Eclipse Gastro Pub Craft Beers

Want2Cruise 701

Not all craft beers are covered by the premium package --- you'll need to see the price on the particular beer you are interested in to know if it falls under your package price point. There will be a menu you can consult or talk to a bartender there.

Edited by cruisestitch

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing on Eclipse in March. Do they have a Gastro pub? If so where is it? Really loved it on the Equinox last year! Thanks.

On the Eclipse this past August, it was 'shared' with the Passport Bar, deck 3 across from Guest Relations. At certain times of the day(I don't remember the times), it 'became' the Gastro Pub.

• 2 weeks later...

This was very confusing to me when I was on Eclipse this 11/27-12/11. The Passport Bar has a large beer case on the wall across from the bar, and the daily paper states it has "pub style food" available, but not once did I see any evidence of food. Nor was it ever called the Gastropub. My partner upgraded his package so he could have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but yes, there were some beers with prices way above the premium package.

Cellar Masters, which I thought was to become a pub, sat completely empty a good 95% of the time. I don't know why they don't do something with it.

They really fudged the Gastrobar idea on Eclipse. It's in the Passport Bar on Sea days with food available from 3pm. Really, who wants a main meal at 3pm, why it's not open at lunchtime I have no idea. Never saw a single person eating here. I am not a marketing expert but they have made a mess of this idea on Eclipse. Even though they have the beer coolers there isn't a price list so you cannot work out which are included in which package, or not, and have to ask. Seems like someone wanted this to fail so came up with this restrictive offering.

Sad thing is as Eclipse is U.K. based in the summer, many U.K. Cruisers would enjoy a proper Gastrobar with food, beers and sports and it would probably be busier than Cellar Masters ever is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They really fudged the Gastrobar idea on Eclipse. It's in the Passport Bar on Sea days with food available from 3pm. Really, who wants a main meal at 3pm, why it's not open at lunchtime I have no idea. Never saw a single person eating here. I am not a marketing expert but they have made a mess of this idea on Eclipse. Even though they have the beer coolers there isn't a price list so you cannot work out which are included in which package, or not, and have to ask. Seems like someone wanted this to fail so came up with this restrictive offering.

Sad thing is as Eclipse is U.K. based in the summer, many U.K. Cruisers would enjoy a proper Gastrobar with food, beers and sports and it would probably be busier than Cellar Masters ever is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree that the food part is rather odd and I do not recall seeing anyone eating.

I have always had a beer menu on the Eclipse for the beers. The most recent was January 2016. Did you ask about it? I know they had a list because I like to try some of the not so common large bottle beers over the premium limit and I would never order them without seeing the price. One of my favorites in Fuller's Vintage Ale. Celebrity does not always have every beer on the menu in stock from my experience.

I will try to remember to post a picture on the Eclipse beer menu next month.

we ate in the Gastrobar once on an Eclipse Baltic cruise

it was the day we were in Warnemunde and we got back to the ship about 10.45pm ravenous after our trip to Berlin. Rather than go for the themed German food in the buffet we went to the Gastropub

From memory it was about 9 or 10 dollars each and was ok - nothing special

• 1 month later...
Anyone tried the food offerings they have there?

Reilly:

We have enjoyed the charcuterie tray which was excellent. We have tried the duck fat fries which were also excellent.

The only issue seemed to be timing. The Gastro Pub was new when we were there so hopefully that has been worked out.

There are some beers that fall within the Classic Package price range. But if you really want to try some of the interesting offerings....you would need to Premium Package. On our most recent cruise (Eclipse in December) there were NO beers on tap. As to the Premium Package....the best advice we ever received was from a favorite bar tender on the Eclipse. He suggested that if you are not sure about paying for the Premium Package....simply wait. Once you are on the ship and ordering drinks....if you find that the Classic Package does not meet your needs...then you can simply ask the bar tender (or waiter) to upgrade you to Premium. This is done immediately and charged to your onboard account. For those who are Elite Plus (we are sure about Elite) you will likely have a coupon (waiting in your cabin) that entitles you to 10% off the beverage packages. We have been successful using this coupon when upgrading from Classic to Premium.

Hank