Crystal Block

Is this something new? Are they giving certificates with all the blocks now? We will get our next one in July on Liberty.

I would not be surprised if the certificates replaced the blocks soon.

I got the TSA carry-on inspection last month in Ft. Lauderdale. They questioned my Harmony block and and gave me a pat-down.

Perhaps, they just wanted to pat you down. Ft Lauderdale TSA should be quite familar with the crystal blocks. I've never had a problem there.

I would not be surprised if the certificates replaced the blocks soon.

I don't like to report second-hand stuff, but a friend just off the Serenade TA told me that were handing out certificates only. I'm wondering if its possible the blocks were to follow later.

If a change in policy, maybe this could be confirmed first-hand by someone.

I received a block for 210 points onboard anthem a couple of weeks ago and I was only at 190 pts. I didn't get a certificate though. I'm at 202 now and am wondering if they'll give me another block during my next cruise when I actually hit 210.

I would say there's a good chance you get another block.

I would say there's a good chance you get another block.

Bob, refresh my memory please. Didn't the block awards originally start at a higher number. Also, on a couple recent sailings it seems that certificates were only given to the person with the highest points receiving a block.

Bob, refresh my memory please. Didn't the block awards originally start at a higher number. Also, on a couple recent sailings it seems that certificates were only given to the person with the highest points receiving a block.

The block awards used to start at 30 cruise credits and every 10 credits thereafter. Some reported getting an Enchantment block at 20 cruise credits, but that was the only ship I recall that gave the block at 20.

When Royal changed from credits to points, they also changed the start to 140 cruise points.

The block awards used to start at 30 cruise credits and every 10 credits thereafter. Some reported getting an Enchantment block at 20 cruise credits, but that was the only ship I recall that gave the block at 20.

When Royal changed from credits to points, they also changed the start to 140 cruise points.

That is about what I thought as I have a vague memory of getting the first one at 210.

I don't like to report second-hand stuff, but a friend just off the Serenade TA told me that were handing out certificates only. I'm wondering if its possible the blocks were to follow later.

If a change in policy, maybe this could be confirmed first-hand by someone.

Like I said earlier, we got the certificate and the block. Serenade was having issues last year keeping up with blocks and there was a back log. Or maybe they were doing folks a favor and mailing them home since they were on a TA. :confused:

e7440f82b27333b65db9d07e01da6b5c.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Would say possibly that majority of Serenade cruises longer duration and passengers are frequent higher C&A longer cruises they give out more and might run out. I did B2B2B2B2B last fall and got 2 Serenade blocks myself. Also remember more then couple threads on here couple different times and ships running out Blocks, Passengers got an IOU with Blocks getting mailed to their homes later...

I turned Platinum three cruises ago. Never got a pin. Oh, the last night of our last cruise we got a pin. Great. 1 night shy of Emerald and they give me my Platinum pin. I just figured it was a cost saving method such as a way to pay for Pinnacles to get name tags. At least they get one per person. The Platinum pin is apparently one per household. :rolleyes:

We turned Diamond on our last cruise. We have never gotten any pins as a matter of fact we never knew they existed until our traveling companions received their Emerald one. Who knew??:)

We turned Diamond on our last cruise. We have never gotten any pins as a matter of fact we never knew they existed until our traveling companions received their Emerald one. Who knew??:)

We have never received any pins either. We hit the 140 on our last cruise and received a letter in the stateroom from the LA explaining that they had run out of blocks and one would be sent to us from head office. Still waiting ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Somewhere around the end of 09 or beginning of 10 they started issuing a block at 20 cruises. We had recently completed our 20th cruise on the Serenade, so I inquired with C&A if I was entitled to one. They sent a Serenade block and had the postman present it!:D

Somewhere around the end of 09 or beginning of 10 they started issuing a block at 20 cruises. We had recently completed our 20th cruise on the Serenade, so I inquired with C&A if I was entitled to one. They sent a Serenade block and had the postman present it!:D

Might have been part of the changes that kicked Diamond level guests out of the Concierge Lounge.

You are correct and it needs to be out, not inside a carry on. A word to the wise, if you are carrying the block with your carry-on bags when you check through security at the airport, be sure and have the block out and send it through in a bin. I had mine in the bottom of my back pack and they searched it because they noticed something when it went through the scanner. They took everything out of the backpack, opened the box and used the little piece of cloth and wiped the block and ran it through the analyzer. I kept wondering the whole time who might have touched it before we got it. Everything was fine but I will keep them out next time.

It wasn't until the third time my crystal block triggered a search of my carry-on luggage that I asked what the problem was. The fellow explained that the 'crystal' in the block shows as a dark, black object in my luggage and they can't see what it is on the scanner. Lesson learned.....separate it from the luggage anytime I have one. Easy enough to do.

We just received our 140 block on the Explorer TP. Was left on the bed with a certificate. Just went through security at SeaTac. Was worried and warned DH they might search. Nothing!! Bag went right through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk