Limited Free Specialty Dining, but deposit.

NEcruiser7515

July 2015 we sailed in the Haven on Breakaway had ultimate dining, and ultimate beverage packages.

Before we left that cruise we put a $500 deposit down for a future cruise with Unlimited dining, Unlimited beverage, $120 on board credit, and free gratuities.

I was planning on booking a cruise April 2017 in Haven. I see on NCL's site that now i's called "Specialty Dining" & now shows first 2 guests receive only 3 meals on 3-9 night cruises.

Does that mean we don't get to dine at a specialty restaurant every night were on the ship, only 3?

Or when I put that deposit down in July 2015, and held those options, those trump whats available now?

Edited by NEcruiser7515

July 2015 we sailed in the Haven on Breakaway had ultimate dining, and ultimate beverage packages. Before we left that cruise we put a $500 deposit down for a future cruise with Unlimited dining, Unlimited beverage, $120 on board credit, and free gratuities. I was planning on booking a cruise April 2017 in Haven. I see on NCL's site that now i's called "Specialty Dining" & now shows first 2 guests receive only 3 meals on 3-9 night cruises. Does that mean we don't get to dine at a specialty restaurant every night were on the ship, only 3? Or when I put that deposit down in July 2015, and held those options, those trump whats available now?

So, it is not clear what you mean when you say "we put a $500 deposit down". Normally, when you put a deposit down for a cruise, you secure the promotions at time of booking. The promotions don't change as offers change.

If you put money down for the April 2017 cruise, then you have the promotions as of the time of booking.That would also include additional Latitude points for advance purchases. They should appear in your MyNCL record (for some) or your amenities receipt (you could ask for one to be emailed to you if you don't have it).

BirdTravels, We put a $500 deposit down in July 2015 while on the Breakaway for ANY future cruise on NCL until 2019. We didn't book a specific cruise. Decided to look at a cruise in April 2017. At the time they told us if we put the deposit down before we left the cruise we would get to receive Unlimited dining, Beverage, no gratuities, and received a $120 on board credit.

So I want to know if the unlimited dining is for every night, or only 3 nights now (because thats what shows on their site) Not sure how all this works. Only will be my second cruise ever. :)

Edited by NEcruiser7515

That didn't answer my question. Does the dining package I picked when I put the $500 deposit down apply whenever I book my next future cruise no matter what current promotion is going on?
If you haven't actually booked the April 2017 cruise yet, then you didn't actually put $500 down on board. It sounds like you purchased two future cruise vouchers worth $500 total, but you haven't actually applied either of them to a cruise booking yet. When you do this, you will get the promotional offer that is on the table at that moment. You did not lock in any perks in perpetuity simply by purchasing future cruise vouchers. Edited by hawkeyetlse

No, because what would of been the benefit to hold a future cruise to lock in those Haven promotions. We wouldn't of done so if they weren't offering the free dining, beverages etc. Ya know?

I should prob call NCL.

Edited by NEcruiser7515

Probably 1 Haven CruiseNext.

YES I googled it, thats what we did, CruiseNext. We had to do the $500 down because we wanted the Haven again.

So I need to figure out the dining situation. I remember the reason we put the depo down was because they were offering free dining, beverage, gratuities, and 120 on board credit with it as well. So I want to see if its UDP for every night.

Edited by NEcruiser7515

YES I googled it, thats what we did, CruiseNext. We had to do the $500 down because we wanted the Haven again.

So I need to figure out the dining situation. I remember the reason we put the depo down was because they were offering free dining, beverage, gratuities, and 120 on board credit with it as well. So I want to see if its UDP for every night.

The promo you get will be whatever is in effect at the time of booking. FWIW in July 2015 the free dining for all nights was no longer being given from what I recall so even if you had booked at that time you wouldn't have gotten the free meals for all nights.

No, it will not be the UDP. The UDP no longer exists for new bookings. When you finally book your April 2017 cruise using the CruiseNext deposit you purchased last year, you will get whatever they are offering for Haven bookings at that moment. If you book right now, for example, you'll get the UBP and a small number of SDP meals for 2 people (gratuities/service charge included on both of those), a small excursion credit for the cabin in each port, and 250 minutes of internet.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

We put a $500 deposit down in July 2015 while on the Breakaway for ANY future cruise on NCL until 2019. We didn't book any specific cruise. At the time they told us if we put the deposit down before we left the cruise we would get to receive Unlimited dining, Beverage, no gratuities, and received a $120 on board credit.

So I want to know if the unlimited dining is for every night or only 3 nights now. Not sure how all this works. Only will be my second cruise ever. :)

If the previous posters did not answer your questions, I would guess that your $500 deposit was actually a purchase of a "Cruise Next" Certificate(s) towards future cruise(s) purchase(s). My reason for this deduction is IF you had "booked" a future cruise with those perks (back in July 2015), you would have secured those perks for "that" (booked) cruise and you would have a Reservation number. The question about which perks you were/are to receive would be spelled-out for you on the paperwork that you should have received at that time, and therefore, should be addressed with NCL. Especially, if you don't have that paperwork to support your understanding of the deal at that time.

NCL changes their deals approximately monthly +/-. Reservations will have a short summary (codes) of any perks that are linked to the specific booking.

Other than this clarification... if you are just now making a reservation, then you will receive perks as offered on current promotion. The only way that might be different, is IF you indeed have some special promo that over-rides current promo.

Without more information, it is doubtful that anyone on CC can fully answer your question.

Good luck with your cruise, and I hope that everything works-out as you are hoping!

Edited by ggTexasGal
oops, sorry for posting too slowly while others already addressed!

No it will not be the UDP. The UDP no longer exists for new bookings. When you finally book your April 2017 cruise using the CruiseNext deposit you purchased last year, you will get whatever they are offering for Haven bookings at that moment.

Ok. Thanks everyone. I definitely remember one of the reason why we actually put the deposit down was to take advantage of the included FREE Beverages, Food, Gratuities, and $120 credit. I'm going to call NCL. I specifically remember then saying with this deposit, well get those perks too, bot don't remember if we had to book then or whenever we wanted to.

Because thats what we had when we sailed on our first cruise in July 2015 (FWIW we booked the 7/15 cruise on 4/15) and we loved it and thought the offerings were the best way to go.

Edited by NEcruiser7515

Ok. Thanks everyone. I definitely remember one of the reason why we actually put the deposit down was to take advantage of the included FREE Beverages, Food, Gratuities, and $120 credit. I'm going to call NCL. I specifically remember then saying with this deposit, well get those perks too, bot don't remember if we had to book then or whenever we wanted to.

Because thats what we had when we sailed on our first cruise in July 2015 (FWIW we booked the 7/15 cruise on 4/15) and we loved it and thought the offerings were the best way to go.

As much as I hate to say it... most likely, you had to make your reservation while on that July 2015 cruise in-order-to "lock in" those perks. Hopefully your call to NCL nets you promising results, but "that boat may have already sailed!"

Do you have those benefits/perks in writing for a future reservation?

If so, is it just some promo material, or actually on the docs for what you purchased.

I do not remember when but within the last 2 years when you purchased a FCC you actually did secure the same perks that you were getting on the cruise when you bought the FCC. I believe when we were on in Feb 2015 it was offered. So maybe the OP was on board during one of these times.

You didn't BOOK so nothing is written into a contract. Till you make a booking you have only a Haven Credit. When you do make a booking then you will get the "Perks" on offer at that time.

I do not remember when but within the last 2 years when you purchased a FCC you actually did secure the same perks that you were getting on the cruise when you bought the FCC. I believe when we were on in Feb 2015 it was offered. So maybe the OP was on board during one of these times.

I recall the same thing. It was an incentive to buy because you were guaranteed to get these promos on the cruise, even if they were no longer being offered. I do not recall whether you actually had to book a cruise at the time, or only within the specified time period.

It's a good idea to keep the flyer which outlines the offer unless it is spelled out in the letter they usually mail you later. In any case, someone at NCL should be able to look it up and tell you the terms of what you bought.

I remember going on a cruise last year and bought a cruise credit. The onboard consultant was telling us about the offer they were doing where you could actually book a cruise and then secure the same perks, even if you changed the date of the cruise in the future.

I didn't take too much notice as we didn't want to actually book, but my understanding was that you had to actually May a booking to get that.

My memory is a little hazy, and as I say I've never really taken too much notice anyway, but I do wonder whether this is how some confusion may have arisen.

Or I could be totally wrong.

{Snipped}

I didn't take too much notice as we didn't want to actually book, but my understanding was that you had to actually May a booking to get that.

Now that you mention it I seem to recall the same, book and then change to get the perks on offer now and keep them.

This may well have been the "Cruise Next Ultimate" deal.

Now that you mention it I seem to recall the same, book and then change to get the perks on offer now and keep them.

This may well have been the "Cruise Next Ultimate" deal.

We did this on the Breakaway in March 2016. We booked the Jade out of Tampa but before final payment was due we switched to a sailing a couple of weeks earlier on the Breakaway out of NYC. We were told when we booked on board that we couldn't switch our reservation to a different date on the same ship and keep the promotions because they didn't want people price shopping. At the time we booked on board the daily service charge was included as one of the free at sea choices. It wasn't available when we switched to the Breakaway but we were able to keep the promotion because we'd booked the original cruise while on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is copied and pasted from NCL website (link follows). I'm only quoting the CruiseNextUltimate portion

"

Select Your Ship And Sail Date

CruiseNext Ultimate

Know where you want to go? Place 1, 2, 3, or 4 deposits on specific future cruises*** while onboard and enjoy up to $500 FREE onboard credit to spend. PLUS your choice of one of these four FREE offers on your next cruise:

1 Ultimate Beverage Package 2 Ultimate Dining Package 3 250 Minute Internet Package 4 $75 per port Shorex Credit

And what's more, on select sailings Friends and Family sail free! Also, as part of our CruiseNext Program, you can book The Haven with a reduced deposit of $500 and all four offers above are included.

"

Couple of questions that don't seem to be addressed in the terms and conditions

1) are above choices only for those booked Oceanview up to suite level or do they also apply to insides and/or studios ??

2) if there is a current promo going on (like there is right now) do you get your choice of one of the promo offers from current promo as well as choice of CruiseNext promo offer ??

Here is link to NCL website page

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-rewards

Maybe they told us about this, but we never booked. SOL.