Change to Latitudes Program in 2017?

SuiteCruiser

I will tier up ahead of my husband.

When I hit Platinum, it says dinner for two with wine. Will we still get that even if he's not platinum yet?

Yes. Then when he's platinum you will each get a certificate in your cabin. (Unless the 2017 new changes change something.)

When you turn Platinum each person receives a certificate for 2 people at a specialty restaurant with a free bottle of wine (NCL selects what you get). When my wife and I cruise NCL each of us gets one of these certificates so we have 2 dinners and typically in Le Bistro which we prefer (cannot use in Cagney's). So even if only one of you are Platinum you still should receive one certificate for the 2 of you...or am I missing something?

We have never cruised when we were not the same status so maybe they treat this differently.

Each certificate is good for 2 people to dine together, and 1 bottle of wine. One must be the platinum cruiser, and the other a guest of their choice, regardless of status. If you have 2 platinum cruisers, you'll get 2 certs, for 2 people to dine on each cert. So a total of 4 meals. 3 platinum cruisers will give you 3 certs, 6 meals. Etc, etc, etc. Hope this is clear. 🙂

this bottle of wine you get... what if you are a teetotaler or you don't like wine... they should give you the option of what you can have to drink... that would be a great pert.
Ask them if you can have two cocktails instead, or soft drinks. They might say yes, they might say no. Same with the bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom, people have reported being able to exchange it for something else. Doesn't hurt to ask.

See post #2 that someone was nice enough to include. I'm still trying to figure out what the "chocolate ship" is - maybe like the chocolate bunny for Easter.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2418054

The chocolate ship is like a solid easter bunny. It is about 8 inches long and an inch or so square ish (shape of ship)

Problem was they gave us 2 on last evening.

OK perk.

Most valuable to us was priority tender passes at Grand Cayman.

this bottle of wine you get... what if you are a teetotaler or you don't like wine... they should give you the option of what you can have to drink... that would be a great pert.

We don't take the wine. We always ask for a bottle of sparkling water. The waiter always say "no" since the new menus came out late last year (because there is no way for the waiter to ring this up). We always talk with the manager who usually comps the water.

You can always ask for NON-ALCOHOLIC (referred to as alcohol removed) wine. Since we do not drink alcohol, we always do that. They have 2 white and 2 red selections.

One of them that we particularly like is called St. Regis. It is white.

We all know just how up to date the NCL website is:) heck it even states

"If you are a Latitudes Rewards member, a commemorative lapel pin is available on your sailing upon request. Just ask your Cruise Consultant Manager."

OK a commemorative lapel pin !

To muddle and confuse the issue is this the SAME ship pin that everyone

can get from the Next Cruise Consultant for simply taking a cruise -OR-

is it something really commemorative for taking many cruises to achieve

Latitudes status of Bronze-Silver-Gold-Platinum ?

OK a commemorative lapel pin !

To muddle and confuse the issue is this the SAME ship pin that everyone

can get from the Next Cruise Consultant for simply taking a cruise -OR-

is it something really commemorative for taking many cruises to achieve

Latitudes status of Bronze-Silver-Gold-Platinum ?

There were no special pins, everyone used to get one, even first time cruisers if they talked to the Next Cruise person. Now when they run out, nothing else is available. In May our two first time cruiser friends on the Gem got ship pins, but on our 10/30 cruise there were no pins for anyone, even us double platinum (more than 152 points, I just made that up)

As long as the reward system is being re-vamped, how about some free bottles of water for loyal customers, after all--it's a basic need that has been turned into a luxury aboard ship.
That might be considered a nice perk for some, but many have no issues with the ship's water, so it wouldn't mean anything to them. Maybe some drink vouchers, so that those that want water can get it and those that would rather have a soda or alcoholic drink could have those.

We take it Home. :)

Red is good for cooking ( Sez D.W. ). ;)

The chocolate ship is like a solid easter bunny. It is about 8 inches long and an inch or so square ish (shape of ship)

Problem was they gave us 2 on last evening.

OK perk.

Most valuable to us was priority tender passes at Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the info. I guess I kind of find it odd but NCL gives you the 4 Godivas so people must find chocolate a reward.

They also mention a birthday cake - so do they just give everyone a cake or only on your birthday - I'm guessing only on your birthday. Seems strange as on NCL you mention it is your birthday and you can get a cake in the restaurant.

Thanks for the info. I guess I kind of find it odd but NCL gives you the 4 Godivas so people must find chocolate a reward.

They also mention a birthday cake - so do they just give everyone a cake or only on your birthday - I'm guessing only on your birthday. Seems strange as on NCL you mention it is your birthday and you can get a cake in the restaurant.

It is on your birthday. I got off the ship 2 days prior to my birthday and I could not get one.

We always book more than 9 months in advance. After two NCL cruises, we are in the middle of the silver status. After our next, we will reach gold. I want to try other lines, but want to get to platinum.

Suggestion:

If you want to get to Platinum a bit quicker then you are doing one thing right

booking the cruise 9 months in advance. Since stepping up to a suite for the

additional points maybe not be economically feasible there is a way to get

those additional points by booking an insider offer. You should be getting

emails or other mailed material highlighting such offers. If not call NCL; your

TA or other source of booking to see if one of these can coincide with your

9 month planned booking.

Remember that there are 4 ways to get the Latitude Points

1) Just booking a cruise - 1 point per night

2) You found extra points with booking 9 months away - 1 additional point per night

3) booking a suite gets 1 additional point per night

4) and booking an insider offer (within the time limits of the offering) 1 additional point per night

Maximum of -4- points per night.

If you can consider taking a cruise longer than the usual 7 nights to get the points faster !

Suggestion:

If you want to get to Platinum a bit quicker then you are doing one thing right

booking the cruise 9 months in advance. Since stepping up to a suite for the

additional points maybe not be economically feasible there is a way to get

those additional points by booking an insider offer. You should be getting

emails or other mailed material highlighting such offers. If not call NCL; your

TA or other source of booking to see if one of these can coincide with your

9 month planned booking.

Remember that there are 4 ways to get the Latitude Points

1) Just booking a cruise - 1 point per night

2) You found extra points with booking 9 months away - 1 additional point per night

3) booking a suite gets 1 additional point per night

4) and booking an insider offer (within the time limits of the offering) 1 additional point per night

Maximum of -4- points per night.

If you can consider taking a cruise longer than the usual 7 nights to get the points faster !

Agreed.. going to get 27 points in one shot next year. We're booked on a 9 day Baltics cruise, 9 month out, and it's an Insider offer. We're 6 points from Gold now and after the cruise, we'll just be 7 points from Platinum so a 7 day cruise after that should put us over the edge.

Edited by pr0pel

That might be considered a nice perk for some, but many have no issues with the ship's water, so it wouldn't mean anything to them. Maybe some drink vouchers, so that those that want water can get it and those that would rather have a soda or alcoholic drink could have those.

NLH, not an issue for me, I have no issue with the ships water either. I have never cruised in other than an OS or the GV, so bottled water is always available for us as far as that goes, however.....for loyal cruisers, my thought was that bottled water, considering the outrageous prices, would be a reasonable accommodation for their loyal customers. Many on these boards have been upset with the new bottled water policies, and who wants to pay the prices they are advertising.

As I said, (bottled) water is a fairly basic pleasure, and shouldn't be considered an extravagance or "perk".

Interesting to note - you can not get the Platinum Latitudes benefits on your

first cruise - however after that first cruise of 19 days booked 9 months away

in a suite with an insider offer (19+19+19+19=76) you would then be enjoying

your second cruise as Platinum !

I don't think you can book an insider offer on your first cruise????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums