Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Interesting bit of info. It seems that the sailing that left on the 21st and returned today featured more than just crew and corporate staff as we were led to believe. It sounds like there were some invited guests also, apparently connected to the travel industry or media. They have been given a moratorium on posting any photos or videos from their time on the ship until Sunday the 25th. (Of course we see that a few people have been violating that based on the photos on Instagram the past couple of days). This video from YouTube is from one of these people who was onboard.

Wonderman - Good find and thanks for sharing that video. Interesting that they asked them not to post pictures but as you noted some are still posting. Wonder if that also applies to crew. I think everyone is overly exited about the ship and just want to share something and how exited they are to be on Celebrity Edge.  

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We will be in a Tower Water View room at the Hilton Marina and supposedly will have a view of the port. I am hoping that because of the way she is lit up at night and the MC will make her easier to see. We are bring good binocs. If I can see her, I will probably be up all night tomorrow just staring at her out the window. 😉

Great minds... 😉  We will be in the same accommodations at the Hilton before the Dec. 9 Inaugural. Hope you have wonderful time. 😊

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Great minds... 😉  We will be in the same accommodations at the Hilton before the Dec. 9 Inaugural. Hope you have wonderful time. 😊

Thanks! I'll post a picture of my view, if I have one. I'll probably be overlooking some dumpsters... 🙂

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Look what's in the store onboard! My DH just shook his head - I'm sure he was picturing it on the mantle.... I think I need another suitcase....

image.png.0ed6076487d88869886e0e60bc82c9bb.png

VTCruising Thanks you for this photo. Please save just one for me for our February cruise. .

Please enjoy your cruise and take plenty of pictures..  Thanks you very much.

Edited by cruise47

6 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

VTCruising Thanks you for this photo. Please save just one for me for our February cruise. .

Please enjoy your cruise and take plenty of pictures..  Thanks you very much.

My suitcase weighed 48.5 lbs- I hope they weigh less than 1.5 lbs! 😀

8 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

For those who booked a S3 suite by the MC, a peak through the side windows reveals the seating on the balcony with a small coffee table.  

image.png

I wonder what cabin number that photo was taken from... how my cabins forward of the MC. That section sticks out further than my estimate of 8-10 ft. and it does not stick straight out... but fans out... what another 3 ft or so.. that really will impact view on the cabins next to it. I would rather an E4 on deck 6 overlooking lifeboat davit than higher priced C class cabin on a higher deck next to the MC. At least on the E4 you can see fully left and right with the only obstruction down

10 minutes ago, kearney said:

I wonder what cabin number that photo was taken from... how my cabins forward of the MC. That section sticks out further than my estimate of 8-10 ft. and it does not stick straight out... but fans out... what another 3 ft or so.. that really will impact view on the cabins next to it. I would rather an E4 on deck 6 overlooking lifeboat davit than higher priced C class cabin on a higher deck next to the MC. At least on the E4 you can see fully left and right with the only obstruction down

I agree.  And, if I did have that S3 on either end next to the MC support wall, as opposed to a center MC one, I would not be happy that everyone above and at an angle relatively close could see most everything on my balcony through that window.  Conversely, those in the S3's could see in to every closely located balcony that is either fore or aft of the supports.  There is absolutely NO privacy there.  It would be ok for a short trip, but a 7-14 day voyage, no way, because I would want to spend more time out on my "private" balcony, which isn't really "private" at all.  A place where magnets and curtains would really be helpful, for sure.  

Edited by beachbunny6

I would not like that veranda, but I do not think that hanging a curtain on the outside veranda would be a good idea, or allowed. :classic_biggrin:

Hey, I took another look at the IV that was posted a few pages back and realize that the coffee table has been eliminated.  That's a good thing unless you want to have breakfast in the stateroom without using the enclosed veranda with tiny cocktail table. :classic_rolleyes:

And for a footstool, I believe I will bring a travel footstool, that I purchased years ago for the airplane.  Never use it anymore.

Edited by Iamthesea

49 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I would not like that veranda, but I do not think that hanging a curtain on the outside veranda would be a good idea, or allowed. :classic_biggrin:

Hey, I took another look at the IV that was posted a few pages back and realize that the coffee table has been eliminated.  That's a good thing unless you want to have breakfast in the stateroom without using the enclosed veranda with tiny cocktail table. :classic_rolleyes:

And for a footstool, I believe I will bring a travel footstool, that I purchased years ago for the airplane.  Never use it anymore.

I agree the veranda is to make a small cabin look big, nothing but a marketing tool. For said reason I going on an S2 and it’s all made so we can paid more. But give them a fo effort. I don’t like the fact that handicap cabin or the sky suite are only for two. So we were able to change because we were 3 and now two.

but I am happy and looking for this for 5 years. It will be a great and I luv jihh end stuff.

Thanks jc or getty123

2 hours ago, kearney said:

Since the original photo was taken by the same crew member who took the first photo we saw of a Sky Suite (and assuming they were staying in that suite, due to the fact that they are an officer), I would guess one of two cabins was the place the phot was taken from. I think it could be either 11196 or 10200. The SS posted earlier does not have a pole on the balcony either. If not those two, it's another without a pole.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
Add photo