No Class :(

Marlenascruising

I booked a regular balcony cabin on an upcoming Celebrity cruise. I haven't cruised celebrity in around 10 years. I'm getting anxious about all the different classes, Aqua, concierge, suite etc & all the different dining venues. Do you think I will still enjoy this cruise without all the perks?

Nothing to worry about. Aqua & Suites have separate dining rooms and Suites have a dedicated lounge. Conciegre has lunch on embarkation day in the MDR.

The majority of passengers are not in Aqua or Suites and have a wonderful cruise. We always do.

I booked a regular balcony cabin on an upcoming Celebrity cruise. I haven't cruised celebrity in around 10 years. I'm getting anxious about all the different classes, Aqua, concierge, suite etc & all the different dining venues. Do you think I will still enjoy this cruise without all the perks?

We booked Concierge and Aqua cabins on some of our cruises, mostly because we like the Blu restaurant (Aqua Class) very much and because the Concierge and Aqua cabins are slightly larger on the Millennium class ships. However, our last two cruises on the Equinox (and also our next one) were in a normal Veranda cabin. With the exception of the Blu restaurant for Aqua class, the other perks are not very significant and you should not miss anything.

The standard Veranda (balcony) cabins are very adequate if you are happy with its location. Depending on your priorities (mid-ship, close to elevators, unobstructed view, etc.), all cabins are not equivalent in a given category and depend on their location. Check it carefully on the Deck Plan before final booking. Size, equipment and furniture are identical in all the standard veranda cabin and always gave us full satisfaction.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by vivi9909

Well heck yes you will! Seriously there is no real perks to Concierge except extra CC points and one embarkation lunch that I hear is not very good. Blu and Luminae are the special dining rooms for Aqua class or suites, Michaels the suite lounge. You have to search these out to even know where they are.

Go and enjoy - don't worry what anyone else is getting.

The main difference between veranda and the aqua cabins is the designated restaurant. Concierge is not really much of anything.

The shows, entertainment and activities are all the same for everyone

We have been in suites (before they started Luminae, so can't comment on that) and one year, Aqua.

To be honest, we were not that thrilled with Blu.

What we do now, and it entirely changes the cruise experience for us, is we take ultimate dining. The specialty restaurants are so much better than Blu, and we found that after a few days the chefs make special off-menu food for us, so we don't get bored.

The real kicker is, the difference in price between a veranda with ultimate dining and Aqua is.....The veranda works out less expensive.

Since the only difference between up-scale lines and Celebrity is the cuisine, we find this is like cruising a really spectacular cruise line for mainstream prices.

Whatever you do, you will enjoy your cruise!

Absolutely! In fact, we have often booked a "class" with perks as on our recent cruise in Aqua Class. Our next booked Celebrity cruise will be 21 days in a regular balcony. We can afford to book a "perk" class but have recently been underwhelmed by the value. We think it makes a lot of sense to book a regular cabin...and if you desire....use the money you saved (from not booking Aqua or a Suite) to dine more often in the alternative restaurants. And if you have no desire to pay extra for those venues, then you will still be quite happy in the MDR.

Hank

Absolutely! In fact, we have often booked a "class" with perks as on our recent cruise in Aqua Class. Our next booked Celebrity cruise will be 21 days in a regular balcony. We can afford to book a "perk" class but have recently been underwhelmed by the value. We think it makes a lot of sense to book a regular cabin...and if you desire....use the money you saved (from not booking Aqua or a Suite) to dine more often in the alternative restaurants. And if you have no desire to pay extra for those venues, then you will still be quite happy in the MDR.

Hank

Nice to hear a more personal and positive comment! Great!:)

One of my favorite cruises was my first Celebrity cruise. I didn't know anything, wasn't elite, no beverage package, etc. We had a blast.

Sometimes the more you know, although helpful at times, takes away some of the excitement.

You will have a blast.

We came off reflection today after our first experience in a "straight balcony" we both say that the extra money we have paid previously is questionable? We do really enjoy the suite life but is it really worth double the cost? The food and service in the Mdr was really good better than we had in blu on Equinox last year admittedly nowhere near as good as luminae. We had already booked a suite for our next cruise but wouldn't hesitate in going for an ordinary balcony in future you will def enjoy

Oh my yes.

A cruise on X - just being on it - is already better than most any other vacation.

You'll have. A great time.

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've only had one Celebrity experience so far, and it was without "class" on the Silhouette for a Transatlantic. I have posted a recent review if you want an idea of what it might be like to go "classless". We had a fantastic time!

We book either concierge or aqua class only for the stateroom breakfast menu because we like the greater selection it offers as we don't usually eat breakfast outside our room. That's really the only perk I can think of that made a difference to us otherwise I would book veranda.

I appreciate the question and the BTDT answers. I am in the early planning stages for X and it truly seems like everyone only talks about the special classes. I had started to think that there weren't normal staterooms! Then I looked at the website.

So thank you.

I appreciate the question and the BTDT answers. I am in the early planning stages for X and it truly seems like everyone only talks about the special classes. I had started to think that there weren't normal staterooms! Then I looked at the website.

So thank you.

We loved celebrity and is our favourite and if they offered kids sail free we would jump at it. Only shipped i gained weight on so that tells u the regular food was fantastic and the little things chairs etc were fantastic. We would go back with no perks or extras in a minute. Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So thank you.

Ok what is BTDT ?

We have our first X cruise in March - I did find the various classes to be confusing. We ended up with Concierge, but only because we preferred a particular 'balcony' location over others that were available. I did not realize it was Concierge until after the fact.

Ok what is BTDT ?

We have our first X cruise in March - I did find the various classes to be confusing. We ended up with Concierge, but only because we preferred a particular 'balcony' location over others that were available. I did not realize it was Concierge until after the fact.

We think Concierge if fine if your main reason for choosing is the cabin location. Otherwise, the extra perks given to Concierge Class are really minor and not worth much extra money. You do get a few upgrades with cabin amenities, an embarkation lunch in the MDR (if you are aboard before 1:30), and access to a so-called Concierge who can help with reservations (we have never found this very helpful). We also booked Concierge for an upcoming 21 day cruise...but only because the cabin location was good and the cost differential was very minimal (it was during a major promotion).

Hank