concierge and Michael's club ??

39august

The room is open 24 hours a day. The bartender is usually there in the morning and then again from late afternoon until around 10 or 11 at night.

The concierge's hours vary depending on if it's a port day or a sea day. But the Concierge is always there on embarkation day to greet you and book shore excursions, specialty dining, whatever.

You should be able to a cappuccino there as well. Some Michael's Clubs have a self-serve cappuccino machine, even.

Question...I thought Michaels Club was just for people in suites. We just booked concierge cabin so would we be able to have access to MC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is just for Suite Guests. There is a concierge assigned to the club, not the same as a concierge cabin.

This is something that Celebrity is not very clear about --

They seem to use the same words over and over and it's easy to mix up the context

There are Concierge Class Cabins. There is a Concierge available to them (but also available to anyone else on the ship.) There is a Concierge in Michael's Club, but that venue is not open to all -- only to Suites, Zeniths and occasionally a VIP. There's also a Destination Concierge, available to all passengers.

There are Aqua Class Cabins. There is also an Aqua Spa Cafe. The Cafe is open to all passengers, not just those in Aqua Class.

There are drinks, and drink packages described as Standard, Classic, Premium and Specialty. There are also dining venues described as Specialty. And Classic can also refer to a Captain's Club level, along with Select and Elite.

So, having booked a Concierge Class Stateroom, you will not have access to the Concierge in Michael's Club, but you will have access to the other Concierges.

Clear as mud, isn't it?

What hours is Michael's Club open and what are the concierge's hours, please? I will need concierge to book excursions as soon as possible after boarding to use my OBC.

Please be aware that the MC Concierge is extremely busy on embarkation day and it is impossible to be certain that he/she will be able to help everyone with urgent requests on that day.

Unless the excursions you wish to book are very early in the cruise, it would be less stressful to wait until later to book them. If they are early in the cruise, I would book them in advance and spend you OBC on something else.

Agree this is something that Celebrity is not very clear about as they do use the same words over and over and it's easy to mix up the context.

Re the Concierge Class Cabins, on my last cruise (Connie in the med) there was a dedicated Concierge class concierge. His desk was Deck 8. And now I think of it on Infinity 2 years ago there was a Concierge concierge desk in the library.

These are areas accessible to everyone but I do recall getting communications written and telephone, specifically addressed to Concierge cabins. So, yes, there is a Concierge for concierge cabins but he/she is not the one in Michael's club!

What hours is Michael's Club open and what are the concierge's hours, please? I will need concierge to book excursions as soon as possible after boarding to use my OBC. Is there specialty coffee available in MC?

If you look on line first so you have an idea about what you want....

Then on boarding if you go to Michael's Club there will be forms available to fill in whilst having a glass of champagne (or a coffee). You can then simply hand this to the Michael's Club host to complete 'when she has time'. As Project gal says the concierges are really busy just doing the 'meet and greet' boarding day.

Alternatively just book on your TV as you get to your room. If there are then any issues (excursion full, you cannot get the time you want) then go and see the Michael's Club host who will genuinely try their best for you. Even staying in top suites with lots of OBC if there is a trip we really want which we know may fill up (sea plane, helicopter, speed boat....) we will book prior to cruising. The Michael's host will prioritise you for cancellations but can not throw someone else off a trip for you!

Please be aware that the MC Concierge is extremely busy on embarkation day and it is impossible to be certain that he/she will be able to help everyone with urgent requests on that day. Unless the excursions you wish to book are very early in the cruise, it would be less stressful to wait until later to book them. If they are early in the cruise, I would book them in advance and spend you OBC on something else.

Or go to the excursions desk, fill out the paper and put it in the box if you want to use OBC. Probably a lot quicker than going through the Concierge especially if you know what you what.

We were in a suite on Silhouette last month, and the concierge indeed was very busy on embarkation day. Our butler came by soon after we arrived in our suite and offered to make excursion reservations (in addition to other offers), so we let him do it and got our tickets back from him about an hour later.

Agree this is something that Celebrity is not very clear about as they do use the same words over and over and it's easy to mix up the context.

Re the Concierge Class Cabins, on my last cruise (Connie in the med) there was a dedicated Concierge class concierge. His desk was Deck 8. And now I think of it on Infinity 2 years ago there was a Concierge concierge desk in the library.

These are areas accessible to everyone but I do recall getting communications written and telephone, specifically addressed to Concierge cabins. So, yes, there is a Concierge for concierge cabins but he/she is not the one in Michael's club!

You are correct in that there is a concierge (whose location may vary). What is not correct is that this concierge is exclusively for those in concierge cabins. This concierge is available to anyone on the ship needing assistance. I had a friend whose family member died while we were on the cruise. She was in an inside cabin. The concierge sorted all the arrangements necessary for her to leave the ship at the next port and fly home.

You will get messages by telephone. In my experience, these usually come from the captain's club hostess. I found them quite annoying. I'm quite capable of reading about events in the Daily.

And, yes, this concierge is a different person from the concierge in Michael's Club.

• 4 weeks later...
Correct. If you book from home on line, you pay then.

On board credit can only be used once you are on board.

True, but they are currently experimenting with making the OBC available for booking online pre-cruise. As far as I know it's only being piloted on certain sailings of one particular ship. (Can't seem to remember details, but I think it might be 2 or 3 March cruises on Reflection???)

There was an active thread about this within the past week.

Will update to add a link if I find it before my editing window expires.

As far as suite guests booking excursions, I've found a good butler is eager to help with this task. Seems to be easy and fast for them, even on embarkation day. I mentioned I was going to book an excursion for the middle of the cruise via TV, and Emir (our amazing Equinox CS butler) insisted on doing it himself.

Jane

Found the thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2466500

I also "bumped" it onto the first page by asking for recent experiences.

Edited by JaneStarr
To add link