Your Favourite 2016 Cruise Moment and Your 2017 Cruise Aspirations

A&L_Ont

Let me start by wishing you all a Happy New Year. May it be a positive one with good health and fortune to you and your family. I hope you have a cruise booked for 2017 and if not, may you soon be planning one to have on your horizon.

We were fortunate enough to cruise a few times in 2016, having lots of fun along the way. Spending time together as a family for me is the most important thing. We have also got to meet some great people through roll calls, in person, and here on the boards. We also enjoy going somewhere warmer than home.:)

One of my favourite cruise photos from last year just might be this one. I wish the warm breezes of the Caribbean could reach us today, but there is always tomorrow.;)

fa581e9e8572a74dca0d401633209763.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

Happy New Year! My most memorable moment was finally getting to go to beautiful Bermuda!3fd75517e9fb103a9983acbddccc8f8f.jpg

Looking forward to The Freedom of the Seas with great friends in February 2017

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by scottygirl

My favorite cruise moments in 2016 were sliding down the Abyss on the Harmony and taking pictures of brightly colored signs in the Caribbean for a project in my new home in a few months (a gallery of framed, matted Caribbean signs behind the sofa in my home office). My aspiration for 2017 is being able to take advantage of last-minute deals and taking 4-night cruises from Monday through Friday without using five days of vacation time because I will be RETIRED in just a few months!! :D

Our favorite cruise moment of 2016 was spending 3 days in Rio during Carnival. (Celebrity Infinity). It was amazing to have been able to experience Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf Mountain, seeing CopaCabana & Ipanema Beaches, and the highlight was the Samba Parades lasting all night long. And spending time with family and friends on our journey.

We are fortunate to be going to Singapore in 2017, and experiencing this great city along with a 14 night cruise that will take us to several cities in Asia.

Happy New Year and hoping it is blessed with Good Health for all!

My favorite 2016 cruise moment was finally getting a jr. suite. Wow. Very nice. I will definitely do that again.

My 2017 cruise aspiration is to see a bit more of Aruba and Curacao on our upcoming NOS cruise. Last time we only shopped and this time I made sure we booked some tours, but still left time for shopping. And if anyone knows of a place in Curacao where I can buy a Curacao inspired shower curtain near the port I would be very grateful!

Great idea for a thread! My daughters are now 21 and 18, and we won't be able to continue to do family vacations with all of us together too much longer. My favorite 2016 cruise moments all involve having everyone together and having a great time. St. Lucia was my favorite island.

Bonding in the mud:

IMG_6217_zpsb9cgygpf.jpg

Lunch overlooking beautiful Sugar Beach:

_CM_8177_zpsfrgqu43b.jpg

As for 2017, DW and I are embracing the empty nester concept with our first Med cruise!

Hi Andrew

I have two moments ~ first was being on Harmony during the meeting at sea of the 3 sisters and the other was being able to be on Harmony and watch the naming ceremony LIVE. :)

oh there was another moment~ Meeting you at the Meet & Mingle :)

Happy New Year to you, Lisa and Owen

For me celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at sea on the Allure.

August 10, 1991- August 10, 2016.

Yup I cried, happy tears, but I cried.

Sailing next August also.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW MEMORIES.

Safe travels.

Happy New Year, Andrew, Lisa, Owen and ... Lucy,

In 2016 we received as a gift a cruise to Hawaii -- sheer beauty.

For 2017, I wish to master picture attaching to this site...

Beside the cruise out of SJ, I've booked a cruise on Vision to New England + Canada, and one on Radiance out of Sydney.

Hoping to be in good health and experiencing new itineraries.:)

1781805228_DSC_1480(1280x853).jpg.502a8ba0942dba3ed020c0d012af9257.jpg

I have been very fortunate to cruise 6 times this year with a combination of different friends, relatives and family.

Each cruise holds a special memory of the people I met on each one that I still keep in contact with.

My favorite memory was sail a way on the helipad from Fort Lauderdale on the President's Cruise.

We haven't cruised since our 2014 Panama Canal cruise. No big vacation this year as we got a golden retriever puppy in March. I think this year may be my dream cruise--the Baltic. We had it booked in 2006 or 2007 but had to cancel as my MIL had lung cancer and it's never worked out since.

I've loved seeing all your pictures!

Best experience was my agreeing to go on an Alaskan cruise.

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger in February for a cruise over the Fourth of July. Got a MRI and referred to IU Health. Diagnosed with liver cancer. Liver resection scheduled for May 2 with an estimated stay of 5-7 days. Liver was much worse and was "sliced up like a pie", cardiac arrest and kidney failure. 25 day stay in hospital as one sick dude. Middle of July got a pinched nerve and am still weak from surgery with constant pain. November I booked for next summer because cancer was removed and gone.

This year I plan to check this off my Bucket List. Biopsy next week on an abnormal lesion. Expected to be cancer again. If so, I think the only option is a liver transplant. Two weeks to wait for answers. :cool:

You Tube has substituted a little.

For 2016 I was happy to just take two separate cruises. Visiting Belize, Mexico, and the Bahamas. This year I have 3 cruises booked and I'm looking forward to returning to the Bahamas and Mexico as well as visiting the US Virgin Islands and St. Martin for the first time.

Our cruise memory for 2016 was taking six additional members of my family on a RT out of Vancouver on the HAL Volendam. No one ever joined the Roll Call I started, so we were our own Meet and Greet wherever we went!

It's hard, nay, impossible to pick a favorite moment. We all enjoyed it all so much! Attached pic of my mom, myself, and my aunt at Mendenhall Glacier.

For 2017, I sadly had to cancel a 19-day Panama Canal transit with DSis and BIL. Am *thinking* of just my DH and I doing a 14-day TA (to Barcelona) with a few days in the disembark city. Then hope to book a PC trip for 2018!

1141248712_Jini_7058small.jpg.8f2a7c1d2c23ebac313f1398f1a03e53.jpg

For 2017, I wish to master picture attaching to this site...

.:)

@Dani

Your thumbnail attached fine (just like mine).

To have your pic show up in the body of message (and big) I believe it has to be "hosted" in the cloud... I think Pintrest can work, and I believe Flickr, PhotoBucket, Google+Photos... any site that gives you an individual URL for your photo that you can paste into the field that opens by the icon with the earth+a chain link in the banner of the writing box.

I'm too lazy to do it!

Happy New Year to all!

Two things come to mind re memories. Finally got to Venice and sailed in a gondola and as always, the great people we meet along the way.

Have formed many lasting friendships meeting others onboard.

Here's wishing all a healthy, happy year and sail on!