Main pool on the escape

Klcruising

I just booked a cruise on this boat today and found out the main pool is possible adult only until 5 pm . I am kind of ticked off at this as if there is going to be a "adult" only situation it should be a side show not main stage (so to speak) it makes me feel like canceling , I have cruised on many other boats and the main pool area has never been designated adult only ...... What is everybody's thoughts on this , I plan on sailing this vessel in April 2017

The pool is adults only until 5PM. But kids can be in the area, the chairs, etc. No problem. There is nothing gratuitous going on to make it an "adult" area. The kids / family pool is about 100 feet away or so. Was never a problem, not something to even dream of bailing over.

If your kids want hot tubs there are a couple on deck 19 that are all ages.

I'm not concerned about what goes on I'm concerned about me not being able to spend time in the pool with my kids in the main pool area where I want to be, my kids are 11 and 13. Thanks for the info I think ncl should revisit this there is already an adult only area by the waterfalls and hot tubs. Thought? thought this was a family boat not total segregation every boat I've been on has a nadult only area but again it's not the main stage where all the action is for the day, Rccl has a solarium beautiful pool set aside for adults not their main pool

I'm not concerned about what goes on I'm concerned about me not being able to spend time in the pool with my kids in the main pool area where I want to be, my kids are 11 and 13. Thanks for the info I think ncl should revisit this there is already an adult only area by the waterfalls and hot tubs. Thought? thought this was a family boat not total segregation every boat I've been on has a nadult only area but again it's not the main stage where all the action is for the day, Rccl has a solarium beautiful pool set aside for adults not their main pool

The kids pool is a good sized pool and flanked by the water park and water slides. The main pool has many sitting pods for adults. It's not really for horsing around. The two areas are right next to each other. You won't be missing out on anything. It's not a totally segregated like RCI Solariums. Look at 2:45 of this video. There is a walkway overhead and some structure, but the areas are open to each other.

The aft adult only area just has the waterfall and hot tubs, no pool. I agree, there should be a pool back there.

I just booked a cruise on this boat today and found out the main pool is possible adult only until 5 pm . I am kind of ticked off at this as if there is going to be a "adult" only situation it should be a side show not main stage (so to speak) it makes me feel like canceling , I have cruised on many other boats and the main pool area has never been designated adult only ...... What is everybody's thoughts on this , I plan on sailing this vessel in April 2017

There are two pools. They are about the same size and there is no "main pool". An adult pool by the DJ stand. And there is a separate family pool under the water slides. Same deck. Near eachother. The family pool is also next to the kids splash area.

Don't be ticked off. Don't cancel. You have been misinformed.

Edited by BirdTravels

Idk all I can say is I have sailed ncl 15 years ago and now I'm having second thoughts my wife and I for one aren't getting a spa pass to get away from our kids, and call us over pertective but we will not be letting our kids run wild on the ship without knowing what there up too maybe I should cancel and go back to RCCL I just don't know now , I was pretty excited to sail this ship not anymore....... Thanks for input !

The "adult" (part-time) pool is below...

norwegian-escape_photo17.jpg

and the family pool is below...

kids-pool--v10602755-cc-720.jpg

You will have plenty of time to spend with the kids in the family pool. From certain loungers, you can watch both pools at the same time. You will have no problem hearing the music in the forward pool while watching the kids in the family pool.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

...maybe I should cancel and go back to RCCL I just don't know now , I was pretty excited to sail this ship not anymore.

Not going to win me over on this one...

Yeah, cancel and go back to RCCL. You're setting yourself up for dissappointment otherwise. Good luck - and happy cruising.

Two Wheels - great photos showing the pools!

" Want to spend time in the pool with my kids in the main pool where I want to be" ?

Maybe your kids would enjoy being with other kids, just sayin.

You are going to be on a cruise ship, not a boat. There is a huge difference!

Just to throw in my two cents here.

My family of 6 (4 kids aged 5, 6, 10 & 12) just went on this cruise a few weeks ago. We absolutely loved the ship and would consider going on it again in the future.

There is so much to do, both as a family and as a couple should your children choose to go to the Kids Club at any point during the week.

The main pool is "adults only" until 5 pm but this was never an issue for any of our kids. The younger two loved the splash pad and used the slides extensively (adjacent to the family pool) and the older two also did a lot of swimming in the family pool, both on their own with us nearby watching and with us (although I found it VERY cold all week).

We found for the most part when we would walk by, that the main pool was often busier than the family pool on sea days. There were lots of kids who descended on the main pool as soon as the clock turned to 5:00.

The pools are not as varied and plentiful as we found them to be on the Oasis for example but the Escape is such a great ship overall that it is well worth doing unless you feel that family access to the main pool is a deal-breaker.

Hope this helps in your decision-making and happy new year!

Jill

Idk all I can say is I have sailed ncl 15 years ago and now I'm having second thoughts my wife and I for one aren't getting a spa pass to get away from our kids, and call us over pertective but we will not be letting our kids run wild on the ship without knowing what there up too maybe I should cancel and go back to RCCL I just don't know now , I was pretty excited to sail this ship not anymore....... Thanks for input !
I think you are on the right track; I would cancel and go back to RCCL, especially since you know that their pools are more to your liking.

I also think you should cancel while you are not in the penalty period and book with RCCL. You like the pool setup on their ships, you know what you'll be getting and can be excited about it.

The "adult" (part-time) pool is below...

norwegian-escape_photo17.jpg

and the family pool is below...

kids-pool--v10602755-cc-720.jpg

You will have plenty of time to spend with the kids in the family pool. From certain loungers, you can watch both pools at the same time. You will have no problem hearing the music in the forward pool while watching the kids in the family pool.

Thank you for posting these pictures. I can't wait to sail on the Escape!!

There are plenty of loungers that face the kids pool areas. I used them quite a bit 3 weeks ago. Ship has a lot to offer. 13 of us went, all Diamond and Diamond Plus on RCI; this ship has way more for families and kids that age (we had kids ages 2, 8, 8, 12, 15)

There is no "main pool area". There is a pool deck with two pools. Have fun!

OP.....You seem like the typical loyal royal that likes what they're accustomed to and you don't want to try something new. It's OK, it's better that you don't go on the Escape with bad preconceived ideas and notions because then you're just wasting your hard earned vacation time and dollars and that is never a good thing. Go back to RCI where you like the pools better. I personally prefer the Escape because I like the included drinks and entertainment better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We are booked on escape for aug myself, husband and 13 year old and really looking forward to it after a fantastic time on the epic .

I must agree with others though , it is strange that main pool is adults only till 5 pm ,and the area at the back of the ship adults only .

I'm guessing the slides and rope course are open to adults all day and not just after 5pm

If you like the RCCL set up better, I would cancel and stick with that. We loved Escape as a family last March, so much so that we booked it for this March -- at the airport on the way home last year. : )

Our kids don't like doing the kids or teen club activities or necessarily "trying" to make new friends their ages on trips. They do so quite naturally though. And we love just hanging out together at the pool wherever we are.

I can tell you it was not a problem for us last year. None of us set foot in the adult pool that I can remember. We spent so much time at the kid's pool, riding the waterslides, doing the ropes course and other activities, that it never even concerned us. Plus, there were loungers in the "transition zone" where we could keep an eye on both kids and adult pool areas.

I will tell you, I almost pulled out of the Escape booking right before the final payment to try Harmony of the Seas the same week as prices dropped considerably, making it palatable enough to give it a try. But my wife didn't like the itinerary as much and my kids objected based on the waterslides (no tube slide like the blue one on Escape) and no ropes course. I explained to them it looked like more pools/space and flowrider and they just said, let's try that next time. So, being as we all 4 were happy with it, we stuck with it.

All a matter of personal preference. If it concerns you, I would get out before you have to pay.

This is exactly my point obviously I'm the minority here on this thread though I've never ran into this problem on another boat(ship)I'm trying to look past it and look at the positives

The main pool is 7 feet deep throughout the entire pool. It really isn't conducive to hanging out in the pool with your children. After 2 kids drowned in the pool on the Breakaway, the change was made. Once you see the pool, you will get it. My family all enjoys swimming together in the family pool, which is also located where the slides exit, so we can watch our son come out. Even if the main pool did allow kids, I can't imagine we'd spend time there with him, since the set up doesn't really work.

By the way - people keep referring to a kids pool. There is NO kids pool. There is a family pool that is roughly the same size as the main pool, but not as deep. You can see one from the other. They are basically right together. The family pool is also located near the ginormous kids play area, that is a blast.

Edited by LrgPizza