Laundry questions on Infinity

seadancer

We have never used the laundry services and we were wondering if we could specify "cold water wash, tumble dry low"? Is it really expensive?

Thanks for your help!

Check out Celebrity's website. There is a complete list of laundry prices under FAQ. Not sure about your special requests.

We have never used the laundry services and we were wondering if we could specify "cold water wash, tumble dry low"? Is it really expensive?

Thanks for your help!

Have never tried it, but you can always write a note on the laundry bag. Personally, I would not send anything really delicate to the laundry - unless I did not mind it being damaged.

You can specify all you want. It's not going to happen. The loads are commingled and all washed in hot water and dried in hot dryers. If your clothes cannot survive this process, don't send them out. Launder them yourself in your sink, roll in a towel, and hang to dry. Or you can have them dry cleaned.

You can specify all you want. It's not going to happen. The loads are commingled and all washed in hot water and dried in hot dryers. If your clothes cannot survive this process, don't send them out. Launder them yourself in your sink, roll in a towel, and hang to dry. Or you can have them dry cleaned.

Linda - I have a different perspective. Just off Silhouette last Sunday. We did the behind the scenes tour, below decks, engine control, bridge, etc. It was fun. One of the tour stops was the laundry facilities. We stopped at the area where crew and guest laundry is handled. I noticed that the machines had a number of controls for wash temp, etc. So I asked the laundry manager how they handled laundry. He said they sort based on color and labels and wash accordingly. We have done laundry on numerous cruises (free for Elites) and have never had a problem. Don't expect it to come back wrinkle free though!

Linda - I have a different perspective. Just off Silhouette last Sunday. We did the behind the scenes tour, below decks, engine control, bridge, etc. It was fun. One of the tour stops was the laundry facilities. We stopped at the area where crew and guest laundry is handled. I noticed that the machines had a number of controls for wash temp, etc. So I asked the laundry manager how they handled laundry. He said they sort based on color and labels and wash accordingly. We have done laundry on numerous cruises (free for Elites) and have never had a problem. Don't expect it to come back wrinkle free though!

That's nice to know. However, when I used to send cotton tee shirts to the laundry they always shrunk. On one cruise I had to buy new shirts in France. I now assume that hot water and hot dryers will be used.

Carolyn

Not true for all items. My dress shirt always comes back from being washed, pressed/ironed.

I was in the PH on Infinity this past October. We gave our laundry to our butler, expecting to see it a couple of days later,

The following morning I opened a closet to see the laundry:

Every item was on a hanger!!

Every item had been pressed!! undies, bras, ratty old pajamas. EVERYTHING. I was amused and horrified at the same time....

I never send anything I can't live without to the laundry. NEVER.

Edited by Olive1950

Not true for all items. My dress shirt always comes back from being washed, pressed/ironed.

Thanks nice to know. I don't recall ever sending a dress shirt. Mostly, golf shirts, tee shirts, and undies...also a few long sleeve causal shirts. Shirts come back folded but certainly not ironed.

I was in the PH on Infinity this past October. We gave our laundry to our butler, expecting to see it a couple of days later,

The following morning I opened a closet to see the laundry:

Every item was on a hanger!!

Every item had been pressed!! undies, bras, ratty old pajamas. EVERYTHING. I was amused and horrified at the same time....

I never send anything I can't live without to the laundry. NEVER.

This has happened to us as well. Didn't even realize our laundry had been returned until I opened the closet to pull out our clothing for dinner. Everything, tee shirts, cotton nightgowns, all pressed and on hangers. I have never sent anything that can't be washed in hot water. Always bring some Tide packets and hand wash bras and bathing suits.

For the love of your clothes - do NOT send them to the laundry. I've tried multiple times to ask for cold wash and low heat and they do not do it. Things come back shrunk, gray, wrinkled.

Once in a suite the Butler surprised us by having all our laundry compted. Took every bra even - and they were ruined. (I loved that Butler and never told him as he was so proud of himself).

Pack extra and use the money for extra luggage. P.S. The dry cleaning is fine.

Glad to hear you've had good experiences with the laundry. I haven't. I've learned the hard way only to send light colors together or dark colors together (unless you don't mind blue spots on your pink shirt) and I NEVER send anything that hasn't been washed and dried many times at home. And it definitely doesn't come back wrinkle free. One cruise when we had lots of OBC, we just kept buying new Celebrity shirts.

Going on our first Celebrity cruise in June, but I always have a bag of laundry done on RC. I always send articles that aren't going to get ruined by hot water or hot dryers. We went on a Med cruise with stays in New York, then in Italy, the cruise, then back to Italy. We were thrilled to get on the ship and send clothes to the laundry. We may have had a few wrinkles but we were in CLEAN clothes. We were in Turkey in June and I was glad to put those sweaty clothes in to be laundered too instead of bringing them home dirty. Nothing was ruined. It made it a lot easier to pack, knowing I could get them done on the cruise. I sent my favorite pair of capri pants and crossed my fingers. They came back just fine.