Royal Caribbean Aggressive Customer Service

Markbr69

I've recently had to complain to Royal Caribbean (RCI) about a cruise I recently took on Voyager. It was just a real bad one and there were a lot of very upset passengers. I first made my complaints known on board and nothing was done, I just got apologies and cruise vouchers. When I got back home RCI confirmed the vouchers but I wouldn't want to travel with RCI again because their cruises are like a 2 star hotel in Blackpool on a stag weekend, so the vouchers are worthless to me.

I wrote a detailed letter pointing out my complaints which ranged from cold and horrible food, poor service, 5 hours of queues to get on and off the ship at every tendered stop, constant lies from on board customer services, lost cases, dirty room and balcony, terrible entertainment and to top it all off they ran out of most wine and beer after day 5 of a 14 day cruise because "the guests were drinking too much" and never recovered.

When I came to leave I found I'd been grossly overcharged and that my credit card had been used to pay the bill before I'd even seen or agreed to it.

Anyway, back to the subject, RCI has simply stuck its finger up at me and told me to get lost in no uncertain terms, is this normal from them?

I'm now having to go through an ABTA arbitration to get them to see sense.

This just seems an odd way to do business. I've travelled with RCI before and they were fine but the general consensus from fellow guests is that RCI is reducing its standards to attract a different market. I didn't speak to anybody on Voyager who would sail with RCI again.

The cruise was hideous and the company are unpleasant to deal with, nice mix......

Does not sound typical experience of RC although their customers services are not usually that great....many of your complaints do sound a little exaggerated perhaps e.g. no beer & 5 hours to get off a ship.

Obviously if all complaints are genuine ABTA will take the matter up..assuming this is genuine let us know how you get on

Never sailed on Voyager, but I have sailed with RCL on 11 other occasions, and I have never read such a negative review !

a 2 star hotel in Blackpool on a stag weekend !!!! never

5 hour queues to get on and off ???..... I don't think the ships are in port long enough for a queue that length

dirty room and balcony........ you should have complained to housekeeping

you say this cruise was a ''real bad one''.....in what way ?

you also say there were ''loads'' of upset passengers, yet no-one else has come here to complain ?

oh and welcome to Cruise Critic

I'm in favor of voicing out complaints. It's the only way that things will be addressed and corrected. However when I read things like "5 hour queues" it makes me question how objective some complaints are.

To the OP: if you want results, I respectfully recommend that you remain objective and stick to the actual facts. Otherwise, those employees in customer service reading your letter won't be as likely to assist you if they perceive that your complaints aren't legitimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you complain about EVERYTHING, you get dismissed as a whiner.

Stick with one or two issues in the future and you're more likely to get some attention or at least not get written off as a whacko.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To the Op, what is your expectation from arbitration. They provided you with vouchers, so I'm guessing you want "CASH".

Also, as others have said 5 hours to disembark--May I ask which ports?

They provided you with vouchers, so I'm guessing you want "CASH".

Also, as others have said 5 hours to disembark--May I ask which ports?

That would be my guess as well. We once received a future cruise discount from a serious occurrence and we more than happy with how we were treated. Perhaps the OP does have legit issues, thus the vouchers they received, but with the way he describes his situation it makes me question the fully validity.

I've recently had to complain to Royal Caribbean (RCI) about a cruise I recently took on Voyager. It was just a real bad one and there were a lot of very upset passengers. I first made my complaints known on board and nothing was done, I just got apologies and cruise vouchers. When I got back home RCI confirmed the vouchers but I wouldn't want to travel with RCI again because their cruises are like a 2 star hotel in Blackpool on a stag weekend, so the vouchers are worthless to me.

I wrote a detailed letter pointing out my complaints which ranged from cold and horrible food, poor service, 5 hours of queues to get on and off the ship at every tendered stop, constant lies from on board customer services, lost cases, dirty room and balcony, terrible entertainment and to top it all off they ran out of most wine and beer after day 5 of a 14 day cruise because "the guests were drinking too much" and never recovered.

When I came to leave I found I'd been grossly overcharged and that my credit card had been used to pay the bill before I'd even seen or agreed to it.

Anyway, back to the subject, RCI has simply stuck its finger up at me and told me to get lost in no uncertain terms, is this normal from them?

This just seems an odd way to do business. I've travelled with RCI before and they were fine but the general consensus from fellow guests is that RCI is reducing its standards to attract a different market. I didn't speak to anybody on Voyager who would sail with RCI again.

The cruise was hideous and the company are unpleasant to deal with, nice mix......

Couple of things just don't track for me. First, "grossly overcharged" HOW? Did they charge you for things you did not purchase? or did you just think that the drinks were more expensive than they should have been? You get a statement on the last night of the cruise (you can also check charges on the television). All you would need to do is go to guest services and clear it up before leaving the ship. Second, FIVE hours to get of the ship? Don't see how this is possible? Granted, I have been on a cruise where the tender took about 45 minutes from loading, sailing to the pier and unloading, but FIVE hours?

There can be occasions when it takes hours to get off whilst tendering. This happened to us at Kotor. Tendering started then they had to keep stopping and restarting as there was a swell and it became unsafe and as always passenger safety is paramount.

... their cruises are like a 2 star hotel in Blackpool on a stag weekend ...

Not been on any stag does in Blackpool recently but then again I'm female - I have however, been to several hen nights and I cannot begin to understand how you can compare a Royal Caribbean cruise to a 2 star in Blackpool. Wow it must have been a really BAD cruise! And can I just say Blackpool rocks :)

There can be occasions when it takes hours to get off whilst tendering. This happened to us at Kotor. Tendering started then they had to keep stopping and restarting as there was a swell and it became unsafe and as always passenger safety is paramount.

It can but it does not take 5 hours at every port

Word of advice...you might want to tone down the exaggerations if you want RCI to take your complaints seriously. There is an art to complaining and when you're trying to tell them it took 10 hours round trip in every tender port to get on and off the ship, the rest of your complaints are going to be looked at as gross exaggerations as well.

Take a deep breath, be honest in what happened, and try again.

Word of advice...you might want to tone down the exaggerations if you want RCI to take your complaints seriously. There is an art to complaining and when you're trying to tell them it took 10 hours round trip in every tender port to get on and off the ship, the rest of your complaints are going to be looked at as gross exaggerations as well.

Take a deep breath, be honest in what happened, and try again.

Too late. You lie once and they blow you off and won't listen again. They gave them an apology and a voucher as a gesture of goodwill but RCI owes them nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where has the OP gone? Joined CC in Nov and has made only one post with outrageous multiple complaints? Now he will not offer any verification or specifics of his complaints when asked questions. I think his post is just a joke.