Allure WJ?

For anyone fairly recently on Allure: how crowded was the WJ for dinner on average please? On HOTS it was so crowded the one time we tried to eat there, we just left. No seats to be had. This was about 30 minutes after the WJ opened. Also, was there "real" ice cream at dinner? We like to eat in the WJ for dinner sometimes and were disappointed in HOTS. Also, does Allure have the compulsory hand-washing station when entering the WJ as on HOTS?

Real ice cream is available nightly in the DINING room...not the buffet. You may get frozen yogurt in the buffet.

Yes...the buffet will be the most crowded when it first opens...if you wait until about halfway through the open hours, you'll have better luck.

For anyone fairly recently on Allure: how crowded was the WJ for dinner on average please? On HOTS it was so crowded the one time we tried to eat there, we just left. No seats to be had. This was about 30 minutes after the WJ opened. Also, was there "real" ice cream at dinner? We like to eat in the WJ for dinner sometimes and were disappointed in HOTS. Also, does Allure have the compulsory hand-washing station when entering the WJ as on HOTS?

Our granddaughter and we did eat in the WJ occasionally for dinner. Yes, there is real ice cream. It is scooped for you and you can add toppings. No, it was not terribly crowded except the night after the early Mamma Mia show. I would guess many people had a snack before the show and then headed straight to the WJ after it was over. However, we did find a table without any difficulty. We did not have a hand-washing station but there was plenty of santizer.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the Allure in August/first week of September. Several times we ate at the Windjammer in the evenings, and it was fairly busy. We visited with a chef one evening, and he told us each evening one of the "islands" featured a different type of cuisine..bbq featuring a variety of wings, Indian, Italian. Nice change of pace.

One positive about the WJ being busy is the food remains fairly fresh. Unfortunately, manners don't. LOL. Just be patient during the busier times.

Not sure why one evening was especially busy, so husband and I sat in a big round booth that would easily seat a family of 6-8. A family did end up joining us and sat opposite us in this huge booth.

Real ice cream was available each evening with a variety of toppings. I know that for sure because my dh is a huge lover of ice cream. If it's available, he's having it! :)

Harmony of the Seas followed the Quantum class ships in having the washing stations at the entrance of the Windjammer. Oasis and Allure didn't have them when they were built, and have not added them.

Real ice cream is available nightly in the DINING room...not the buffet. You may get frozen yogurt in the buffet.

Wrong as usual. :rolleyes:

Yes...the buffet will be the most crowded when it first opens...if you wait until about halfway through the open hours, you'll have better luck.

No WJ had real scoopable ice cream nightly.

Just saying.

Merion Mom.....................................

I just posted when I saw the wrong information.................

I did not read further in thread to see your correction.

thanks

Edited by Lionesss

We were on the Allure in August/first week of September. Several times we ate at the Windjammer in the evenings, and it was fairly busy. We visited with a chef one evening, and he told us each evening one of the "islands" featured a different type of cuisine..bbq featuring a variety of wings, Indian, Italian. Nice change of pace.

One positive about the WJ being busy is the food remains fairly fresh. Unfortunately, manners don't. LOL. Just be patient during the busier times.

Not sure why one evening was especially busy, so husband and I sat in a big round booth that would easily seat a family of 6-8. A family did end up joining us and sat opposite us in this huge booth.

Real ice cream was available each evening with a variety of toppings. I know that for sure because my dh is a huge lover of ice cream. If it's available, he's having it! :)

do you mean that CB gave an incorrect answer? Say it isn't so.

We cruised the Allure about 5 weeks back and the one night we ate in the WJ we had no problem finding a table for 4.

Bill

You have posted time after time about how you hate eating in the Windjammer so of course you would not know that you are wrong.

We especially like going to dinner in the WJ when we get to yack..yacking

too long in the lounge. :eek: ;) Nice to just walk in later in the evening and eat

only what you want and sit where you want.

On Oasis in a couple of weeks, not sure what to expect. Have not been

on that ship in a few years.

Also, was there "real" ice cream at dinner? We like to eat in the WJ for dinner sometimes and were disappointed in HOTS. Also, does Allure have the compulsory hand-washing station when entering the WJ as on HOTS?

We cruised in April 2016 on Allure. There was "real" i.e. Scoopable ice cream in Windjammer. It was off to one side, over close to a bar area in the WJ. We only went on the last night for dinner so I can't speak to whether it was there every night. It WAS there on the last night, when we went there.

When we were on Allure in April, they did have the mandatory hand-washing (or more to the point- the hand sanitizer) station before entering. Although, I don't know that it's "mandatory" but it is definitely strongly suggested and encouraged.

All I can speak to is what occurred on the particular sailing for which we were present. Don't know what's in place now.

When we boarded the Allure November 27th they had people at all the entrances to eating venues squirting your hands. There were a few voyages before ours that had some noro outbreaks.

They also had employees dousing railings and counter tops with a solution.

Bill