Eurodam/Port Everglades; Westerdam/San Diego and Key West Sail-Aways - Dec 18, 2016

Boytjie

Won small amounts on several machines. No big jackpot. Yes, I did see the flag...brought back memories.

Sadly, the toot banner is coming back. TourGypsy who was going to continue with it had to cancel her cruise for health reasons. Neither she nor I could find anyone on the next roll call or the one after that willing to pick it up.

Baffles me that no one was willing to pick it up and use it and pass it on to the next cruiser - the Front Desk would not hold it without a name to attach to it and we don't want it to go missing.

So, now I am on the hunt for someone to ship it to who will be sailing and will pass it on. "Sigh"

Sadly, the toot banner is coming back. TourGypsy who was going to continue with it had to cancel her cruise for health reasons. Neither she nor I could find anyone on the next roll call or the one after that willing to pick it up.

Baffles me that no one was willing to pick it up and use it and pass it on to the next cruiser - the Front Desk would not hold it without a name to attach to it and we don't want it to go missing.

So, now I am on the hunt for someone to ship it to who will be sailing and will pass it on. "Sigh"

Jacqui, if you can not find any one to take it, we're leaving home on the 29 Dec for our three week Eurodam cruise. We could use it for our three sail aways.

We'll be watching from the other side for once as we are headed out for a week on the Eurodam today. No wave requested, but if there's a bar cam in the Crow's Nest, you might catch us.

Have a great cruise and we will raise a toast to you as you sail by...

Jacqui, if you can not find any one to take it, we're leaving home on the 29 Dec for our three week Eurodam cruise. We could use it for our three sail aways.

Thanks Allan :)

It would be great if it were used for 3 sail a ways ;)

I think it should get to you in time if I get it sent off right away - will be tight with the Christmas "rush" and the holidays in between. I'll check the arrival date and/or if it needs to express post (uggh on the cost).

I'll get it from shrimpboat123 tomorrow and get it shipped off. I hate to see it not in FLL. Hopefully we can find someone to pass on to this time.

Thank you:D

Thanks Allan :)

It would be great if it were used for 3 sail a ways ;)

I think it should get to you in time if I get it sent off right away - will be tight with the Christmas "rush" and the holidays in between. I'll check the arrival date and/or if it needs to express post (uggh on the cost).

I'll get it from shrimpboat123 tomorrow and get it shipped off. I hate to see it not in FLL. Hopefully we can find someone to pass on to this time.

Thank you:D

Jacqui you have email.

Allan

Checking in from a too warm for December blustery Memphis. Currently the temp is in the mid-seventies, tomorrow the high will be in the thirties. "Interesting" weather will take place as the temp drops.

that sounds a lot nicer than the -25 Celsius we had yesterday Kathy - and the wind chill brought it to -35 - 40. No dog walk yesterday and that says a lot. Too risky for their noses, ears and even paws.

No walk is a rarity and the dogs weren't arguing. They are not stupid;)

John Glenn

John Glenn's Memorial Service is being held at Ohio State University this afternoon after lying in State in our Capitol's Rotunda. This was quite an honor for him. Only 9 men have so been honored with the first being President Lincoln during his return to Illinois in 1865.

Not sure nationally, but Governor Kaisch has ordered all flags in Ohio to be flown at half-staff until Senator Glenn's burial at Arlington National Cemetery. I'm not sure when that is to happen.

Thanks, everyone. I've got so many windows open - port schedule was one too many.

And I have actual windows open. We get few 75 degree days in December. But we are expecting a 40+ degree drop in approximately 12 hours so I am also battening down the hatches. If I am not here tomorrow, I blew away.

Edited by lka1012