Given the problems on the NCL Star would you book a cruise on her ?

soloadventurer

Given the problems on the NCL Star would you book a cruise on her ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Given the problems on the NCL Star would you book a cruise on her ?

• No
    • Yes
    • Not sure

I just booked a cruise on her last week. Cruising is an adventure so why not? If there's a propulsion problem you then have a great story to tell when you get back home. Although I wouldn't want to go through the experience passengers on the Carnival Triumph had in the Gulf of Mexico.

I was watching the upcoming roll calls on the star when problems first started and sure enough everyone was saying we will still have a good cruise and hopefully problems won't be too bad ... fast forward to when it happens in their sailing and we have on board protests, complaints about unfair compensation etc

Be careful what you think a fair price is

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Until I see real repairs with two working azipods I would only book if I didn't care if we made the ports or not. I surely wouldn't fly thousands of miles and have it as a major part of an expensive vacation, even if the cruise did turn out to be discounted or free.

I am confident that a complete maintenance and repair report along with documents outlining elements of NCL's investigation into the matter will be forwarded to your attention upon completion and without delay.

Don't take my use of the word "see" so literally, even though you can see when it is running on two azipods. I'm just saying once it's running on two again I might consider sailing the Star again for the ports/itinerary.

Why would you book a holiday pay alot of money for an itinerary that can be changed and you end up drifting in the sea.........oh yes i fogot that's what you get on the NCL Star and then you get the worst customer service ever when you try and complain and try to get some sort of refund !!

NCL have taken people's money for a service they can't deliver yet when you complain they stick their fingers in their ears and whistle hoping you'll go away !!:mad:

Until I see real repairs with two working azipods I would only book if I didn't care if we made the ports or not. I surely wouldn't fly thousands of miles and have it as a major part of an expensive vacation, even if the cruise did turn out to be discounted or free.

Absolutely!

We are booked on the Singapore - Dubai on March 9 and after months of planning excursions in 12 ports I cant tell you how deflating this situation is...and you know the worst thing? There is nothing we can do about it except sit and wait... and this at a time when we should be so very excited about our up-comming adventures.

I suspect it is easy to say *sure I`ll take a cruise at rock bottom price" but if that cruise is on the other side of the world and taking in places you have always longed to see I suspect the response may be somewhat different.

Yes- if you're flexible and can go with the flow and not sweat the small stuff you will still have a great cruise!

I was on the cruise before and certainly observed human behaviour at its worst. People who have serious anger issues, abusers and bullies, people who are just so negative about everything. They mustn't have happy lives. I also met people who were positive, fun and could find humor in the situation. I have come home and am really appreciative of the people I have in my life and realize I am surrounded by fun, positive family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by karoo