AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Has anyone who's ordered the gift cards from Allstate recently had any trouble getting them in a timely fashion? Someone in another thread said the last two times they've ordered, they took about six weeks and he kept getting the run-around from Allstate. They supposedly told him things like they're on the way, or you didn't even order any, to they've already been delivered. He says this happened two times in a row. At least one of them was a very large order (between $1,000 - $2,500 according to him), but I'm not sure if both were that much. He doesn't specify, but it doesn't appear he's an Allstate customer. Has anyone else had trouble getting them, customer or not?

We'd never order that much at once, we have to spread ours out, but I don't want any hassle from them regardless. Especially since I'm not a customer because I feel like they won't be quite as attentive to those of us who aren't. Considering it looks like they might have reserved e-cards for customers only.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Has anyone who's ordered the gift cards from Allstate recently had any trouble getting them in a timely fashion? Someone in another thread said the last two times they've ordered, they took about six weeks and he kept getting the run-around from Allstate. They supposedly told him things like they're on the way, or you didn't even order any, to they've already been delivered. He says this happened two times in a row. At least one of them was a very large order (between $1,000 - $2,500 according to him), but I'm not sure if both were that much. He doesn't specify, but it doesn't appear he's an Allstate customer. Has anyone else had trouble getting them, customer or not?

We'd never order that much at once, we have to spread ours out, but I don't want any hassle from them regardless. Especially since I'm not a customer because I feel like they won't be quite as attentive to those of us who aren't. Considering it looks like they might have reserved e-cards for customers only.

This is not good to hear. I ordered 4-$100 cards Friday for onboard and gratuity. We sail 2 weeks from today. Hope they get here in time. Now, im a Tad worried. 😬

Edited by MeganGC1983

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This is not good to hear. I ordered 4-$100 cards Friday for onboard and gratuity. We sail 2 weeks from today. Hope they get here in time. Now, morning worried. 😬

Keep your fingers crossed that you get them in time.  Otherwise, it's a lesson learned not to procrastinate and you'll have to use them towards your deposit on your next Carnival cruise.

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Keep your fingers crossed that you get them in time.  Otherwise, it's a lesson learned not to procrastinate and you'll have to use them towards your deposit on your next Carnival cruise.

I mean, I wouldn’t call it procrastinating. Something that has never taken more than 3-5 days to get and giving it 13 “mail days” to get here. Procrastination is a much more serious word to me, I guess. Procrastination would be ordering the week of to me. 

Megan & O. Chaos, I ordered my first card it took two weeks. Ordered a 500 and the same day ordered 4 more 500's. received my first 500.00 and then received email the day after saying all the cards would be mailed together. Dug through trash looking for them. A few hours later the other four showed up no signature required although I signed for the first one. After that ordered three 100's and they came in about three days. The hundred dollar ones come USPS, The 500 ones come UPS. That may be the difference. :classic_unsure::classic_mellow: Cabo Bob & Bobette

• Thanks 1

I ordered 4 - $100 gift cards on March 8, I didn't receive them until March 19. I was determined they were lost in the mail because  in February I ordered the same amount and it only took 5 days. Not sure what's going on with shipping this month. 

8 minutes ago, CABO BOB said:

My guess is that they are overselling the cards and need to ship them when they get in.:classic_mellow:

That certainly could be a possibility. In the past, Allstate & AARP would pull them from their websites when they were out of stock. Then we'd have to wait about 2 weeks for more. But in the last several months, maybe a year, they seem to always be listed. Maybe they've changed it to allowing continuous orders, but waiting to restock if necessary.

Six weeks seems quite excessive, but if that's what he experienced, I'm sure hoping that was a fluke (even though he said it happened twice) or maybe because of it being such a large order. Along the lines of what you said, Cabo, maybe they had to wait to restock in order to fulfill his order.

We have only ever ordered from AARP. No specific reason why, just how it's been. I just rack up points with Allstate and keep it as a spare cache, I guess. But our next cruise is with members of my wife's family and she wants to use some of the points to let her cousin buy some gift cards. I might have to dip into my Allstate cache if that's the case. I also told my wife..."Or, we can just show her how to do it herself. There's still plenty of time." 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

it doesn't appear he's an Allstate customer. Has anyone else had trouble getting them, customer or not?

I assumed one would need to be an Allstate customer (with a policy) to participate in their rewards program. Is that not true?

2 minutes ago, Shamrock73 said:

I assumed one would need to be an Allstate customer (with a policy) to participate in their rewards program. Is that not true?

That is not true. Anyone can participate in their program and get their gift cards. Just like AARP. 

3 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

That is not true. Anyone can participate in their program and get their gift cards. Just like AARP. 

Any chance someone could give me the link?

The one I have is asking for my policy # to create an account

3 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

The only hypothesis is that you need to be an Allstate customer in order to get access to the ecards, anybody that has accumulated points can redeem for the hard cards.

Hey guys, thanks for this thread!  I signed up about 10 days ago.  I am not an Allstate customer, but I was able to accumulate 9,000 points from the sign up bonus and codes posted to this thread.  I used them to buy $900 in physical gift cards for $810, since every 1,000 points equals $10 off of every $100 in gift cards. Since I owed about $900 on my September cruise, I bought 1 $500 and 4 $100 cards, which were received.  It took about two days to get the confirmation email after placing the order, and then about 5 days for the cards to be received via UPS.  Everything worked fine on the Carnival website, although I did notice that the cards were sequentially numbered.  However, a PIN was required, so maybe some of the fraud issues reported earlier have been resolved.  Also, when I logged back in to my rewards account, I noticed I got an additional 10,000 pts just for leaving the app installed for a few days (something about no hard breaking or accidents detected by the app for a set number of days).  While it seems you don't need to keep the app installed to continue to load your account with promo codes, you may snag some extra points by leaving it active for a week or so.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LightCruiser210 said:

Hey guys, thanks for this thread!  I signed up about 10 days ago.  I am not an Allstate customer, but I was able to accumulate 9,000 points from the sign up bonus and codes posted to this thread.  I used them to buy $900 in physical gift cards for $810, since every 1,000 points equals $10 off of every $100 in gift cards. Since I owed about $900 on my September cruise, I bought 1 $500 and 4 $100 cards, which were received.  It took about two days to get the confirmation email after placing the order, and then about 5 days for the cards to be received via UPS.  Everything worked fine on the Carnival website, although I did notice that the cards were sequentially numbered.  However, a PIN was required, so maybe some of the fraud issues reported earlier have been resolved.  Also, when I logged back in to my rewards account, I noticed I got an additional 10,000 pts just for leaving the app installed for a few days (something about no hard breaking or accidents detected by the app for a set number of days).  While it seems you don't need to keep the app installed to continue to load your account with promo codes, you may snag some extra points by leaving it active for a week or so.   

Welcome to the discount card club. 🙂 They've had PINs for as long as I've been getting them. If you're referring to the fraudulent eBay sales, those cards probably had PINs too. But I think what was happening was, individuals were selling gift cards with no funds on them. You have no way of knowing until you receive the card. By then you've already paid and would have to go through the eBay refund claim process. It's best just to avoid them. Except for the ones I mentioned that are sold by PayPal. Not sure if I mentioned them here or on the AARP thread (maybe both). Last year, a company called PayPal Digital Gifts, owned by PayPal that sells digital gift cards, sold $100 Carnival cards for 15% off. That one's definitely legit. It was a limit of 3 and you had to pay via PayPal (which is free to sign up). I think they ran that sale twice in May, one right after the other. Hoping they do it again.

You're seeing the results of the Drivewise feature of the app. It uses location services to track your driving. Something from Allstate that's supposed to reward safe driving. Yes, you do get points for not hard breaking and keeping it under 85mph (I think). After a few days of that, you get points. But if you don't want it tracking you, be sure to deactivate Drivewise or delete the app.