Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

14 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

That's a different app, if you're talking about the Edge VR one. The new covers the entire ship. If you're using an android phone you can install it from the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.royalcaribbean.araudiotour

Thanks for the info.  I have an iPhone, and will try to find it in the App Store.

I think the problem is that the other images are not loading..... I assume it is either a storage issue on my phone or internet speed or something else... I see other areas of the ship ...but just continuously trying to download

1 hour ago, kearney said:

There will be no curtains on IV cabins... they have black out blinds that are raised and lowered with the push of a button. I know there is a button near the window... but I suspect... though don't know for sure... that there will be one by the bed as well. I think the curtain is in a track to minimize light on the sides...  there have been a number of concerns about the chairs. 

Thanks.  Perhaps the person that posted the photo of their IV will also post one when the blinds are down.

The veranda is a disappointment if we cannot relax out there.  DH and I like to read, and nap.  And with the seemingly lack of lounge chairs up on deck, having a comfortable balcony chair is even more important.  After all, that's why we pay extra for a veranda stateroom!

1 hour ago, [g]cruiserke said:

That's a different app, if you're talking about the Edge VR one. The new covers the entire ship. If you're using an android phone you can install it from the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.royalcaribbean.araudiotour

Thanks for the link.,,unfortunately I found out the long way around that this  app just like the other one,  is not compatible with my Android  tablet...which is only a few years old.

I never use my google acct so I  had to figure out my acct name, log in and password.,.....but then got the bad news!  But I did discover a series of e mails ,..all ads and dozens of  u tube notfications for children's channels I subscribed to long ago..So at least I was able to clear out alot of junk I never knew I had...

Not going to try to do it on my phone...I decided to reserve that for communication,,.e mail, phone, photos,  and texting,  

Wish I could participate but Celebrity apps are geared to those who have the latest devices.,,let's out alot of us!

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Thanks.  Perhaps the person that posted the photo of their IV will also post one when the blinds are down.

The veranda is a disappointment if we cannot relax out there.  DH and I like to read, and nap.  And with the seemingly lack of lounge chairs up on deck, having a comfortable balcony chair is even more important.  After all, that's why we pay extra for a veranda stateroom!

The enclosed veranda furniture does not look nap friendly!

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Where are you picking up your boat tour?  We have looked at booking the December 1st, Carrie B Christmas tour, that starts in Las Olas - across from the Riverview Inn Hotel.  The tour is more expensive than a regular water taxi and is goes past the larger homes...all decorated with lights.  However, we will be staying overnight near Port Everglades, and having dinner at our favorite seafood place - Southport Raw Bar.  It's near the hotel.  So if we eat at SRB, we would have to take a street taxi over to Los Olas in time to get on the 8:00pm tour.  We were wondering, instead, if we took the normal nightly Water Taxi (from under the bridge, near the Hilton) if that tour also takes us past some of the larger homes that would be decorated for Christmas.  We have taken the water taxi from that particular stop, during the summer, and it has gone by some homes.  Perhaps someone that lives nearby can give us some help. 😉

We are departing from: 440 N. New River Drive East/SE 5th Ave & Las Olas Blvd. The Christmas tour sounds nice - I'm unsure if the water taxi would have a similar route.   Maybe someone else here will know. We have 2 nights between cruises - maybe we'll check out the Christmas lights tour. :classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We are departing from: 440 N. New River Drive East/SE 5th Ave & Las Olas Blvd. The Christmas tour sounds nice - I'm unsure if the water taxi would have a similar route.   Maybe someone else here will know. We have 2 nights between cruises - maybe we'll check out the Christmas lights tour. :classic_smile:

There's a great website for the Water Taxi Tour Company  & possibly a phone number for inquiries.

Christmas light tours are a big thing down here! We have not done any on the East coast so do not have a specific answer.... maybe dinner could be closer to the  Carrie B lights tour..many nice restaurants in or around Las Olas...

I predict this will be the photo op place on the ship (similar to many of us doing the Titanic pose in the bow many years ago):

image.png.76ab1fef5efbbe279682fb1e9a9a4a02.png

Another view of the butterfly, a rainbow and some graffiti

image.thumb.png.2bfe526e02535e4d99f88bdc14c9154d.png

Can't wait to hang out there!

image.png.31c4e81c7a78925bfda48a1c333dee6d.png

Edited by vtcruising

Hi Dear EDGE Lovers, I just caught another glimpse of our baby docked at Port Everglades.  Driving into Fort Lauderdale on 595 East and then from the ramp onto Rt 1 north. Celebrity was very smart to display the name of the ship at the top, makes it so easy to see from a distance. Also saw the orange arch for the Magic Carpet. To be honest, I haven’t been visiting this thread much since Tuesday since pictures are starting to be posted of the interior and I want to be as surprised as possible when boarding in less than two weeks.  I am scrolling thru quickly and trying not to stop at new pictures.  Thank you to everyone who has posted here and maybe I’ll meet some of you on the December 6th & 9th sailings. Mark

That butterfly will be the perfect spot for me to take the traditional silly photo of my DH.  :classic_biggrin:   I always pick something out for him to pose with or on when we travel.  Thanks for the idea!!!

20 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

There's a great website for the Water Taxi Tour Company  & possibly a phone number for inquiries.

Christmas light tours are a big thing down here! We have not done any on the East coast so do not have a specific answer.... maybe dinner could be closer to the  Carrie B lights tour..many nice restaurants in or around Las Olas...

I am familiar with the website, and we have taken the water taxi many times from the 17th bridge, so I know that it does go by some of the homes (Although, we may have made a connection at Las Olas.)   That's why I was curious which departure point that vtcruising was leaving from...since it's the Carrie B.  I am unsure if taking the Carrie B is the only way to see the lights during the holiday season.  It's really not clear on the website if they will still have WT rides from the 17th bridge for evening tours.

We are only staying over one night, or would take your suggestion and eat at The Cheesecake Factory before heading across the street to the Las Olas pick-up dock.  But we love the clam chowder, at the Southport Raw Bar, too much to skip it. 😉

29 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Hi Dear EDGE Lovers, I just caught another glimpse of our baby docked at Port Everglades.  Driving into Fort Lauderdale on 595 East and then from the ramp onto Rt 1 north. Celebrity was very smart to display the name of the ship at the top, makes it so easy to see from a distance. Also saw the orange arch for the Magic Carpet. To be honest, I haven’t been visiting this thread much since Tuesday since pictures are starting to be posted of the interior and I want to be as surprised as possible when boarding in less than two weeks.  I am scrolling thru quickly and trying not to stop at new pictures.  Thank you to everyone who has posted here and maybe I’ll meet some of you on the December 6th & 9th sailings. Mark

Wow..that's the route we will be taking to the port..I think.  Hope we get the early view..That will be exciting!

Love the butterfly photos....hope to do the same..hope I will be tall enough to fit into the shot as perfectly...The other one with rainbow is awesome

Edited by hcat

We will be in a Tower Water View room at the Hilton Marina and supposedly will have a view of the port. I am hoping that because of the way she is lit up at night and the MC will make her easier to see. We are bring good binocs. If I can see her, I will probably be up all night tomorrow just staring at her out the window. 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We will be in a Tower Water View room at the Hilton Marina and supposedly will have a view of the port. I am hoping that because of the way she is lit up at night and the MC will make her easier to see. We are bring good binocs. If I can see her, I will probably be up all night tomorrow just staring at her out the window. 😉

Have a safe uneventful flight Marilyn.

I hope you have a wonderful Edge experience full of nice surprises.

Peter

3 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Thanks for the info.  I have an iPhone, and will try to find it in the App Store.

Update:  Got the current app.  However, it will not work unless you allow the camera to do location services.  I cannot see why it needs to work here in my office to see Edge's VR tour.  Once I get on board, then I will allow the camera.  Hope it works then!

49 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Safe travels....hope you have  wonderful cruise!

Hope everything  EDGE is as amazing as it looks and more!

Btw....Pier 66 has great views...not sure if they still have a brunch .

Edited by hcat

34 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Update:  Got the current app.  However, it will not work unless you allow the camera to do location services.  I cannot see why it needs to work here in my office to see Edge's VR tour.  Once I get on board, then I will allow the camera.  Hope it works then!

Yes it’s an all aqua or green background with a large white X

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

We also booked a jr. suite with side balcony in the tower, but i know the hotel has really gone down; however,  I too wanted the view of the ship and water.  It is what it is.  At least the deal I recceived was really good.  Please give a shout out on how you found those tower high floor rooms, if you do not mind sharing...thanks, VT!  Oh what we do to get a great view of Edge!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Getty123 said:

Yes great views and location, but the hotel is not what it used to be. It ok.

it is sad that they chose not to keep it up, but the tower bathrooms and such I believe were updated two years ago...anyway, I just did a little bartering for an upgraded room...still so sad about the overall condition!

Edited by Lastdance

22 minutes ago, Getty123 said:

Yes great views and location, but the hotel is not what it used to be. It ok.

Yes, read reviews and thought it through. Pier 66 didn't have what we wanted. We like 15th St Fisheries next door and being on water taxi line. We will survive. 🙂  

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

Safe travels....hope you have  wonderful cruise!

Hope everything  EDGE is as amazing as it looks and more!

Btw....Pier 66 has great views...not sure if they still have a brunch .

Thanks! Will see if everything is as wonderful as it looks! 😍

Edited by vtcruising