Crystal Block

You'd be surprised how much people don't pay attention to things.

To this date I almost always get questioned by the onboard bartenders when I want to trade in my warm gift Corona for a cold one on day 1. They almost always ask where I got a beer from. :rolleyes:

Must be something about you John. ;) We never get questioned, they just swap us cold ones, with limes.

To this date I almost always get questioned by the onboard bartenders when I want to trade in my warm gift Corona for a cold one on day 1. They almost always ask where I got a beer from. :rolleyes:

Must be something about you John. ;) We never get questioned, they just swap us cold ones, with limes.

Never had a problem switching either!!!:)

Agree...if it's the same LA...that is NOT the right job for her. :eek:

No, two different ladies. The Serenade one in Feb. 2016 was Karen and the Grandeur one now in Dec. was Leyza. Neither were very helpful and needed to learn "people" skills.

Sent from my L9 using Tapatalk

LOL!! Just tell them you brewed it and labeled it yourself in the cabin. :p

Bucky's gift choice is a Heineken. I leave it in the "almost cold" little fridge,

until it eventually gets a little colder. Then I plunge it into our ice bucket

that I keep on hand for my dragged on bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. A glass

of wine and Bucky's beer on the balcony goes oh no nice on a lazy sea

day afternoon. ;)

Edited by island lady

No, two different ladies. The Serenade one in Feb. 2016 was Karen and the Grandeur one now in Dec. was Leyza. Neither were very helpful and needed to learn "people" skills.

Maybe they are sisters. ;) Both need to be put in different careers! :eek:

• 1 month later...
When I was recently on the Grandeur, we were to get our 350 pt. block. I asked the LA on board, who was very rude the whole cruise, told us we weren't "on the list to get one". She said we shouldn't get it until our next cruise. I said I will call C&A when I get home. She said, yes, do that. I know you are to get it on the day the points are achieved. Why would I want a block of a ship where I didn't achieve that milestone. Anyway, we did get our block on that cruise, even though we were not "on the list". She was the most unfriendly Loyalty Ambassador that I ever dealt with. I'm not the only one to have had problems with her. She was rude to several people I talked to.

I did call C&A when I got home to clarify it and you are to get it on the cruise you are on when you reach that milestone......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Grandeur and she must be reading from a script, because that is the same thing she told us. We told her to check it out further and we got our block about 3 days later.

We were just on the Harmony & achieved our 210 cruise points. Even though we were in a Grand Suite, & had

emailed the concierge prior to the cruise who stated he had informed the LA, we did not get our crystal block.

I emailed the C & A desk & they have replied they will now send it to us. I sure hope it says Harmony on it. Guess I should have talked to the LA while on board. Live & learn. :)

We will be on Adventure for a back to back starting Feb.18. On the Feb. 25 the cruise we will reach 350 points.

It will be interesting how it is handled.

I'll report back

Best to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the 2/25 cruise, as they will likely get a list of milestone guests from Miami that does not take into account the 2/18 cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We received our 350 block yesterday. I did speak with Claudia the Loyalty Ambassador early this week.

Lunch for 340 and higher points was in the dining room and was very good.

So we're half way to Pinnacle.

Safe seas and tranquil waters.

Chris and Carl

Hi! We received our 350 block yesterday. I did speak with Claudia the Loyalty Ambassador early this week.

Chris and Carl

Congratulations Chris and Carl. We got our 350 certificate on our Feb. cruise. The luncheon was really nice.

Now onto Pinnacle........ha, ha! I'm happy with what I have now. Will never reach Pinnacle, that's for sure.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll reach 210 on our upcoming Brilliance. Wonder if I ignore (if they don't give me one on board) & get an Anthem block when on board on our next cruise.

Even if you miss the block on Brilliance, C&A will send you a block of the ship you were on when you reached 210 points.

• 3 weeks later...

Chris and Carl

Congrats for receiving your 350 block. Carl and I are still a little bit of a distance to even receive our first block. To be honest, I only heard about them within this past year. Who says ignorance isn't bliss?

Cindy

Not like FLL TSA has never seen one before.:eek:

FLL must have the highest percentage of cruisers to non-cruisers of any airport. On a typical winter weekend there are 10,000 people getting off RCI. I don't know how many of these fly, but assume 50%. Don't know how many are Diamond, but IME there are a lot of Ds, and probably about 10% of the total passenger load has reached 140 C&A points. Passengers who have gotten to Block status get a block on average every 10 cruises (actually higher than that since Suite passengers get one every 5 weeks). Assume further that every Block handed out goes to a couple (cutting the number in half).

(10,000 Passengers)*(0.10 in Block range)*(0.10 of in Block range getting a Block that cruise)*(0.5 for 1 Block per couple) = 50 blocks arriving at Port Everglades every winter weekend day and approximately 25 RCI Crystal Blocks going through security at FLL every winter weekend day. Wake up TSA:rolleyes:

We got TSA PRE and the TSA took my block out too-said they'd never seen one before. They did take a swab to it to check for drugs too.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone interested in trading one of their duplicate RCI Crystal Blocks? I would like to trade one of my duplicates (Radiance, Adventure, Oasis) for one I do not have (Sovereign, Empress, Majesty, Enchantment, Explorer, Mariner, Navigator, Voyager, Liberty or Allure).

If interested in trading, let me know. Or send me an e-mail at: delitchfield at aol dot com.

First time I have ever received or seen a certificate to go with a block.

I tried to load a picture, but no luck.

630 points.:)

Now to book our Pinnacle cruise.:)

Aussie Frequent Floaters.

First time I have ever received or seen a certificate to go with a block.

I tried to load a picture, but no luck.

630 points.:)

Now to book our Pinnacle cruise.:)

Aussie Frequent Floaters.

630 in September, 700 in October.

20c4baffc683d20a642518fb2e430e6a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app