Recent Royal Princess Experiences in Sabatinis and Crown Grill

barbels

Shredie, I think this was a question from a future passenger asking our opinion on specialty dining onboard the Royal. No need for such remarks from you.

Barbels, I have eaten frequently at Crown Grille onboard different Princess ships. In my opinion, it has always been worth the extra charge. Sabatinis has revised their menu and I do not eat at this dining room. I have enjoyed it few years ago but can longer recommend. I will be onboard Royal over Christmas and will let you know what I hear from other passengers. I'm certain we will eat at Crown Grille at least once.

Hope this helps u. Enjoy your cruise

I have been reading conflicting opinions about these two restaurants. We will be on the December 30 cruise and I am wondering whether either of these is worth the money.

You're going to get many conflicting opinions again. It's just the way opinions go.

We'll be onboard Royal for Christmas and New Year's and will be eating at Crown Grill at least twice and probably three times. We've enjoyed it on every Princess ship we've been on, including Regal and Royal in the past. We particularly like the set-up on Royal class ships with the Wheelhouse sort of attached - we like the music and such while dining... Worth every penny to us.

We will not be eating at Sabatini's at all as we simply don't enjoy the menu. So, not worth it there for us at all.

So - good luck. Lol. Try then for yourself if you're interested. Whether it's worth it to you - only you know....

I have been reading conflicting opinions about these two restaurants. We will be on the December 30 cruise and I am wondering whether either of these is worth the money.

We have eaten at both and we much prefer the Crown Grill. We will eat there several times on every cruise. The only Princess specialty restaurant we have enjoyed more than the Crown Grill was the Bayou Cafe on the Coral Princess. It is basically a Crown Grill with some additional Cajun items on the menu.

Just ate at the Crown Grill on the Ruby last month. The filet was superb, tender aged beef of high quality and grilled perfectly. Although its not listed specifically on the menu, we always 'add' a lobster (it will be grilled, not steamed) to our steak selection, no extra charge. We reserve a dinner once a week at the CG, always enjoyable and well worth the extra charge. But Sabatinis is a different story. Billed as Italian, it is not traditional enough for my old fashioned taste. We have found the selections on 'Italian Nite' in the MDR to be far more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

More conflicting opinions.

We're not that thrilled with the Crown Grill.

We are thrilled with Sabatini's. We will dine there at least twice. But, you should be aware that Sabatini's is not your typical italian restaurant. If you're looking for something similar to Olive Garden, it won't work for you. There is a significant amount of seafood.

We love the Crown Grill. My wife, born to Italian immigrants in Chicago, doesn't care for Sabatini''s. (She doesn't care for the pasta at Olive Garden, either. I'm just saying'.)

Thanks for the tip on asking for lobster at the CG.

Edited by HappyCruiserettu
typos

Shredie, I think this was a question from a future passenger asking our opinion on specialty dining onboard the Royal. No need for such remarks from you.

Barbels, I have eaten frequently at Crown Grille onboard different Princess ships. In my opinion, it has always been worth the extra charge. Sabatinis has revised their menu and I do not eat at this dining room. I have enjoyed it few years ago but can longer recommend. I will be onboard Royal over Christmas and will let you know what I hear from other passengers. I'm certain we will eat at Crown Grille at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I should refrain from telling the truth? The truth is OP will get conflicting opinions in this thread, too. He will have to make up his own mind about whether it's worth it or not. I guess he could just ignore all the other replies in this thread and go with yours if you are the final authority on worth.

So I should refrain from telling the truth? The truth is OP will get conflicting opinions in this thread, too. He will have to make up his own mind about whether it's worth it or not. I guess he could just ignore all the other replies in this thread and go with yours if you are the final authority on worth.

I think maybe the comment was intended to point out that the OP wanted opinions about the dining experience in those two restaurants, not an opinion of their question. Just because opinions may conflict, doesn't mean OP can't get a clearer idea of what to try if more opinions are offered.

I think maybe the comment was intended to point out that the OP wanted opinions about the dining experience in those two restaurants, not an opinion of their question. Just because opinions may conflict, doesn't mean OP can't get a clearer idea of what to try if more opinions are offered.

Thanks for the sermon.

I actually found the replies very helpful. Thank you all. We will definitely book the Crown Grill and probably the Winemakers dinner. Hopefully we will have a positive experience.

And by the way I'm a she.

Barbara

I have had 78 princess cruises andi like rhe cg and Sabatini's .oth of them can be either excellent or so so .still better than the dinig room and worth the cost. on longer ta's we have eaten in the crownngrill severall times and once it's excellent and then mediocre. no constinsy. still worth the try

My wife prefers Sabitini, she is Italian, fact is, an Italian citizen. She doesn't like beef so would rather have the Seafood. Me I want 1 good Ribeye. Still searching Restaurants as I raise beef and you cant buy it like mine.

Edited by WupperAV

My wife prefers Sabitini, she is Italian, fact is, an Italian citizen. She doesn't like beef so would rather have the Seafood. Me I want 1 good Ribeye. Still searching Restaurants as I raise beef and you cant buy it like mine.

WupperAV,

I like Sabatini's my self. I am willing to try your raise beef is Tuesday OK for dinner around 6 p.m. :) :)

Tony

I, too, like Sabatini's.

I always have wonderful service, there.

There are some unique menu items, which I enjoy. The twice baked artichoke souffle is fantastic!

The seafood pasta is wonderful!

The espresso creme brulee is my favorite dessert:)

I have dined at Sabatini's on the Star, Golden, Sapphire, Diamond, Grand, and on the Emerald, before Share.

Always great!