First time ever on a cruise - can't wait!

Ninafirstcruiser

Hello, just joined this forum as I and my man are gonna go cruising on ALLURE OF THE SEAS in Febr 12th 2017.

It's our first time ever on a big ship cruising for one week.

I am reading all the threads re the Allure and found it most helpful and loads of useful tips :)

As the ship leaves at 4.30 pm when is the best time to be at the port, meaning less people and standing in line?

well, more thoughts and questions will certainly pop up, I'm sure :o

Thx for now,

Nina

Nina,

As to what time to board - the hotels in the area have a checkout time of 11am and I'm sure you have found many hotels include breakfast with your stay. So sleep in until 8 or 9, get ready, go have breakfast and checkout of your hotel and head on over to the port around 11:00. Most ships start boarding around 11 - 11:30. Have a great cruise. Allure is an amazing ship and you should have a wonderful cruise!

No need to get there too early, all those checking in before 10:30 are sent upstairs in the terminal where 2000+ are waiting to board, once boarding begins suites, diamonds, gold ,platinum members are let on in order. Get there at 12 or later and you have no lines or waits. Skip Windjammer for lunch and head to central park café for lunch without lines.. Hopefully you have made all your show reservations in advance.. happy cruising

Arrive around 10:30.

We boarded at 11:10 and had a good amount of time to check out the ship. :)

If you did not get your shows reserved head to Entertainment Place as soon as you board. They hold back reservations and you should have no problem getting the shows you want.

You will love the Allure!

Edited by janetz

Hello, just joined this forum as I and my man are gonna go cruising on ALLURE OF THE SEAS in Febr 12th 2017.

I am reading all the threads re the Allure and found it most helpful and loads of useful tips :)

As the ship leaves at 4.30 pm when is the best time to be at the port, meaning less people and standing in line?

Thx for now,

Nina

Welcome to CC. So excited for you to enjoy your first cruise. I am sure you are going to love it and be hooked. Most people arrive between 11 and noon. If you are leaving from Miami, the port is great and we have never had to wait long to board there. Have a terrific cruise and don't forget to pack your swimsuit and hat in your carry on so you can enjoy the pool while you are waiting for your bags to arrive. You usually don't get into your room until after 1:30. We usually grab lunch, head to a pool or hot tub and relax until our room is ready. Have a great trip.

Arrive around 10:30.

We boarded at 11:10 and had a good amount of time to check out the ship. :)

If you did not get your shows reserved head to Entertainment Place as soon as you board. They hold back reservations and you should have no problem getting the shows you want.

You will love the Allure!

Agree - good advice!

Welcome to CC. So excited for you to enjoy your first cruise. I am sure you are going to love it and be hooked. Most people arrive between 11 and noon. If you are leaving from Miami, the port is great and we have never had to wait long to board there. Have a terrific cruise and don't forget to pack your swimsuit and hat in your carry on so you can enjoy the pool while you are waiting for your bags to arrive. You usually don't get into your room until after 1:30. We usually grab lunch, head to a pool or hot tub and relax until our room is ready. Have a great trip.

Thx alot for your good advise! Will pack some good things to have in the handluggage :)

Nina,

As to what time to board - the hotels in the area have a checkout time of 11am and I'm sure you have found many hotels include breakfast with your stay. So sleep in until 8 or 9, get ready, go have breakfast and checkout of your hotel and head on over to the port around 11:00. Most ships start boarding around 11 - 11:30. Have a great cruise. Allure is an amazing ship and you should have a wonderful cruise!

Sounds like a good plan :D

Really are excited to board the ship!

Thx for now,

Nina

Welcome to cruise critic, how exciting for you, it will be awesome on the Allure. They often give you a boarding time on your paperwork but as others have said, boarding normally starts around 11-11.30am.:D

Thx for now,

Nina

However, don't let the crowds deter you from enjoying your cruise. My wife and I had never sailed on Mega-sized ship, till we did the Oasis OTS in 2014 (the largest till that time was the Navigator OTS which we sailed twice once in 2009 then again in 2010) and we though THAT ship was BIG !! The Allure will have well over five THOUSAND guest, so just look at it as a couple thousand 'new' friends you have the pleasure to meet for the first time. The Lido deck buffet can really be crazy, for all three meals, what with 2-3 thousand folks all determined to eat like it's their 'last meal' of the day. So, just ignore some rudeness, take your time, ENJOY your cruise, and as others above have said so well, hopefully you'll be HOOKED!!

Mac

Royal Caribbean is getting better at keeping the lines reasonable, so I don't that is much the concern as it used to be. But, since this is your first cruise, I think you should get on board as early as possible (around 11:00) because the adventure of just exploring the ship is a wonderful experience in of itself. Just driving up to the ship for the first time raises your euphoria to a level you will never forget.

It's all new and wonderful. Have a great time.

Burt

Royal Caribbean is getting better at keeping the lines reasonable, so I don't that is much the concern as it used to be. But, since this is your first cruise, I think you should get on board as early as possible (around 11:00) because the adventure of just exploring the ship is a wonderful experience in of itself. Just driving up to the ship for the first time raises your euphoria to a level you will never forget.

Burt

As I've said in many posts. To actually see that BIG white decked MOUNTAIN, just sitting there is totally breath taking. To hear the 'ding' as you come aboard at the security kiosk, oh my goodness !!! Have a wonderful cruise !!

Burt

I really am so excited to go NOOOOWWWWWW :D