Why I Won't Book Oasis Class

Allure by far my favorite ship. Never felt crowded. Loved the comedy club, all the shows, etc. OP is missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ssshh, don't tell them. If everyone knew the truth the prices would skyrocket [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The first two lines are the only accurate statement in your post, as with no experience you really can't criticize or comment on what you don't know.

And to further that point, Clarea is a "he", not a "her".

As to the last statement, I have no clue what you are saying, let alone where you are going. But I hope you have fun getting there! :rolleyes:

Clarea is a dude......!!

Wow!

I learn something new everyday.

Now keep in mind, I have never booked an Oasis class so I am not criticizing the ship, people, anything like that. But reading Clarea's OP on her birthday being messed up by Grease being moved to a ridiculously late time, especially for the east coast, reminds me of why I prefer the midsizes.

For one, I cruise to be fed, entertained, meet people, feel peacefully small in the expanse of the sea, and relax. If I want Vegas-I go to Vegas.

So if in order for me to get Broadway, I have to book months in advance, no thank you. We rarely book cruises far in advance, so if I were to take Royal up on its deal now, and book Allure for January, we would probably get no chance to reserve dining or shows. Dealbreaker. Don't want to book a ship I can't fully enjoy.

Now this is not to imply I don't enjoy Royal-I do. And I reiterate, I HAVE NO personal experience with these class ships, so do not take this post as a slam against their quality. I am simply stating my preference for a more relaxed process.

If we book an NCL midsize, any Carnival, or Freedom class RCCL, this is not an issue. We have done a mega NCL, and were lucky to book Rock of Ages and dining on relatively short notice. This is uncommon, and from my understanding, RCCL is even worse about pre-booking.

To me, I will gladly give up a few bells and whistles to get a fun show, good fun, and public space, because one other thing: ever notice that the bigger ships are unfriendlier? Not the crew, the people. That is because THEY are stressed out, having argued to no avail with customer service, having their plans rearranged, and their mood is not one of a chill cruiser, but a Vegas bruiser.

Part of the negative deal with Vegas on the sea is the same as with Vegas on the strip-crowds, elbows, expense, timing, and logistics.

Cruise for the sea, the people, the food, and the fun-a good cheesy magician is a lot more fun than a high-gloss production if you can strike up a convo with a guy from Kansas whose son looks like Clark Kent. Or a woman from Louisiana only too happy to share a gumbo secret. You see where I am going?

Cruising is about reconnecting with people, and disconnecting with STUFF.

I believe fully these ships to be wonderful marvels of the sea, and that if you are booked with them, they will perform to your expectations. Just be sure your expectations are not Vegas strip entertainment and Black Hills serenity.

-T

Oasis class is the best.

We have sailed ever RCCL class. While at first worried about the size of Oasis we were amazed that, given the way theses ship are designed they seemed smaller than the others with many personal spaces. They are now, by far, our favorite class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really?? Not in the best taste of humor IMO.

This whole thread isn't in the best taste of humor. Why choose now to take the higher road? Everyone needs to just breathe.[emoji10][emoji100]

The OP reminds me of the child who says they don't want to eat their peas and carrots, because they know they won't like the way they taste.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

it seems, are missing the point. I never said it was a bad ship, I said that I would prefer not to be forced into reservations to enjoy a cruise. Particularly I did not want to book at last minute and miss the entertainment. But by all means, continue to post first, read later.

You're missing the point of the responses here.

To me, I will gladly give up a few bells and whistles to get a fun show, good fun, and public space, because one other thing: ever notice that the bigger ships are unfriendlier? Not the crew, the people. That is because THEY are stressed out, having argued to no avail with customer service, having their plans rearranged, and their mood is not one of a chill cruiser, but a Vegas bruiser.

Just know that in 5 Oasis Class cruises, we've only ever reserved the comedy show pre-cruise and never reserved dinner. We've had zero problems getting into shows and have never felt stressed out. The point received is that without firsthand experience, you know not of what you speak.

Edited by Big_G

Just know that in 5 Oasis Class cruises, we've only ever reserved the comedy show pre-cruise and never reserved dinner. We've had zero problems getting into shows and have never felt stressed out. The point received is that without firsthand experience, you know not of what you speak.

Mic Dropped.:D

Just her opinion. Why the upset and the digging into her past :-/

I will still book oasis class ships. While I am entertained by others opinions at time, they shouldnt really matter enough to turn my back on something I like. I just read and move on.

I am sure thousands will not book O class now

One can only hope. It seems like the demand for these ships have only driven the pricing up. I guess the OP knows something that thousands of other people, who have actually sailed on these ships and keep re-booking, don't.

I can't figure out the point of the OP starting this thread.:confused:

it seems, are missing the point. I never said it was a bad ship, I said that I would prefer not to be forced into reservations to enjoy a cruise. Particularly I did not want to book at last minute and miss the entertainment. But by all means, continue to post first, read later.

Reservations simply ensure that you will get into a show. Not having a reservation hardly means that you won't get into a show. These ships have so much to offer that having reservations makes it easier to plan your week and make sure you get to fit in as much, or as little, as you want. The reservation system is a benefit that RCI makes available to the customer. You do not have to choose to use it.

Except for possibly the comedian show in the small venue, you don't have to pre book anything before you step on the ship. You can book everything as soon as you get on or wait in the standby lines that let you in 10 minutes before the show.

Would you say that to their face? Why would you write it?

I absolutely would say that to their face if they're blatantly spewing crap they know nothing about. Not sure how you can stand by idly while other people spew garbage and downright lies to your face....

I love how the world has become an "agree with my opinion or I will bash you in my comments" type of place.

The OP was stating his opinion of something (hence the title "Why I Won't Book Oasis Class"), based on a previous thread where several people were stating their show times were changed without their knowledge. As a new cruiser, I read these and though the same thing, "that sucks!" Now would I avoid an entire class of ship because of it, probably not. However, if my true purpose was to be stress free on a cruise and not have to worry about it, and some feedback regarding some areas of a cruise that I find very important are negative for a certain class of ship...then yes, I might take his/her opinion into consideration (especially if I could find other posts the echo'd the same opinion).

However, all you "oasis-fanbois" come out of the woodwork and attack the OP because they have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours, or they based their opinion based on impressions rather than facts. It doesn't matter how they came to their opinion...because it's THEIR opinion.

You have people telling the OP their "ignorance is showing", just because THEIR opinion of something (or how they formed that opinion) doesn't jive with YOUR opinion (or how you form YOUR opinions). Others, nominating the OP for the "Darwin Award". JFC, get over yourselves.

...and by the way, the OP never said the crews weren't friendly on the larger ships (in fact he/she said just the opposite)...he/she said in his/her experience, the people weren't as friendly. If you're going to flame people in your replies, it is only common courtesy to actually read and comprehend their post....just sayin'

Too bad, I guess you will never know, but review on

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50780306#post50780306

Now keep in mind, I have never booked an Oasis class so I am not criticizing the ship, people, anything like that. But reading Clarea's OP on her birthday being messed up by Grease being moved to a ridiculously late time, especially for the east coast, reminds me of why I prefer the midsizes.

We will be on our 3rd Oasis class ship soon, and find them to be our top choice, while also having thoroughly enjoyed 3 other class size ships as well.

The whole show change thing impacted us, but really is not the big deal some posters have made it. In our case, we simply changed to the same early time on the next day (online), and all was well.

Easy peasy, especially since this is the first and only time its ever happened on any of our cruises, and the change took all of 5 minutes.

Some people just get themselves in a tizzy over the little things. Others just love to rant about any little imperfection.

In contrast, we enjoy all of our cruises, relax, and adapt for any such minor bumps that come along the way.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I love how the world has become an "agree with my opinion or I will bash you in my comments" type of place.

The OP was stating his opinion of something (hence the title "Why I Won't Book Oasis Class"), based on a previous thread where several people were stating their show times were changed without their knowledge. As a new cruiser, I read these and though the same thing, "that sucks!" Now would I avoid an entire class of ship because of it, probably not. However, if my true purpose was to be stress free on a cruise and not have to worry about it, and some feedback regarding some areas of a cruise that I find very important are negative for a certain class of ship...then yes, I might take his/her opinion into consideration (especially if I could find other posts the echo'd the same opinion).

However, all you "oasis-fanbois" come out of the woodwork and attack the OP because they have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours, or they based their opinion based on impressions rather than facts. It doesn't matter how they came to their opinion...because it's THEIR opinion.

You have people telling the OP their "ignorance is showing", just because THEIR opinion of something (or how they formed that opinion) doesn't jive with YOUR opinion (or how you form YOUR opinions). Others, nominating the OP for the "Darwin Award". JFC, get over yourselves.

...and by the way, the OP never said the crews weren't friendly on the larger ships (in fact he/she said just the opposite)...he/she said in his/her experience, the people weren't as friendly. If you're going to flame people in your replies, it is only common courtesy to actually read and comprehend their post....just sayin'

He was talking out his backside with no experience just like you are now. He has an opinion and they are just like you. If I have an opinion I try to base it on past experience

I think the op just wanted to stir things up. One can't possibly make an intelligent post about a ship he has never sailed on. I liken his post to those on the HAL board who swear that the mega ships are the bane of the industry. Those people refuse to sail on a large ship and probably never will so their opinions of what happens on a mega ship are as baseless as the op's.

I was thinking the OP was the original founder of NOOTS and is trying to revive that group that is dying because of extinction. I very much remember the days before Oasis finally made her voyage and cruise critic created a separate forum inside this one just for the Oasis ship. There was probably a 100,000 posts before the ship ever sailed. But that early on the names of Behemoth and Monstrosity were bantied around. The NOOOTS group was born and their signature was everywhere. One of those was on my 2013 Allure cruise and she may be one of the last converts