New Captains Club Benefits

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just received the following email from Captains Club. Thought this would be of interest. I suspect that some may say it's no big deal - but I see it differently. I sincerely appreciate whenever new benefits are added, and would like to say thank you to Celebrity for thinking of their Captains Club members.

The following email is from Celebrity Captains Club Director of Loyalty, Lee M. Moreau :

Hope this is helpful !

==============================================

I'm excited to bring you a lot of Loyalty news. First, I'd like to announce two benefit changes I know you'll enjoy! The first is a new benefit for Classic level members and above?you'll now enjoy a Captain's Club member discount at The Studio on digital packages.

In case you weren't aware, The Studio is a professional photo studio available on every Celebrity ship (excluding our ships in the Galapagos). Celebrity Constellation? will offer The Studio in May. Professional photographers specialize in personal black and white photography. Your photo session is private, and the results are stunning, contemporary portraits.

Your discount lets you save on professional photos of you and your loved ones sharing your special vacation together. There's no sitting fee and no obligation to purchase; you just need to make the appointment and let the professionals do what they do best. The photo of me above was taken in The Studio on my recent visit aboard Celebrity EquinoxSM . The experience was quick and professional from start to finish. Plus, your digital package photos are provided on a custom flash drive beautifully presented in luxury packaging. There's no obligation to buy, and the work speaks for itself!

The second benefit I'd like to announce is an enhancement to your existing internet benefits. Currently, at the start of your cruise, you can purchase an Unlimited Internet Package at a discount, depending on your Captain's Club tier level. I'm happy to announce that if you purchase your Unlimited Internet Package before you sail, we'll offer an additional 10% off your already discounted total package price.

Whether you want to post your Celebrity experiences on social media, stay up-to-date with family and friends, or do some work, XcelerateSM, our high-speed internet, lets you do it faster than ever?and your Captain's Club benefit lets you do it at even greater savings.

As you know, the reveal of our highly-anticipated Celebrity EdgeSM is right around the corner (it's March 13, in case you missed the announcement). I can't tell you anything about it before then, but I can tell you I'm on the edge of my seat with excitement and can't wait to share everything this new ship will have to offer you. Stay tuned for more details!

I also wanted to remind you that we have three special cruises this year, two President's Cruises and our Annual Reunion Cruise. These special cruises are our way of saying "thank you" for your loyalty. I hope you can join us for one, two, or all three of these incredible sailings. I always look forward to meeting with you and celebrating your loyalty with the exclusive activities we plan for you!

The sail dates are:

-- President's Cruise #1: Celebrity Eclipse - 05/07/17

Itinerary: Iceland and Ireland

-- President's Cruise #2: Celebrity EquinoxSM - 08/27/17

Itinerary: Eastern Caribbean

-- Reunion Cruise: Celebrity Reflection - 10/09/17

Itinerary: The Best of The Mediterranean

I hope you're as excited as we are about everything that's happening at Celebrity Cruises as well as your new benefits that take effect on or after 3/1/2017. These improvements in your benefits are based on the feedback you've provided us, so keep it coming. We always love hearing from you!

On behalf of all of us at Celebrity Cruises, thank you again for being a valuable member of the Captain's Club program.

Warm regards,

Lee L. Moreau

Lee

Director of Loyalty and Captain's Club

@LeeMoreau_

I'm confused about how the unlimited internet pricing works. I have Elite status with Captain's Club. When I log into the Celebrity website and look at the unlimited internet package for my upcoming cruise, does the price I see already include my Elite discount off the normal price of the package? Or should I expect to pay the price shown less my Elite discount and now less an additional 10%? Or do I need to notify someone at Celebrity either before or after I board the cruise in order to get my discount, even if I purchase the unlimited package in advance?

Last cruise I didn't purchase until I was onboard because I was afraid I wouldn't get the appropriate discount otherwise, but maybe it's already figured in on the website. Like many others, I have little faith in the website! :)

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer: We also have Elite status and the Celebrity website shows we get a "Complimentary 90-minute Internet package" as one of our tier benefits. I am assuming nothing has changed there --- correct? The discount mentioned in the email is for the "Unlimited Internet Package" should you choose to use this --- correct?.

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer: We also have Elite status and the Celebrity website shows we get a "Complimentary 90-minute Internet package" as one of our tier benefits. I am assuming nothing has changed there --- correct? The discount mentioned in the email is for the "Unlimited Internet Package" should you choose to use this --- correct?.

Hi Karen,

I cannot officially confirm - but I suspect that you have it right. I read it to refer to an additional discount on the "Unlimited" Internet package, and that nothing else has changed.

Hope this helps !

I'm confused about how the unlimited internet pricing works. I have Elite status with Captain's Club. When I log into the Celebrity website and look at the unlimited internet package for my upcoming cruise, does the price I see already include my Elite discount off the normal price of the package? Or should I expect to pay the price shown less my Elite discount and now less an additional 10%? Or do I need to notify someone at Celebrity either before or after I board the cruise in order to get my discount, even if I purchase the unlimited package in advance?

Last cruise I didn't purchase until I was onboard because I was afraid I wouldn't get the appropriate discount otherwise, but maybe it's already figured in on the website. Like many others, I have little faith in the website! :)

Hi Bottomfeeder,

When it comes to Celebrity's website, it's tough to know the answer. I'd suggest contacting Captains Club, and I'm sure they can walk you through obtaining the appropriate discount. 1-800-760-0654.

Hope this helps !

Hi Andy, thanks for the info. What is a reunion cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Phillygirl,

It's special sailings that Celebrity offers, in appreciation of Captains Club members. You can learn more about Reunion sailings here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/reunion-cruises

Hope this helps !

I was really excited when I got this email this AM. In reading it there are no benefits for us, really. We don't get photos taken and we rarely use all of the 240 minutes of Internet we receive. However, we will continue to enjoy what we do get.

Hi Karen,

I cannot officially confirm - but I suspect that you have it right. I read it to refer to an additional discount on the "Unlimited" Internet package, and that nothing else has changed.

Hope this helps !

Hi Andy, thanks for the response. The 90 free internet minutes is a great perk and one that we always look to when comparing benefits of the various cruise lines that we sail. Hope this never changes.

Hi Andy

Thanks for posting. Hope all is well with you.

Yes, we received the e mail.....not much in it for us. We only buy a few photos for each cruise...just for the memories

We do not go on Cap Club cruises...too many Elites, etc.

We are E plus which gets us enough minutes to check in at home and get boarding passes, For some it will be helpful...just hope all the increased online usage does not slow it down

Glad they are at least thinking of benefits...hopefully they will announce ones that do not cost money to enjoy....including better events on board for various loyalty levels..They used to serve great food and cocktails.....now just a toast . The nightly Elite gathering could use more and better treats...more like on those Royal C.

And the Elite discount at the spa equals or is less than the port pricing disount,,that could be much better,,,,A complimentary photo would also be nice with Cap Club Logo...

I'm still waiting for the email I was promised last November about enhancements to the Zenith program. Fortunately I've been informed by other Zenith members that we now get unlimited internet and a lunch with other back to back guests upon re-embarkation together with concierge cruisers. Once one gets on the "do not inform" list, one is ostracized forever from updates to any program. It is always an eye opener to interpret how one is appreciated by certain people in the food chain.

That discount for the Studio could be quite valuable if you were going to use it. Our family had the photos taken once and they were amazing. Wish it was retroactive!

I do think it's nice they are coming up with more benefits even if not everyone will use them.

Hi Andy

Thanks for posting. Hope all is well with you.

Yes, we received the e mail.....not much in it for us. We only buy a few photos for each cruise...just for the memories

We do not go on Cap Club cruises...too many Elites, etc.

We are E plus which gets us enough minutes to check in at home and get boarding passes, For some it will be helpful...just hope all the increased online usage does not slow it down

Glad they are at least thinking of benefits...hopefully they will announce ones that do not cost money to enjoy....including better events on board for various loyalty levels..They used to serve great food and cocktails.....now just a toast . The nightly Elite gathering could use more and better treats...more like on those Royal C.

And the Elite discount at the spa equals or is less than the port pricing disount,,that could be much better,,,,A complimentary photo would also be nice with Cap Club Logo...

Hi Hcat,

Thank you for asking. All is well here. Had a monster cold a couple of weeks ago, but mostly recovered now.

Agree with you, that it would be nice if Celebrity could offer a lounge for Elite plus, similar to what Royal Caribbean offers. While I feel that Celebrity does most everything better than Royal, their Diamond lounge is phenomenal.

Hope that Celebrity is considering more lounges for the Edge class, for venues similar to what Royal offers, and for Piano performers/entertainers... which are around, but not as nearly as many as a few years ago. We definitely miss them.

Hi Everyone,

Just received the following email from Captains Club. Thought this would be of interest. I suspect that some may say it's no big deal - but I see it differently. I sincerely appreciate whenever new benefits are added, and would like to say thank you to Celebrity for thinking of their Captains Club members.

The following email is from Celebrity Captains Club Director of Loyalty, Lee M. Moreau :

Hope this is helpful !

I'm excited to bring you a lot of Loyalty news. First, I'd like to announce two benefit changes I know you'll enjoy! The first is a new benefit for Classic level members and above?you'll now enjoy a Captain's Club member discount at The Studio on digital packages.

In case you weren't aware, The Studio is a professional photo studio available on every Celebrity ship (excluding our ships in the Galapagos). Celebrity Constellation? will offer The Studio in May. Professional photographers specialize in personal black and white photography. Your photo session is private, and the results are stunning, contemporary portraits.

Your discount lets you save on professional photos of you and your loved ones sharing your special vacation together. There's no sitting fee and no obligation to purchase; you just need to make the appointment and let the professionals do what they do best. The photo of me above was taken in The Studio on my recent visit aboard Celebrity EquinoxSM . The experience was quick and professional from start to finish. Plus, your digital package photos are provided on a custom flash drive beautifully presented in luxury packaging. There's no obligation to buy, and the work speaks for itself!

The second benefit I'd like to announce is an enhancement to your existing internet benefits. Currently, at the start of your cruise, you can purchase an Unlimited Internet Package at a discount, depending on your Captain's Club tier level. I'm happy to announce that if you purchase your Unlimited Internet Package before you sail, we'll offer an additional 10% off your already discounted total package price.

Whether you want to post your Celebrity experiences on social media, stay up-to-date with family and friends, or do some work, XcelerateSM, our high-speed internet, lets you do it faster than ever?and your Captain's Club benefit lets you do it at even greater savings.

As you know, the reveal of our highly-anticipated Celebrity EdgeSM is right around the corner (it's March 13, in case you missed the announcement). I can't tell you anything about it before then, but I can tell you I'm on the edge of my seat with excitement and can't wait to share everything this new ship will have to offer you. Stay tuned for more details!

I also wanted to remind you that we have three special cruises this year, two President's Cruises and our Annual Reunion Cruise. These special cruises are our way of saying "thank you" for your loyalty. I hope you can join us for one, two, or all three of these incredible sailings. I always look forward to meeting with you and celebrating your loyalty with the exclusive activities we plan for you!

The sail dates are:

I hope you're as excited as we are about everything that's happening at Celebrity Cruises as well as your new benefits that take effect on or after 3/1/2017. These improvements in your benefits are based on the feedback you've provided us, so keep it coming. We always love hearing from you!

On behalf of all of us at Celebrity Cruises, thank you again for being a valuable member of the Captain's Club program.

Warm regards,

Lee L. Moreau

Lee

@LeeMoreau_

Just got the same e-mail as you. Not a big deal, but any additional benefit is appreciated.

I had just purchase the unlimited package; had to cancel and rebook, but didn't mind that at all!

Thanks, Andy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My pleasure Lastdance. Glad you were able to save some $$$ :)

sorry Andy I need to disagree........a discount on photo packages, I mean really. And I don't go on a cruise with the internet as a priority so for me not much use.

lets have some suggestions about enhanced perks. from my side a bottle of prosecco as a welcome gift, extra laundry for cruises of 10 nights and over, discount of shore excursions.......thats a start

Hello, You have to call Captain Club. I mistakenly ordered and paid after I received the email. Someone on my roll call gave a heads up... The X rep explained it this way: Internet for my 16 day cruise = $319. Price on the web said $287 which included the 10% discount...but NOT my Select status discount of 25%. So she cancelled the $287 and initiated a new order for $215. All's well that ends well:)

Hello, You have to call Captain Club. I mistakenly ordered and paid after I received the email. Someone on my roll call gave a heads up... The X rep explained it this way: Internet for my 16 day cruise = $319. Price on the web said $287 which included the 10% discount...but NOT my Select status discount of 25%. So she cancelled the $287 and initiated a new order for $215. All's well that ends well:)

Hi Kathie!

So glad you were able to cancel and rebook it! Every little bit helps. See you onboard!

...:cool:Suzy

We are booked on the October 9 cruise on the Reflection. I didn't know that it was a Reunion Cruise when I booked it about 2 weeks ago. I read the link above that generally described a Reunion Cruise - some extra events, etc. if you have been on a Reunion Cruise, what were the extra events?

Hi Everyone,

Hope this is helpful !

The sail dates are:

Warm regards,

Lee L. Moreau

Lee

@LeeMoreau_

Maybe you can give us a logical answer to a question that I have asked many people but never get a logical answer. I know you have gone away from coupons to an interactive system based on coding on one's sea pass card.

That being said, and for illustration purposes, lets stay with the coupon concept. Very simply why do we get the same number of coupons on a 14 days cruise as for a four day cruise, or even a seven day cruise? If seven days is the base why not give us the perks in increments of seven days, i.e., a 14 day cruise get twice the coupons as seven day cruise?

There is no logic. You get the same number of coupons (laundry, Persian Gardens pass, free gelato, etc etc.) on a 5 day, 7 day, 10 day, 12 day, 14 day, 18 day cruise. That's just the way it is. Their game, their rules.

(And do you really want to get half the benefit on a 4 day cruise as on a 7 day cruise?)

sorry Andy I need to disagree........a discount on photo packages, I mean really. And I don't go on a cruise with the internet as a priority so for me not much use.

lets have some suggestions about enhanced perks. from my side a bottle of prosecco as a welcome gift, extra laundry for cruises of 10 nights and over, discount of shore excursions.......thats a start

AGREE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I have to agree with Gordylad and Pier290. I see the new "benefits" as an "upsell opportunity" for Celebrity - not a real benefit.

An increase in the number of complimentary internet minutes or additional laundry - based upon the length of the cruise - would be a real enhancement to the Loyalty benefits.