Best Deck Level?

We are currently booked on Level 9 on Allure in a Boardwalk Balcony? We prefer Deck 10 or 11 - nothing available as of now........but, they do have some on Deck 12 - is that too close to the sports deck? We don't want to go too high because we know they higher you go, the more you can feel the boat move but we don't want to be right on top of the Boardwalk either - I know it's on Deck 6 and we are on Deck 9 - thoughts?

We like to be within 1 or 2 decks of the pool, as that is where our daytime hours will be spent. If you're not a "pool" person, pick a deck close to where you will spend your DAYTIME hours. There is more running back and forth to the cabin during the day...and not having to use elevators is a HUGE timesaver!

We're booked on deck 12 on the Allure for April. Have sailed her before also on Deck 12 and we love it. I'm sensitive to motion but I didn't have any issues sleeping in my cabin and I could barely feel any movement the entire week. I particularly like being higher up since when we're docked it gives you a much better view of the scenery. I wouldn't go up any higher as that's getting pretty close to the sports deck although a group of my friends stayed in a boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 14 right under the basketball courts and they said they couldn't hear anything nor could they feel any movement.

I guess it's subjective.

We are currently booked on Level 9 on Allure in a Boardwalk Balcony? We prefer Deck 10 or 11 - nothing available as of now........but, they do have some on Deck 12 - is that too close to the sports deck? We don't want to go too high because we know they higher you go, the more you can feel the boat move but we don't want to be right on top of the Boardwalk either - I know it's on Deck 6 and we are on Deck 9 - thoughts?

For a Boardwalk Balcony I would avoid deck 12. We're also booked on deck #9 last four aft cabins on HOTS in a couple of weeks. The only negative (which you won't have) is the obstruction we're going to have with the Abyss (booked it long before this was an addition). I think the closer to aft you can get the better for these cabins.

We're booked on deck 12 on the Allure for April. Have sailed her before also on Deck 12 and we love it. I'm sensitive to motion but I didn't have any issues sleeping in my cabin and I could barely feel any movement the entire week. I particularly like being higher up since when we're docked it gives you a much better view of the scenery. I wouldn't go up any higher as that's getting pretty close to the sports deck although a group of my friends stayed in a boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 14 right under the basketball courts and they said they couldn't hear anything nor could they feel any movement.

I guess it's subjective.

Someone might say the exact opposite as you because the weather was different their week.

We're testing out that deck very soon :D....typically we like Deck 9 overall on most ships.

We also like deck 9 on Voyager/Freedom class ships. We can be close to the pool deck, but still get a JS.

We also like deck 9 on Voyager/Freedom class ships. We can be close to the pool deck, but still get a JS.

Per your previous recommendations on Deck 8...we're about 40-50 paces away from Park Cafe on Harmony...plan to clean them out of the beef sandwiches daily. :eek::D:D:D

We are currently booked on Level 9 on Allure in a Boardwalk Balcony? We prefer Deck 10 or 11 - nothing available as of now........

I know it's on Deck 6 and we are on Deck 9 - thoughts?

Just got off Oasis in boardwalk balcony deck 10. I think deck 9 would be perfect!

We loved this area - no noise at all. It was great to have a less expensive balcony and still have fresh air and a view of the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was just on Allure and I am so sensitive to motion that I can't ride in the back seat of a car without getting nauseous. It think Allure is so huge that you'd really have to run into bad weather for motion to be an issue. I booked Indy next and, I'll admit, I'm a little worried about it!

Anyway I don't think deck 12 is too close to the sports deck and deck 14 right above you has a great sunning area.

I don't like middle decks since it's a caos to get in an empty elevator. I always try to book a deck bellow windjammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really. I heard that this is the worst location because of noise from kitchen and tables and chairs being moved.I would also avoid deck below pools.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

When I sailed on the Allure a few years ago I chose and upper deck and it drove me crazy waiting for the elevators all the time--they were maddening. For my Harmony cruise later this year I picked a middle deck (7) so that it was close enough to Central Park, Entertainment Place, and Royal Promenade to get to without an elevator and even the pool decks were doable. We'll see how that works.

(A problem peculiar to Harmony--I read recently on a thread about Harmony (long after I booked) that apparently on that ship there is a quirk where the sign for the Boardwalk on Deck 7 cuts off access on that deck between port and starboard so you need to take the correct elevator (or stairs) or you'll end up on the wrong side. So much for careful planning.)

When I sailed on the Allure a few years ago I chose and upper deck and it drove me crazy waiting for the elevators all the time--they were maddening. For my Harmony cruise later this year I picked a middle deck (7) so that it was close enough to Central Park, Entertainment Place, and Royal Promenade to get to without an elevator and even the pool decks were doable. We'll see how that works.

(A problem peculiar to Harmony--I read recently on a thread about Harmony (long after I booked) that apparently on that ship there is a quirk where the sign for the Boardwalk on Deck 7 cuts off access on that deck between port and starboard so you need to take the correct elevator (or stairs) or you'll end up on the wrong side. So much for careful planning.)

I believe the issue with the boardwalk sign exists on all Oasis class ships. Booking aft on deck 7 you need to pay attention to which elevator you get in.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For a Boardwalk Balcony I would avoid deck 12. We're also booked on deck #9 last four aft cabins on HOTS in a couple of weeks. The only negative (which you won't have) is the obstruction we're going to have with the Abyss (booked it long before this was an addition). I think the closer to aft you can get the better for these cabins.

Why would you avoid Deck 12 particularly?

Really. I heard that this is the worst location because of noise from kitchen and tables and chairs being moved.I would also avoid deck below pools.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We never go to bed early during the cruise and we don't spent much time during the day on the stateroom. Maybe the noise is during those time that I'm not in the stateroom but until now it's working great for us.

My friend had a room by the end of the zip line and he never experienced any noise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have stayed one deck below the pool on two different occasions and the chair moving in the morning hours by the staff woke me up several different times. I personally will not be staying any deck one below the pool on any ship going forward.

That be being said, we stayed on OOS two decks above the Boardwalk area and was concerned of noise, well there was ZERO. I recommend to listen to the other posters and then make your decision.