What do you like about Concierge Class?

Cruisy McGee

Since I'm new here, let me preface with a little background. Our upcoming cruise is my 3rd and my husband's first. My first cruise was almost 30 years ago on Carnival (I was a teenager - it was fine - no need to repeat), second was 2 years ago on Princess (girls trip - good time). My husband and I are planning a cruise to Alaska this summer. We've been to Alaska, but not on a cruise.

So here is my question: if you book Concierge Class (S-class ship), what do you enjoy about it that makes it worth the extra money? We are currently booked in a 1A, but considering a C2 in the same location, different deck.

Please note that I am not looking to hear what a waste of money CC is, only what makes it worthwhile to those of you who choose to book it.

Thank you in advance for your insight.

We've done several cruises with X and with one exception all have been CC...

we like it because:

1. lunch in the MDR on departure day. We absolutely HATE having to walk around with a plate full of food looking for a table.

2. 5 points per night towards loyalty level.

3. location...we always go for either stern facing cabins or hump depending on ship.

4. fresh fruit every day.

5. expedited boarding and luggage delivery (most of the time)

6. but NOT the canapes at 4 every day...they are dreck!!!!! :D

Edited by Hydrokitty

Priority boarding, private luncheon in MDR on embarkation day, bottle of bubbly in your room, use of binoculars and umbrella (particularly useful in Alaska), afternoon savories delivered to your room, dedicated concierge are the main ones along with 5 instead of 3 captains club points per night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the quick responses. I know my husband will not like carting carry-on luggage around the buffet and would find the sparkling wine a nice touch. Expedited boarding would help him, too. I will appreciate fruit and footstools.

This is my husband's first cruise and I'm hoping it's not his last. I want him to love it so we can cruise more often and a little extra pampering might go a long way! ;)

Best if all is the expanded room service breakfast menu. On a port intensive cruise, like AK, it is nice having breakfast delivered to your stateroom so you don't have to fight the morning crowds at the buffet.

Is this a listed perk of CC? On the brochure I've seen, it's only a listed perk for AQ, not CC. Also, what are the expanded options? Thanks!

I found Concierge class to be a waste of money. The Canapes are a waste, the lunch on embarkation day is nice but so is the buffet. The expedited boarding too longer than the regular line the one time we used it. The champagne is not very good. I don't see the value in Concierge when it cost another few hundred $$ more than a regular Veranda.

I will do AQ again, there is some value with the Blu dining and the Persian Garden. But Concierge only if the cost is about the same as a regular Veranda cabin. I do have a concierge booked on a Australia cruise next year and the only reason I did it was because it was actually cheaper than the Veranda cabin we wanted when we booked.

Please note that I am not looking to hear what a waste of money CC is, only what makes it worthwhile to those of you who choose to book it.

I found Concierge class to be a waste of money. The Canapes are a waste, the lunch on embarkation day is nice but so is the buffet. The expedited boarding too longer than the regular line the one time we used it. The champagne is not very good. I don't see the value in Concierge when it cost another few hundred $$ more than a regular Veranda.

I will do AQ again, there is some value with the Blu dining and the Persian Garden. But Concierge only if the cost is about the same as a regular Veranda cabin. I do have a concierge booked on a Australia cruise next year and the only reason I did it was because it was actually cheaper than the Veranda cabin we wanted when we booked.

I guess you overlooked the OPs request ( quoted above) :rolleyes:

I guess you overlooked the OPs request ( quoted above) :rolleyes:

It's kind of hard not to do that when most of perks of Concierge are just fluff. Expediated boarding is just a separate line in check in sometimes regular cabins are shorter. Canapes are terrible, almost everyone now gets the same breakfast with maybe the excepti0n of smoothies. The really important point that was not mentioned is what ship they are doing, an M class or and S class. If doing the M class they can get some cabins in good locations with larger veranda's, if S class, no difference really in veranda or Concierge.

It's kind of hard not to do that when most of perks of Concierge are just fluff. Expediated boarding is just a separate line in check in sometimes regular cabins are shorter. Canapes are terrible, almost everyone now gets the same breakfast with maybe the excepti0n of smoothies. The really important point that was not mentioned is what ship they are doing, an M class or and S class. If doing the M class they can get some cabins in good locations with larger veranda's, if S class, no difference really in veranda or Concierge.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And that is fine, since everyone will have a different opinion of the perceived value of any given thing. We find that many of the listed perks for CC, in addition to cabin location, make it worthwhile for us. And I do think there are better cabin locations on S class ships in CC vs standard balcony. Again, personal preference comes into play.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And that is fine, since everyone will have a different opinion of the perceived value of any given thing. We find that many of the listed perks for CC, in addition to cabin location, make it worthwhile for us. And I do think there are better cabin locations on S class ships in CC vs standard balcony. Again, personal preference comes into play.

I agree with Mom. And if OP is trying to convince DH that he loves cruising then I think CC is a good place to start.....unless you go to a suite, but that's a whole new level.....but it all comes down to what you consider worth the money and what you don't and we're all different. One man's fluff is another man's necessity. :D

Edited by Hydrokitty

If you are in an M class ship the room is larger than a veranda. Definitely do room service for breakfast and order orange juice. Then use the sparkling wine to make mimosas

You can request your room steward to replace the savories with cheese and crackers.

We haven't cruised CC in a while (mostly cruise AQ) but if it's not that much more I think the boarding lunch in the MDR would definitely be worth it.

I agree with Mom. And if OP is trying to convince DH that he loves cruising then I think CC is a good place to start.....unless you go to a suite, but that's a whole new level.....but it all comes down to what you consider worth the money and what you don't and we're all different. One man's fluff is another man's necessity. :D

I agree with hydrokitty. If your goal is to have your DJ enjoy his first cruise, he certainly will with concierge.

If you are newer to celebrity and aren't a high level in captain's club, the 5pt vs 3pt may be worth it to you -- achieving select, or elite, there are benefits which you might like to take advantage of later.

I always debate myself: veranda vs. concierge -- I always end up in concierge. I think the overall sum of all the little things really enhances the overall feel for me of having a great cruise.

Having said all that, I also agree: it depends on if you can afford it and feel those little things are worth it. If money is tight, you'll have a fine time in verandah. No point in paying more for the little things in concierge if the $$ stresses you out....

Regarding check in: I've always had a very fast check-in as concierge.

Oh! I also recently read, that you can request cheese and crackers instead of canapés. I'm going to try that next time, as I agree they're not for everyone's taste. They bring 4 items (1 of each) - I usually don't mind 1 or 2. Never had one that I can't wait to have again though.

Hope your DH (and you) have a great celebrity experience.

Priority boarding, private luncheon in MDR on embarkation day, bottle of bubbly in your room, use of binoculars and umbrella (particularly useful in Alaska), afternoon savories delivered to your room, dedicated concierge are the main ones along with 5 instead of 3 captains club points per night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Celebrity has never, as far as I know, had a dedicated concierge for concierge class.....each ship has one concierge and they handle all requests from the entire ship.

Since I'm new here, let me preface with a little background. Our upcoming cruise is my 3rd and my husband's first. My first cruise was almost 30 years ago on Carnival (I was a teenager - it was fine - no need to repeat), second was 2 years ago on Princess (girls trip - good time). My husband and I are planning a cruise to Alaska this summer. We've been to Alaska, but not on a cruise.

So here is my question: if you book Concierge Class (S-class ship), what do you enjoy about it that makes it worth the extra money? We are currently booked in a 1A, but considering a C2 in the same location, different deck.

Thank you in advance for your insight.

Aqua class is often more expensive than concierge class. However the best advice I can give you is to treat each and every sailing on its own merits. Ignore sweeping statements.

Sometimes Aqua Class can be cheaper than concierge or only very slightly more expensive so pay attention to AQ cabins also because you are obviously looking for added value to your cruise and AQ does trump CC in that respect. In short, don't write it off instead of CC where the added benefits really are just fluff unless you really like the cabin location etc.

I'm going to suggest an alternative....book a 1A cabin....many of which have significantly larger balconies. (get the first one off the hump if you can). Most of the concierge perks really aren't worth much...they are more marketing than really big deals. It may sound silly, but the biggest difference is that 1A's don't have a foot stool on the balcony. Other than that, the cabins are identical. I think your choice should be between a 1A and an Aqua class cabin...the big difference being that aqua class folks have their own very good dining room which really makes the cruise seem like you are on a smaller ship. Excellent breakfasts, good service...worth some extra. Of course how much extra is a personal decision....we're comfortable paying about $200 more per person on a 10 night cruise...others give it different value.

You'll have a great cruise no matter which cabin/class you pick. Enjoy

I'm going to suggest an alternative....book a 1A cabin....many of which have significantly larger balconies. (get the first one off the hump if you can). Most of the concierge perks really aren't worth much...they are more marketing than really big deals. It may sound silly, but the biggest difference is that 1A's don't have a foot stool on the balcony. Other than that, the cabins are identical. I think your choice should be between a 1A and an Aqua class cabin...the big difference being that aqua class folks have their own very good dining room which really makes the cruise seem like you are on a smaller ship. Excellent breakfasts, good service...worth some extra. Of course how much extra is a personal decision....we're comfortable paying about $200 more per person on a 10 night cruise...others give it different value.

You'll have a great cruise no matter which cabin/class you pick. Enjoy

I have found that most times when comparing prices, the 1A comes in at nearly the same - or sometimes even more than - the C3 or C2 cabins. And as a relative newbie in the Captains Club point category - those extra 2 points per day really are helpful. Maybe once I hit Select, then it won't matter so much to me, but there are several perks at the Select level (invitations to special events, etc.) that have me booking either CC or AQ class cabins to help me get to that level. (Suites are just not in my budget...)

I have found that most times when comparing prices, the 1A comes in at nearly the same - or sometimes even more than - the C3 or C2 cabins. And as a relative newbie in the Captains Club point category - those extra 2 points per day really are helpful. Maybe once I hit Select, then it won't matter so much to me, but there are several perks at the Select level (invitations to special events, etc.) that have me booking either CC or AQ class cabins to help me get to that level. (Suites are just not in my budget...)

Agreed....the points towards captain's club levels are another big plus for those that plan to cruise often...Sorry, I forgot that (we'll never get to the next level so I stopped caring about points).

We actually booked C2 on our next cruise (at C3 price..thanks you captain's club) because at the time, they were offering "better" vs "good" if we booked concierge or aqua. Now they're offering it at all veranda (and outside, I think) levels....but we paid less so no complaints. I looked at changing to a 1A on the slant and it would now cost us more.