Dinner attire - men/boys in nice shorts?

Houstonmom1

Troy, if you haven't noticed yet, but this thread has been banished to the Cruise Fashions and Beauty area.......the Siberia of CC. Or is it the Fargo, North Dakota, of Cruise Critic. :D

Those posters are not responding to you because they might show a weakened stance. They are not responding to you because e they can't find you. And who in their right mind wants to visit Fargo in February? I have an excuse I'm Canadian, and Fargo is practially Miami for us. :)

Yes, many seem to remain quiet on this subject as I have seen those wanting to stick to old traditions, would be the first to ignore a request from Royal to board by deck/cabin times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, many seem to remain quiet on this subject as I have seen those wanting to stick to old traditions, would be the first to ignore a request from Royal to board by deck/cabin times.

Not really true. I am not wanting to stick to old traditions and I would be the first to ignore a request by Royal to board by deck/cabin times. Not only would I be the first, I have actually ignored such request by Royal and Celebrity. Celebrity sent me three emails, three text messages and left three voice mails and I still ignored their request. As someone else said there is something to be said for not being a sheep and blindly following rules without questioning their logic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troy, if you haven't noticed yet, but this thread has been banished to the Cruise Fashions and Beauty area.......the Siberia of CC. Or is it the Fargo, North Dakota, of Cruise Critic. :D

Those posters are not responding to you because they might show a weakened stance. They are not responding to you because e they can't find you. And who in their right mind wants to visit Fargo in February? I have an excuse I'm Canadian, and Fargo is practially Miami for us. :)

Lol!! DirtyDawg--this has nothing to do with the ongoing post about what to wear in the MDR. I had to comment on your statement as to who wants to visit Fargo in February! My sentiments exactly, but my protests feel on deaf ears to my daughter. I will be traveling to Minot, ND---worse than Fargo--next February to babysit my daughter's children while she and her hubby cruise out of Galveston! A very cruel ending after MY cruise out of Miami in January!!

Not really true. I am not wanting to stick to old traditions and I would be the first to ignore a request by Royal to board by deck/cabin times. Not only would I be the first, I have actually ignored such request by Royal and Celebrity. Celebrity sent me three emails, three text messages and left three voice mails and I still ignored their request. As someone else said there is something to be said for not being a sheep and blindly following rules without questioning their logic.

I think Troy's point was that a lot of the defenders of 'obey the dress code' suggestions would break the boarding time suggestions if they felt the boarding time suggestions were illogical (in their view). Just like on the Celebrity board when the new 7AM 'out of your cabin on disembarkation morning' suggestion was discussed. Many of the same posters who want everyone to adhere to the dress code, age of children in adult areas, etc. were the first to shout out "no way I'm not leaving by 7AM, they'll have to throw me out!"

People pick and choose want rules they choose to follow. Unfortunately, some people feel it's fine for them to not follow rules some rules but they feel that society will crumble it others don't follow the rules they happen to like.

The 'old fashion traditions' were fine in their day. What irritates me most, isn't that they have a dress code for dinner, is that it isn't enforce. If they would have adjusted in some way to today's traveler they would probably have much less resistance from cruisers. If a company is going to have a dress code, then have it followed....but make the dress code one that people that fits today's cruiser.

Between our overall society being more relaxed as far as dress (sometimes relaxed too too much), and the costs of extra luggage when flying.....the dress code is 'out of step' with our times.

We too have paid no attention to the 'boarding time' notifications we have received in the past years. We board as early as we can and it is OUR way of making sure that others find less people in line later....since we will already be enjoying the ship while watching the later arrivers.

I think Troy's point was that a lot of the defenders of 'obey the dress code' suggestions would break the boarding time suggestions if they felt the boarding time suggestions were illogical (in their view). Just like on the Celebrity board when the new 7AM 'out of your cabin on disembarkation morning' suggestion was discussed. Many of the same posters who want everyone to adhere to the dress code, age of children in adult areas, etc. were the first to shout out "no way I'm not leaving by 7AM, they'll have to throw me out!"

People pick and choose want rules they choose to follow. Unfortunately, some people feel it's fine for them to not follow rules some rules but they feel that society will crumble it others don't follow the rules they happen to like.

Thank you. Very well stated. Some like to pick and choose what rules they follow to fit their own needs.

Lol!! DirtyDawg--this has nothing to do with the ongoing post about what to wear in the MDR. I had to comment on your statement as to who wants to visit Fargo in February! My sentiments exactly, but my protests feel on deaf ears to my daughter. I will be traveling to Minot, ND---worse than Fargo--next February to babysit my daughter's children while she and her hubby cruise out of Galveston! A very cruel ending after MY cruise out of Miami in January!!

Yikes! Brrrr!:eek:

I just picked Fargo because to sounded good 'Fargo in February'. That and the American readers here on CC might not have gottin 'Flin Flon in February'.

(Head straight North from Minot for about 500 miles)

Now that's BRRRRRRRR!

Come on. We want to know what you deleted. I think you are one of the ones to say buy pants. Lol

What would you do if Royal asked you to board by Deck/Cabin, specific times ??? Would you comply??

Absolutely! And my deleted post was not meant for this board.

So, if you were asked or requested to board at designated times by deck/cabin, would you abide by this request or just ignore???

As stated above Absolutely, we like to board After the cabins are available and the crowds are gone.

As stated above Absolutely, we like to board After the cabins are available and the crowds are gone.

We do the same. Board after 1 so we can drop off our carry on. We eat breakfast/lunch before we board. Many local places much better for food then WJ. No crowds either.

I don't think too many would follow the request from Royal.

We do the same. Board after 1 so we can drop off our carry on. We eat breakfast/lunch before we board. Many local places much better for food then WJ. No crowds either.

I don't think too many would follow the request from Royal.

Troy, the biggest problem with the request, is that it explicitly exempts Suite passengers as well as Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle. On many sailings, those numbers can run upwards of 1,000 passengers. Just my opinion.

This is exactly why we board as late as possible. DH hates crowds and likes to arrive and walk straight on. We would of rather see the sights at the Embarkation city vs fight the crowds who seem to arrive hours prior to scheduled boarding.

We typically eat lunch prior to boarding in an effort to delay and let the crowd die down.

Troy, the biggest problem with the request, is that it explicitly exempts Suite passengers as well as Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle. On many sailings, those numbers can run upwards of 1,000 passengers. Just my opinion.

C&A states Priority Check-In. Boarding is different than Check-In. A lounge is provided for higher status and Suites.

Honestly, not sure how it would work. On our 1/29 Allure cruise, a tiny bit over a 1/3 of the passengers were C&A Members.

The point here.... I wear pants/slacks to Dinner. But I could care less what others wear. Just saying those that say dress code is required are likely to ignore the request from Royal regarding boarding times.

It is not about what makes the suggestions different, but the way people pick and choose what rules they adopt and abide by.

C&A states Priority Check-In. Boarding is different than Check-In. A lounge is provided for higher status and Suites.

Honestly, not sure how it would work. On our 1/29 Allure cruise, a tiny bit over a 1/3 of the passengers were C&A Members.

The point here.... I wear pants/slacks to Dinner. But I could care less what others wear. Just saying those that say dress code is required are likely to ignore the request from Royal regarding boarding times.

It is not about what makes the suggestions different, but the way people pick and choose what rules they adopt and abide by.

Go back and find the letter about 'boarding' by deck.

As I recall, it states that Suites, Diamond, D+, and PC may 'board' at their leisure.

Go back and find the letter about 'boarding' by deck.

As I recall, it states that Suites, Diamond, D+, and PC may 'board' at their leisure.

Here is the copy of the letter. Says nothing about status. This was for September 25th, 2016 Enchantment 4 night cruise out of Miami.

727726f8988939bac59c31a8385a6a4f.jpg

Above image a bit blurry. Try a different resolution.

dabf7084c52e0d5a44a66e038586acb9.jpg

Interesting, what I was referring to was an email from Royal. I don't recall ever getting a message via the cruise planner. You must be special. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This was an email. I took a screen shot. It is the full letter unedited.

So if my cabin was on deck 8 and my designated arrival time was 11:30am to 12:00pm but I didn't arrive until 2pm I would be in violation of the guidlines.........

.......Just like wearing shorts in the MDR.

;)

LOL well you might be , but I won't because we sail in suites and can actually board at any time but prefer late boarding!

You just don't give up[emoji6]

So what other rules/guidelines do you break when they are not to your liking?

You know believe it or not some people just follow the rules.... I did get a speeding ticket once [emoji6] that was in the early 80's when thought I needed to be in a hurry.

Just like I want to enjoy a first day 'as full of activities' as I can when I board a ship, I respect the right of others on the next sailing to do the same.....are we off the ship by 7am.....no. We are in the WJ having breakfast around 7:30am or so.....then are getting off the ship by 8:15am. I know that leaves my stateroom attendant plenty of time to turn over the cabin for the next guests. That last morning there isn't much to do on board for those leaving.....so we just enjoy a last leisurely breakfast and head home to look forward to our next cruise, often times one booked while we were onboard.