Miami Hotel?

iticlaudia

The Marriott at the airport has a cruise package that includes free transport from the airport to the hotel, overnight and then free transport to the cruise port.

They offer a free shuttle from the airport(hint, go up to the international arrivals door where it picks up first, otherwise it might be full and pass you by) without buying the extra package, and Uber from the hotel to the port is about $12-$15. The actual value of the package is in the free breakfast.

The difference in cost for the date I'm going(middle of Apr) between the Senior rate with no package and the Cruise package is $46. It's almost a wash, maybe a little better as the buffet with tip would be around $45 or $50.

I've stayed there, as well as the Courtyard next door, and will be staying at the Residence Inn in the same complex in Apr, but I wouldn't call any of them, or the area my favorite. It is a self contained complex of 3 or 4 Marriott properties with no other restaurants or things to do in walking distance. If you stay at a downtown property there are all kinds of things to do.

I'm not picking on your suggestion, as you can see I'm staying there, but simply because it's an economical option, and all I really want is a place to spend the night and grab a quick breakfast before going to the ship. If you want to actually do anything in Miami I'd suggest a downtown hotel or South Beach or Miami Beach area. Of course there's many places I haven't stayed but we really enjoyed the Intercontinental, as others have mentioned. Not just the property but the area also.

Intercontinental or Marriott Biscayne..

Jancruz1

Marriott Marrriott Marquis or Biscayne for its out door patio dining in the marina and its excellent club floors... heck you get breakfast and dinner thrown in.... and no one beats Marriott beds...