Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

I just noticed on my credit card bill that an additional $6.19 was charged. I called the number that Bob so graciously provided and got it taken care of without any issues. Apparently it was for a bottle of the Evian water, or so they say was notated. Ugh....these misc charges really drive me crazy.

After reading this thread, I was expecting to be charged when we returned off indy, so far no charge, when we left the room we put the bottles in prime position on the dresser and took a date and time stamped photo for evidence to email m bailey, but did not need to thus time.

I'm sure a charge appeared a couple of cruises ago, we did not understand, but that was before this thread

Are there any TV shows in the US that people can write in to complain about stuff and they investigate? that would get the word out there and force RCI to address it.

Are there any TV shows in the US that people can write in to complain about stuff and they investigate? that would get the word out there and force RCI to address it.

I know from history that the company is sensitive to reports to the Florida Attorney General and also the Better Business Bureau.

Ironically RCI probably already has a rep reading this thread....and hoping it will go away. ;)

But it won't.... until they stop this practice...and sad thing is the simple fix is to JUST REMOVE THOSE BOTTLES!!

Let guest order the bottles if they want them. Really silly we all have to go through all of this to avoid those scam

charges.

I know from history that the company is sensitive to reports to the Florida Attorney General and also the Better Business Bureau.

Good point Bob...if they won't listen to us.....maybe another third party would help.

Ironically RCI probably already has a rep reading this thread....and hoping it will go away. ;)

But it won't.... until they stop this practice...and sad thing is the simple fix is to JUST REMOVE THOSE BOTTLES!!

Let guest order the bottles if they want them. Really silly we all have to go through all of this to avoid those scam

charges.

Yup, they have someone reading the thread while continuing to insist that they no nothing of the issue.:rolleyes:

Just read on another ongoing post where from July 1st the bottles will be taken from the cabins.

That was me-I was actually looking for this thread. Here is what I said:

I emailed RCCL less than 4 hours ago about the charge for 2 bottles of water that was billed AFTER debarkation (I had previously had the charge removed via telephone). I called the practice despicable. I got a phone call about it "from Michael Bayley's office" a few minutes ago.

I was told that "a decision was made today that effective July1, water will no longer be left in the staterooms" and that an order form will be left for those that do want it.

We are not sailing again until next May, so it would be nice if anyone here sailing July 1 or later can let us know if that happens. Thanks!

Two things happen to us in May

1. A $2.00 charge in the pub only problem we weren't in the pub that day.

2. The other we told the waiter we wanted to use our Diamond+ drink coupon he took our cards came back with our drinks. Gave our cards back, this was on the last night of the cruise. The drinks with a tip was added to our account. Plus we tip him cash when the drinks came.

3. The water charge was added after the final bill.

Called RCL they removed all of those chargers

But why they never have these thing in the past. Sad

That was me-I was actually looking for this thread. Here is what I said:

I emailed RCCL less than 4 hours ago about the charge for 2 bottles of water that was billed AFTER debarkation (I had previously had the charge removed via telephone). I called the practice despicable. I got a phone call about it "from Michael Bayley's office" a few minutes ago.

I was told that "a decision was made today that effective July1, water will no longer be left in the staterooms" and that an order form will be left for those that do want it.

We are not sailing again until next May, so it would be nice if anyone here sailing July 1 or later can let us know if that happens. Thanks!

But did they say anything about stopping the erroneous charges?;)

After reading this thread, I was expecting to be charged when we returned off indy, so far no charge, when we left the room we put the bottles in prime position on the dresser and took a date and time stamped photo for evidence to email m bailey, but did not need to thus time.

2 seconds after you took your "date and time stamped photo", you can drink the water. The picture proves nothing.

Two things happen to us in May

1. A $2.00 charge in the pub only problem we weren't in the pub that day.

2. The other we told the waiter we wanted to use our Diamond+ drink coupon he took our cards came back with our drinks. Gave our cards back, this was on the last night of the cruise. The drinks with a tip was added to our account. Plus we tip him cash when the drinks came.

3. The water charge was added after the final bill.

Called RCL they removed all of those chargers

But why they never have these thing in the past. Sad

On the Oasis last week we had a $2.00 charge from the Comedy Club. As we did not go to the Comedy Club, I questioned the charge. Was told that the charge was for a tip from a waiter that worked in the Comedy Club. However, the charge could be entered anywhere on the ship. Charge was then removed, as we always tip with cash.

On the Oasis last week we had a $2.00 charge from the Comedy Club. As we did not go to the Comedy Club, I questioned the charge. Was told that the charge was for a tip from a waiter that worked in the Comedy Club. However, the charge could be entered anywhere on the ship. Charge was then removed, as we always tip with cash.

If you had tipped a waiter $2.00 they should have been able to show you a receipt that the tip was applied to even if it was a $0.00 charge drink from something like a C&A perk. Maybe this is the new plan being but in place as the water bottles are being phased out.

If you had tipped a waiter $2.00 they should have been able to show you a receipt that the tip was applied to even if it was a $0.00 charge drink from something like a C&A perk. Maybe this is the new plan being but in place as the water bottles are being phased out.

Ask to see the charge at Guest Services. Person said he could not find the actual charge in the system. Quickly said the charge would be remove without question. Have sailed 54 times on Royal. First time I have experienced an incorrect charge.

An alternative to Royal's charge:

I stayed at the Seattle Marriott on points last weekend. When I leave I get a zero balance invoice. Yesterday I have a charge (not pending) on my card. Marriott says they never charged me so there's nothing to credit, the bank insists the charge is there and to dispute the charge.

I could have also put them in my suitcase, along with the towls and robes ;p

We always close our cabin door when we leave but see lots of cabin doors left open so really anyone with a theft tendency could look into the cabins and take stuff that had been left.

We always close our cabin door when we leave but see lots of cabin doors left open so really anyone with a theft tendency could look into the cabins and take stuff that had been left.

Our experience has been that even if you close the stateroom door, one of the crew soon comes along, opens the door, and installs the doorstop to keep the door open.

Our experience has been that even if you close the stateroom door, one of the crew soon comes along, opens the door, and installs the doorstop to keep the door open.

That's happened to us too. The stewards prop the doors open while they are cleaning. Once I came back to the cabin to a wide open door and no steward in sight. She came back about 10 minutes later. Now I lock everything in the safe, not because I think the steward would steal stuff but because I know the door isn't always left closed.

That's happened to us too. The stewards prop the doors open while they are cleaning. Once I came back to the cabin to a wide open door and no steward in sight. She came back about 10 minutes later. Now I lock everything in the safe, not because I think the steward would steal stuff but because I know the door isn't always left closed.

When we do back to backs, I remind the stateroom attendant that we still have valuables in the stateroom and to please keep the door closed. That has seemed to work, at least in our case.