Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Tall cruiser... I think you are correct it is likely one of those two cabins. I think any cabin between that section (which juts out some) and the MC... would have views really impacted by both the MC and to a lesser degree that other section that sticks out. It will be interesting to see how passengers react to those cabins.... the view, the MC activity, noise associated with music, wind buffeting the MC and perhaps noise associated with the MC mechanism. I know some people who requested a guaranteed C cabin... ended up with one of these immediately next to the MC. So they paid a premium vs a E4 cabin.. and end up with a minimal view... now it may be great if you like activity, people watching etc... but if you prefer the solitude of a normal ocean veranda... may not be so nice. But there may be more that like the activity than those that prefer quiet... but we will see. I wonder if they can see the bridge from that cabin... I also like to watch the bridge when we come into port.. to me that is not an obstructed view. Thanks for the info by the way

2 hours ago, kearney said:

Tall cruiser... I think you are correct it is likely one of those two cabins. I think any cabin between that section (which juts out some) and the MC... would have views really impacted by both the MC and to a lesser degree that other section that sticks out. It will be interesting to see how passengers react to those cabins.... the view, the MC activity, noise associated with music, wind buffeting the MC and perhaps noise associated with the MC mechanism. I know some people who requested a guaranteed C cabin... ended up with one of these immediately next to the MC. So they paid a premium vs a E4 cabin.. and end up with a minimal view... now it may be great if you like activity, people watching etc... but if you prefer the solitude of a normal ocean veranda... may not be so nice. But there may be more that like the activity than those that prefer quiet... but we will see. I wonder if they can see the bridge from that cabin... I also like to watch the bridge when we come into port.. to me that is not an obstructed view. Thanks for the info by the way

Kearney - You are correct about the obstruction for some of those cabins especially those that are very next to the S3s, The views depending on which side of the MC they are on will either be just forward view or an aft view. Also I don't think any of the cabins aft of the MC will be able to see the Bridge. If you look at the photo I posted earlier (reposting again) whereby Rachel (Third Officer of Edge) is operating the MC from the Bridge, you cannot see any of the cabins behind the MC. At least from the angle the photo was taken you cannot see those cabins.

image.jpeg

Wow!  I bet VT is having apoplexy - she is there and Edge is out in the middle of the basin again, modeling for her!  Enjoy, Marilyn!  That's just for you!

Actually, she is shifting/repositioning to T18 until 10:22 tonight, when she will shift back to T25, so VT will be able to find her tomorrow.  :classic_tongue::classic_laugh::classic_wink:

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kearney said:

I will let you know...I get on the Edge on Tues and am 3 cabins away from the MC....I do believe that the view will be impacted to some degree...but for 2 days I think I can deal with it...however I think this ship is going to have to be carefully booked.

2 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I will let you know...I get on the Edge on Tues and am 3 cabins away from the MC....I do believe that the view will be impacted to some degree...but for 2 days I think I can deal with it...however I think this ship is going to have to be carefully booked.

I agree...have been saying that for awhile.  Lots of cut outs, indents,  overhangs, poles etc  

Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

They may have to take another look at their cabin classification. I think a guaranteed C reservation.... would likely get you next to the MC.... is it worth paying extra... when you could have an E4 looking over the top of a lifeboat ... but a clear view forward and aft. Perhaps cabins on either side... I would go out at least 4.... should be grouped together as a category just below E4... just my initial impression. We have had a D2 on S class.... the only problem was the photo we took of the cabin from the door.... you could see the lifeboat... but it did not really impact our view.  Take photos of the view.... do you look into the corner suites of the MC? Is the MC noisy or is it disruptive?

14 minutes ago, kearney said:

They may have to take another look at their cabin classification. I think a guaranteed C reservation.... would likely get you next to the MC.... is it worth paying extra... when you could have an E4 looking over the top of a lifeboat ... but a clear view forward and aft. Perhaps cabins on either side... I would go out at least 4.... should be grouped together as a category just below E4... just my initial impression. We have had a D2 on S class.... the only problem was the photo we took of the cabin from the door.... you could see the lifeboat... but it did not really impact our view.  Take photos of the view.... do you look into the corner suites of the MC? Is the MC noisy or is it disruptive?

Will do;)

A great video was posted this morning from a woman who was on the very first Edge sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale this past week. It’s our first real look at a lot of the spaces onboard. Ship looks very nice! Looking forward to boarding two weeks from today!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks  Wonderman for posting  this amazing video...lots of detailed views of the spa, enclosed veranda staterooms,  solariuim,  gym, suite retreat, and more.

Hope you have a great cruise.    Can't wait for our turn in January.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 3:04 AM, vtcruising said:

I predict this will be the photo op place on the ship (similar to many of us doing the Titanic pose in the bow many years ago):

image.png.76ab1fef5efbbe279682fb1e9a9a4a02.png

Another view of the butterfly, a rainbow and some graffiti

image.thumb.png.2bfe526e02535e4d99f88bdc14c9154d.png

Can't wait to hang out there!

image.png.31c4e81c7a78925bfda48a1c333dee6d.png

Pics 1 and 3 = fab 😉

the second one is also fine but can't beat those two.

I am wired to the extreme to see the real pics from the cruisecritic forum boarding the Edge....

Edited by marylander2

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

Videos by Scott Clifton from FB group.

Thanks Lloyd...these are great!

Tender seats look comfy..no more squeezing in on a bench seat!

Shows Magic Carpet in action up close...glad we are on the other side of the ship but folks close up will get to see it in action and hear the music too,

1 minute ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

sorry, kinda don't get it, but I just don't like how it looks at all. they could have chosen something tasteful in such a visible area.  think it's busy, tacky, and unattractive.

Ok, I agree 100%.  I call it "jove" because that is what it looks like in the script lettering they used.  I know it is supposed to be "love" but the L makes it look more like a J, hence "jove."

Just now, beachbunny6 said:

Ok, I agree 100%.  I call it "jove" because that is what it looks like in the script lettering they used.  I know it is supposed to be "love" but the L makes it look more like a J, hence "jove."

ah, you beat me to it lol, yes, I agree. it's SO out of place and i'd prefer not to look at it. I don't get it at all. I am hoping I won't find the retreat too crowded, but if I do I was planning on finding a spot outside of the area but close by. hopefully that's just at the aft of the ship and I can avoid going by it lol. probably the number one thing I dislike about the ship that I have seen. then the edenists, I just think that concept is strange. I like the space but not the people walking around. way too out there.