Crystal Block

I did not get a certificate with my block- should I have? Is it worth asking for if I should have?

We got no certificates for any of our blocks. I would not ask any because I suspect if enough interest is shown in the certificate, the blocks themselves will go away.

In summary, it is up to the Loyality Ambassador (LA) and Hotel Direstor on how they want to handle when you get the crystal block and if you get a certificate. Each ship is different. I have not heard any reliable rumors of RCI doing away with the crystal block program.

In April 2017 while on the Oasis of the Seas, we had our 120th week crystal block delivered to our stateroom. No certificate or mention at the top tier event. On the Serenade in June 2016 for our 110th week cruise, the block was delivered to the stateroom. Again, no certificate or mention at the top tier event.

Two celebrations on the Radiance of the Seas when we made Pinnacle (Sept 2015). As the top cruisers, we Received the 700th crystal block at the top tier event, a certificate, bottle of Champaign, and pictures (with Captain, Staff Captain Hotel Director and LA). Then two days later on our actual 700th day, we had another bigger celebration in the theater with 20+ officers. Had pictures, the larger Pinnacle crystal block, another certificate, and bottle of Champaign. This day was also our 50th Wedding Anniversary and part of the celebration.

Our 90th cruise week crystal block was on the Grandier on the Seas in June 2015. On this one, we received the block at the top tier event, had pictures taken with the Captain and LA, received a certificate, and got a bottle of champagne. We were not the top cruisers. This was our first cruise when we received a certificate.

We received crystal blocks on the Radiance for our 60th and 30th week cruises. They both were given to us at the top tier event and we had pictures taken with the Captain, Hotel Director and LA. No certificate with these two events.

The block was delivered to our stateroom for the following: 80th week cruise in March 2015 (Independence), 70th week cruise in November 2014 (Adventure), 50th week cruise in February 2013 (Jewel), 40th week cruise in August 2011 (Splendour), and 20th week cruise in Sept. 2009 (Freedom).

FYI, if you carry block in your carry on be ready to get questions about it from TSA

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

AND is you pack it in your checked luggage expect to find a TSA letter saying you were searched. Eww!! what a job looking through all those nasty dirty cloth from my cruise looking for something that resembles explosives and finding a lovely crystal.

AND is you pack it in your checked luggage expect to find a TSA letter saying you were searched. Eww!! what a job looking through all those nasty dirty cloth from my cruise looking for something that resembles explosives and finding a lovely crystal.

Just came back from Barcelona with a transfer in Atlanta. Block was in checked bag, no love letter from TSA or their Spanish counterparts. [emoji2]

In summary, it is up to the Loyality Ambassador (LA) and Hotel Direstor on how they want to handle when you get the crystal block and if you get a certificate. Each ship is different.

The block was delivered to our stateroom for the following: 80th week cruise in March 2015 (Independence), 70th week cruise in November 2014 (Adventure), 50th week cruise in February 2013 (Jewel), 40th week cruise in August 2011 (Splendour), and 20th week cruise in Sept. 2009 (Freedom).

I don't understand the 20th week, 40th week , etc blocks. The blocks used to be given based on number of cruises, and then in January 2011 it changed to cruise points starting at 140 points and then another block every 70 points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't understand the 20th week, 40th week , etc blocks. The blocks used to be given based on number of cruises, and then in January 2011 it changed to cruise points starting at 140 points and then another block every 70 points.

I assumed he meant 1 week = 1 cruise

Don't much care about the lack of certificate as unless it was super fancy or something - would have gone into the trash. The block on the other hand is nicely displayed on my dresser just waiting for a partner :-) Hopefully next year the second block will be joining the first.

Bob if 140 Points is for your first Block, we should get one following our July Liberty sailing. We have 138 right now. We will finally reach D+ next April when we sail the first cruise of a B2B on the Oasis.

Gay

You should get your first block on (not after) the Liberty cruise. Speak to the LA early in the cruise and confirm you are on the milestone list.

Sorry for the confusion. You are correct -- first crystal block at 140 points. Before RCI's change, one needed 20 points to get a crystal block. For us, it worked out to be our 20th week of cruising.

Almost all of our cruises have been 7 day cruises. We look forward in getting a crystal block after 70 days of cruising. We got our last block after achieving 841 points, which happened to be our 120th cruise.

Maybe before it changed in 2011, but these days there is no correlation to weeks or cruises.
Sailing in a "regular" (non suite) cabin 1 point = 1 night and 140 points = 140 nights. Last time I checked 140 nights = 20 weeks. Sure seems like some correlation to me.

Sailing in a "regular" (non suite) cabin 1 point = 1 night and 140 points = 140 nights. Last time I checked 140 nights = 20 weeks. Sure seems like some correlation to me.

True, but solo bonus and suite bonus mess that up. And don't forget the fact that originally you also got same credit on 3 nights as you did on 10 nights.

929644a6094b1a874db323e02e6c090e.jpg

And the conversion bonus.

d9275254041175244b06e652750d29cc.jpg

If all your cruises are 7 nights. Over a third of mine are 12 nights or longer. I gave up counting # of cruises a long time ago. Getting my 14th Block soon.

When I was recently on the Grandeur, we were to get our 350 pt. block. I asked the LA on board, who was very rude the whole cruise, told us we weren't "on the list to get one". She said we shouldn't get it until our next cruise. I said I will call C&A when I get home. She said, yes, do that. I know you are to get it on the day the points are achieved. Why would I want a block of a ship where I didn't achieve that milestone. Anyway, we did get our block on that cruise, even though we were not "on the list". She was the most unfriendly Loyalty Ambassador that I ever dealt with. I'm not the only one to have had problems with her. She was rude to several people I talked to.

I did call C&A when I got home to clarify it and you are to get it on the cruise you are on when you reach that milestone......

Gwen [emoji3]

She really is a piece of work. This past winter we were on B5B and were to be due a block on the 3rd leg. I spoke to here about it during the first cruise to give her a heads up because I knew we would not be on the list because point do not update for a couple weeks. Instead of taking down my information she told me to "come back that cruise and remind me" She was very nice about it when I came back but I should not have needed to.

If all your cruises are 7 nights...
Try reading what I said again. It had NOTHING to do with length of cruises. IF you get 1 point per night (which the vast majority of RCI cruisers [not suites, not solos] do) any and all sailings for those sailing only since 2011 take 140 nights (otherwise known as 20 weeks) to get their first crystal block. There is a strong (but not for suites or solos or non-revenue) correlation between weeks and Crystal Blocks despite your statement that "... these days there is no correlation to weeks..."

Wow, at that price I should put ours up for sale, might be enough for a cruise!

The guy selling it is named Bob....

I never got my 210 block last week.....even though i was told i was on the "list". Guess i need to call.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The guy selling it is named Bob....

I never got my 210 block last week.....even though i was told i was on the "list". Guess i need to call.

Did the LA say they would leave it in your stateroom? I've read many about people never getting them this way.