your horizons.

Where to find the Insiders Offers ?

The Blue Banner Bar starting with PLAN YOUR VACATION

scan across finding SPECIAL OFFERS

Click on it and there you are browse it - it changes Monthly !

Thanks for posting this. We are platinum but had no idea about the insider offers.

I have been pleased with the platinum perks....VERY easy to get compared to other lines.

RCCL and X have higher requirements to get to their upper levels and better perks, but a lot harder to amass. HAL is even harder to get to 4 star where anything of value is offered and perks not as good as the other three.

Will be interested in seeing what the new program is...

I would hope one of the new perks for an advanced level of Latitudes would be anything you want from whatever restaurant you want with your "Platinum" dinner certificate.

It was a little demeaning to be told that what you could or could not have while using a certificate. After 35+ NCL cruises and approaching 500 points I don't want to be treated like a child while dining.

Tip... If you get enough points for your tier level to change after the first week of a B2B, you can speak to the onboard cruise consultant about having the system updated right away (vs the few weeks it usually takes for them to do it once you get off the ship). This way you can get the perks for your new level at the start of your second week.

Your Platinum status doesn't start until the cruise "after" you reach Platinum. So if you go on another line, your NCL status remains the same, and you can start building up your levels on other lines.

We are Platinum on NCL and Princess. Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity.

We cruise on different lines for the different experiences, different itineraries, different people, etc. Broaden your horizons.

this bottle of wine you get... what if you are a teetotaler or you don't like wine... they should give you the option of what you can have to drink... that would be a great pert.

On our last two cruises (Pearl and Gem) we asked for bottled water instead of wine at La Cuchina. On the Pearl, the manager gave us 2 bottles of water for one certificate.

We already had the Ultimate beverage plan so the wine would have been superfluous.

On our last two cruises (Pearl and Gem) we asked for bottled water instead of wine at La Cuchina. On the Pearl, the manager gave us 2 bottles of water for one certificate.

We already had the Ultimate beverage plan so the wine would have been superfluous.

Some take the wine home.

I would hope one of the new perks for an advanced level of Latitudes would be anything you want from whatever restaurant you want with your "Platinum" dinner certificate.

It was a little demeaning to be told that what you could or could not have while using a certificate. After 35+ NCL cruises and approaching 500 points I don't want to be treated like a child while dining.

Now now be good.....you cannot have dessert if you don't finish your dinner!:D:D;)

How have you and C been? We haven't run into you in a real long time.

Edited by Arzeena

Suggestion:

If you want to get to Platinum a bit quicker then you are doing one thing right

booking the cruise 9 months in advance. Since stepping up to a suite for the

additional points maybe not be economically feasible there is a way to get

those additional points by booking an insider offer. You should be getting

emails or other mailed material highlighting such offers. If not call NCL; your

TA or other source of booking to see if one of these can coincide with your

9 month planned booking.

Remember that there are 4 ways to get the Latitude Points

1) Just booking a cruise - 1 point per night

2) You found extra points with booking 9 months away - 1 additional point per night

3) booking a suite gets 1 additional point per night

4) and booking an insider offer (within the time limits of the offering) 1 additional point per night

Maximum of -4- points per night.

If you can consider taking a cruise longer than the usual 7 nights to get the points faster !

Thank you! I always look at the inside offers. Our next cruise is going to be one of the longer ones of Norway. Lots of saving ahead.