Harmony allows Diamond drink orders in the MDR.

I was on the Harmony for 3 weeks and loved how Diamond drink orders were accepted in the MDR.

What other ships allow this?

This is definitely a first, thanks for reporting. I hope its part of a trend.

My wife & I were recently on the Allure, Freedom and Grandeur (talk about a variety!). We didn't even attempt to order "Diamond Drinks" in the MDR. However, the Diamond Lounges were very crowded and if Royal would consider allowing it company wide, it may help to alleviate some of the congestion.

Great perk either way! ;)

Ken

I was on the Harmony for 3 weeks and loved how Diamond drink orders were accepted in the MDR.

What other ships allow this?

Can you clarify what a "Diamond Drink" is? Do you mean the free drinks on your sea pass? If so, I don't understand why they wouldn't take orders for that in the MDR.

I'll be on Liberty 3/26 and certainly would take advantage of that.

Can you clarify what a "Diamond Drink" is? Do you mean the free drinks on your sea pass? If so, I don't understand why they wouldn't take orders for that in the MDR.

I'll be on Liberty 3/26 and certainly would take advantage of that.

It's been the policy since the drink vouchers were introduced that they did not include drinks at restaurants.

Can you clarify what a "Diamond Drink" is? Do you mean the free drinks on your sea pass? If so, I don't understand why they wouldn't take orders for that in the MDR...
When RCI started putting 3 free bar drinks (same type of drinks, same hours as in the Diamond Lounge) on Diamond SeaPasses a few years ago, no drinks in dining rooms was part of the deal. Their ship, their rules, and as this was considerably more generous than the previous "in DL only" rule I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I won't argue whether it makes sense to extend this to MDR, but have always accepted that is the way it is.

I hate inconsistencies within one brand but across different ships. So annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. It most likely boils down to bartenders not following the rules. I'm sure they are told what to do but they want to make the customer happy.

We are just off the Grandeur. They let everyone walk out of the Diamond Lounge with a drink in hand. We then walked into the Dining Room with our drinks. Sometimes, we would stop at a bar on the way into the Dining Room and get a drink. It's easier than having to wait for your drinks in the Dining Room.

I hate inconsistencies within one brand but across different ships. So annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really, seems like a very minor issue to let it be so annoying. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading a similar post a few weeks ago, I contacted RCI and they told me there's no plans to roll this out flee wide but then again, you never know.

And now that it has been brought to RCI's attention I wouldn't be surprised if the practice stops on Harmony.

It's been the policy since the drink vouchers were introduced that they did not include drinks at restaurants.

We usually order a drink in a bar and bring them to the MDR. There was assign in the DL on Navigator not to take drinks out from the lounge, but nobody was paying much attention to the sign. I guess it's the sign of the times.LOL

We are just off the Grandeur. They let everyone walk out of the Diamond Lounge with a drink in hand. We then walked into the Dining Room with our drinks. Sometimes, we would stop at a bar on the way into the Dining Room and get a drink. It's easier than having to wait for your drinks in the Dining Room.

I usually stop at the bar outside the MDR and get 3 drinks, then walk in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And now that it has been brought to RCI's attention I wouldn't be surprised if the practice stops on Harmony.

Agree...Somtimes it's best not to rattle the cage...so thanks to the person that decided to call RCI about this. The HOTS was just not allowing the pre-loaded drink vouchers to be used at the Bionic Bar and the Rising Tide bar...up until now.

After reading a similar post a few weeks ago, I contacted RCI and they told me there's no plans to roll this out flee wide but then again, you never know.

Thanks for bringing this to their attention....anything else you might have also decided to ask while you waited for them to answer :rolleyes:

...HOTS was just not allowing the pre-loaded drink vouchers to be used at the Bionic Bar and the Rising Tide bar...up until now.
While Oasis did not allow me to get Dining venue drinks from the D covered drinks, I did get a D covered drinks on the Oasis Rising Tide Bar (Oasis does not have the Bionic Bar). I'll happily accept the free drinks where I find them, and not worry about the other places (actually we would carry drinks into MDR anyway, as drink service is often slow [probably faster if you are an established regularly tipping customer]).

• 2 weeks later...
When RCI started putting 3 free bar drinks (same type of drinks, same hours as in the Diamond Lounge) on Diamond SeaPasses a few years ago, no drinks in dining rooms was part of the deal. Their ship, their rules, and as this was considerably more generous than the previous "in DL only" rule I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I won't argue whether it makes sense to extend this to MDR, but have always accepted that is the way it is.

Agree. I never look a gift horse in the mouth. I always say thank you.

Sorry... confused first timer here. We are booked on Harmony of the Sea this Saturday. I have the deluxe drink package. Are you saying that if I order a glass of wine in the MDR that it would not be covered under my drink package??

Sorry... confused first timer here. We are booked on Harmony of the Sea this Saturday. I have the deluxe drink package. Are you saying that if I order a glass of wine in the MDR that it would not be covered under my drink package??

You're getting confused by two different programs.

The unlimited beverage packages (what you have) are honored at all bars and restaurants.

The Diamond drink vouchers are a different program and those are not usually honored in restaurants.