CC Meet n Greet, Is It Important For you to have the Princess Captain Attend?

need2cruisesoon

Probably in the minority but I usually don't attend any more - been to a few and that is enough. The only time I do go is if I particularly want to meet someone from the roll call and haven't been able to arrange to do so. I'm not a grouch, just feel I don't want to spend my cruise time in this way any more.:)

Having ship's officers, and when possible, the Captain, attend, is nice but not crucial to enjoyment of M&Gs, IMO.

I feel the primary purpose of the get-togethers is meeting up in person with roll call members that one has been communicating with, oftentimes for over a year. Putting faces and names together is fun, and it's nice to see other members around the ship in the ensuing days. Also, sometimes people firm up plans made for tours and/or additional roll call gatherings planned for later in the cruise at these meetings.

Probably in the minority but I usually don't attend any more - been to a few and that is enough. The only time I do go is if I particularly want to meet someone from the roll call and haven't been able to arrange to do so. I'm not a grouch, just feel I don't want to spend my cruise time in this way any more.:)

I feel the same way. The last one I went to was on the Emerald. It was so 'corny'... you would have thought it was St. Patrick's Day:

- there were green felt pens for writing the name tags,

- there were several people running around with flashing, green plastic bead necklaces (including men),

- there were several people dressed all in green.

I thought - these people are NUTS!

We go to all the M&Gs but have had the captain appear at only one so far. It was nice that he came but we could care less if he does not come. We much prefer the CD show up since what he does directly impacts our enjoyment of the cruise.

Having ship's officers, and when possible, the Captain, attend, is nice but not crucial to enjoyment of M&Gs, IMO.

I feel the primary purpose of the get-togethers is meeting up in person with roll call members that one has been communicating with, oftentimes for over a year. Putting faces and names together is fun, and it's nice to see other members around the ship in the ensuing days. Also, sometimes people firm up plans made for tours and/or additional roll call gatherings planned for later in the cruise at these meetings.

Exactly!

Not necessary, for sure, but a very nice touch!! We don't always attend them all either, depends on the 'crowd'...but some have been very nice....and the nicest has been when there were ship officers present. Made us feel more 'valued' to the cruise lines!!:)

need2cruisesoon (Ron), Thanks for posting the photo of the Banner. It was designed and sewed by me for my 5th Cruise Critic Meet & Greet and first used on the Sapphire Princess, 7 Days to Mexico out of LA, in 2012. CD David Cole commented it was "pretty cool". I will use it when I organize the CC Meet & Greet, not wanting to step on others toes. It does make a great CC M&G Group photo op.

tbartan (Tom), Gimer here, and sorry it's one of a kind, like my book markers I give out.

In all honesty, no! It takes away time from the real reason for this ...meeting those that you have spoken to on cruise critic. Been to some meet and greets that have captain, and other officers and it was boring. Had no time to socialize with those in the room. Went to one that was very good with the cruise director introducing himself and then asking everyone to go around the room introducing themselves with names and cc names. This made it very easy to find "friends" and get to meet up with them.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

In all honesty, no! It takes away time from the real reason for this ...meeting those that you have spoken to on cruise critic. Been to some meet and greets that have captain, and other officers and it was boring. Had no time to socialize with those in the room. Went to one that was very good with the cruise director introducing himself and then asking everyone to go around the room introducing themselves with names and cc names. This made it very easy to find "friends" and get to meet up with them.

Maybe, maybe not. We have been to one where the M&G moderator kept charge of the meeting and was able to have the officers in and talk and then had everyone do introductions. Worked well and she planned plenty of time to socialize after the introductions. More often than not in other instances the officers are introduced and afterwards everyone is left to their own devices to try to get to know who is who in a very short period of time. Usually the only people who talk much are those who already know each other. Sort of defeats the purpose of the whole M&G experience.

(Hi cam, hope you and Dr. A are doing well! :) )

Edited by ar1950

I always feel sorry for the crew that is "encouraged" to attend these functions. Like their schedule is not already over the top. Then top it off with the litany of the cringe worthy questions from the guests. I agree that the time is better spent meeting your fellow cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums