New cabin drinks in fridge approach?

I was on the Jewel of the Seas last week and when I got into my cabin, the bar fridge was empty. Instead there was an order sheet that you could use to order drinks (pop/soda, water, juice) by putting it on your cabin door. Wondering if this has happened on any other ships or if it was a Jewel thing.

I like it. Instead of having things in there you do not want; you can ask for what you do want. You can put food in it from the Windjammer or bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer that way too. It is less likely to be charged on drinks not actually consumed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found myself going to the bars and getting cans of drinks/bottles of water from there since I didn't want the large number offered via the cabin (it didn't seem like there was a way to only order 3 or 4 cans of pop or just a couple of bottles of water).

The menu on Oasis

c39c9a6a1316c4e15490adc8ee69ee15.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

I see they fixed their price problem withe 12 cans of soda. Someone posted a pic of the order form they'd received that has 6 cans @ $12, 12 cans @ $32! The $22 shown here makes more sense.

Of course, I can go across the street and get 15 cans for $4.99 but that's a different discussion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love it. I love the whole thing - the empty fridge, the lower price for soda, the no more moving the contents around. Awesomeness. :)

I like it... You can put food in it from the Windjammer or bar.

Yes, careful with that one. Remember, it's not an actual fridge that keeps items cold, but more so a "cooler". I got sick once thinking I could keep milk in there. Ugh.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I think it is a great idea too. Not only does it remove the need to have the fridge emptied, I am always a bit worried about the drinks left in there - sodas do have use by dates. It must save a lot of wastage too.

As well, it makes it cheaper for the cruise line as they they don't need to employ someone to check the minibar every day and less disruptive for the passenger as it is one less person entering your cabin each day. This could even potentially have an impact on health if you are someone who worries about someone entering with a cold or virus. I am not particularly worried about that but the mini bar 'checker' must enter many many cabins and could potentially pick up and spread a bug as a result.

Edited by lucymorgan

Our first experience with this new policy was on Adventure this past May...loved it. Now no longer necessary for a crew member to come into your cabin each day and check the fridge and restock...many of you may not have known this is (was) done.

Might help in the long run.. We have had problems in the past with the mini fridge. WE took out a few cans of soda to make room for some leftovers ended up getting charged for soda that was not in fridge, extra soda was sitting on top of fridge ..

Our first experience with this new policy was on Adventure this past May...loved it. Now no longer necessary for a crew member to come into your cabin each day and check the fridge and restock...many of you may not have known this is (was) done.

I agree that this is a very good thing. One less person coming into the room that I don't need there and less erroneous charges on my seapass account.

We also prefer empty fridge, we fill it was water and sometimes wine, never bought anything that was in fridge in all my cruises
+1

We always request that the fridge contents be removed so that we can use the space for what we want. On Anthem, it took four calls to over three days to get this done. The forth call was not as nice as the first three, but the fridge was finally emptied.

+1

We always request that the fridge contents be removed so that we can use the space for what we want. On Anthem' date=' it took four calls to over three days to get this done. The forth call was not as nice as the first three, but the fridge was finally emptied.[/quote']

Really? Why wouldn't you take 30 seconds and empty the fridge yourself instead of going through all that wasted time and aggravation?

Really? Why wouldn't you take 30 seconds and empty the fridge yourself instead of going through all that wasted time and aggravation?
We were billed for the entire contents once, and the fridge was refilled (not RCI)! Was more of a hassle getting that straightened out. Normally one call does the trick.