Our Koningsdam Dec. 4-14 cruise---

slabeaume

Thanks for sharing your blog! My husband and I are on the Kdam in March, with the same itinerary as you had, so it was fun to get a preview of the ship and ports. We love to snorkel too, so I especially enjoyed all of your fish photos. Well done!

My blog from our Dec. 4-14, 2016 Koningsdam Caribbean cruise. Had a fantastic time!

http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2016/12/2016-dec.html

Lots of beaches and snorkeling. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed living it!

Thank you for your informative blog! greatly enjoyed it and the photos were useful too! can't wait to get onboard now! :)

WOW!

I've just started and spent a long, enjoyable time looking at the first section, the photos of the ship. This is an outstanding collection, one I will come back to. You must have spent half the cruise with your camera! Really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this. Now, onto the commentary pages...

Thanks for all the pics of K-dam as we'll be on it next Nov.! You're pics & blog are better than anything I've been able to find on it at this point!

As a "heads up" on the Bonaire pic of sailing ship, it's the Royal Clipper. We were on it about 15 yrs. ago & have a link to it on signature section.

Again, super photos & now we're really looking forward to traveling on a HAL ship bigger than Vista class!

Thanks for all the pics of K-dam as we'll be on it next Nov.! You're pics & blog are better than anything I've been able to find on it at this point!

As a "heads up" on the Bonaire pic of sailing ship, it's the Royal Clipper. We were on it about 15 yrs. ago & have a link to it on signature section.

Again, super photos & now we're really looking forward to traveling on a HAL ship bigger than Vista class!

We were also on this cruise and one day we shared the pier with the Nieuw Amsterdam. These two ships looked to be almost exactly the same size, but of course the interior arrangements are very different and the Koningsdam holds more passengers.

Thanks so much for your report and all of the fabulous photos! We were on this itinerary on November 13, but our rainout day was Aruba! We thoroughly enjoyed the Koningsdam. Since it was ou first HAL cruise, we had no idea what to expect. Its just a beautiful ship!!

We were also on this sailing with you. It's fun to see your pictures and relive the cruise. I think I remember seeing you on the ship. We heard complaints from a few people about different aspects of the cruise, but thought it was all in all a pretty good cruise.:)

I was also on the same cruise. I found the Koningsdam to be a little different from what I am used to on HAL ships. I also recall the Vista ships were quite a bit different than the R and S class ships but we got used to it. I hear that HAL is making some changes on the Nieuw Statendam which will come out in 2018 and I loo forward to it. By the way The World Stage is outstanding.

Himself/

Thanks for the review, great photos. We will be in HMC & Amber Cove in Jan so I got some ideas about what to do there.

Allan

In Amber Cove we took the ship's tour to the downtown area (to see the plaza and a small church) and to a small fort. It was a waste of time and money ($30) IMO.