Harmony: Are WOW Bands active before 1:00

I can confirm they work. You can get them when your first board in the Royal Promenade and use them immediately. They will be programmed with any beverage package you purchase beforehand. One of your sea passes will be outside of your cabin right above your cabin number and the other sea pass will be on your bed. We found it easier to also carry the sea pass for bar purchases while at the pool, shows, etc so the waiter could take it with them.

What is the advantage of purchasing the Wow Bands... I am not sure I understand the purpose of them verses just having our regular sea pass card? Thanks, we are cruising on Harmony in June...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the advantage of purchasing the Wow Bands... I am not sure I understand the purpose of them verses just having our regular sea pass card? Thanks, we are cruising on Harmony in June...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a convenience to be "wearing" your card instead of carrying it. No fumbling in purse or pocket for your card. If your hands are full, you can still easily get into your cabin just by turning your wrist. I love mine! If you don't want to carry ANYTHING, you don't have to. It is fully waterproof; you can wear it in the pool.

The WOW bands we purchased on Harmony a few weeks ago had our muster station listed on them. When we are back on Harmony next year will we need to trade them in if we have a different muster station :confused:

I got mine for free, when Quantum was just giving them out. Since then I have cruised on five cruises on Anthem and Harmony and have re-used them each time, with no problem. Sometimes they reprogram them and once it was replaced. They didn't really seem to care that my "correct" muster station wasn't on the band.

As already mentioned, they can be used anywhere on ship and it's strapped to your wrist for quick and easy access. They are small, flexible, and durable. No need for a lanyard around your neck and they are waterproof :cool:. They also fit easily and comfortably into pockets and purses.

Mine only came off when we were taking pictures or dressed up for dinner.

You will need to use your Sea Pass card to get on and off the ship during the cruise.

I got mine for free, when Quantum was just giving them out. Since then I have cruised on five cruises on Anthem and Harmony and have re-used them each time, with no problem. Sometimes they reprogram them and once it was replaced. They didn't really seem to care that my "correct" muster station wasn't on the band.

Thanks for that information.

I'm not sure I understand the "not having the SeaPass right away" part of this. In the past and before there even WERE WOW bands we have always been able to get on board and begin spending money immediately! So what am I missing because I'll be on the Harmony in a few weeks myself.

We usually punch a hole in our room "key" and attach it to a lanyard which I realize is not what people who are "fumbling" with a keycard want to hear or do. As to the WOW bands, I find it interesting that some people have said they won't wear them because of a "tan line" being created.

Sorry, but if they are busy looking at your WRIST then yeah, there's a problem.

I'm not sure I understand the "not having the SeaPass right away" part of this. In the past and before there even WERE WOW bands we have always been able to get on board and begin spending money immediately! So what am I missing because I'll be on the Harmony in a few weeks myself.

We usually punch a hole in our room "key" and attach it to a lanyard which I realize is not what people who are "fumbling" with a keycard want to hear or do. As to the WOW bands, I find it interesting that some people have said they won't wear them because of a "tan line" being created.

It is fairly hard to punch the cards for harmony without damaging them to the point that they will not work. Your room door locks are swipetype locks not insert type locks. Damage the embedded wire system in the card and ti will not open the lock as well as it will not be ableto be read at any of the card reader stations.

It is fairly hard to punch the cards for harmony without damaging them to the point that they will not work. Your room door locks are swipetype locks not insert type locks. Damage the embedded wire system in the card and ti will not open the lock as well as it will not be ableto be read at any of the card reader stations.

Funny you should mention it but we've been doing it for several years now and the ships actually SELL those lanyards, or at least they used to.

But this is not the answer to my question as to why anyone who is on the ship wouldn't have access to a WAY TO SPEND MONEY without a WOW band.

Funny you should mention it but we've been doing it for several years now and the ships actually SELL those lanyards, or at least they used to.

But this is not the answer to my question as to why anyone who is on the ship wouldn't have access to a WAY TO SPEND MONEY without a WOW band.

Harmony and Quantum class are using a different technology for their Seapass cards. They are embedded with an RFID chip unlike other ships that use a magnetic stripe, that is why you can't punch a hole in the cards.

Up until 1:00 you use your set sail pass,which now instead of printing one for your group you now print one per person, for all charges.

The hole punching only works on the older ships - not harmony or quantum class. They have a different card style and door process and the RFID card damages. You will need a sleeve or card holder to put on your lanyard. From what I have read - Guest Services will not punch holes in the cards on these ships like they will older ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who said there is no way to spend Money without a wow band? You can make any purchase with your setsail pass until you get your seapass Card.

Now what you might have been missing is the different procedure on Harmony and the Quantum Class ships.

On These so far 4 ships, you don´t get your seapass Card during the check-in, but you use the setsailpass to get onboard and make any purchases until you get to your cabin. One seapass Card is outside your cabin door and the other one(s) will be placed in your cabin. So until you get to your cabin you won´t have your seapass Card.

Also those ships have different seapass Cards. Instead of magnetic stripe and bar Code on the back, These Cards are RFID Cards, just like the WOW bands being RFID Chips. To Punch These Cards you Need to know exactly where you Punch them to not damage them to the Point of them being useless.

The hole punching only works on the older ships - not harmony or quantum class. They have a different card style and door process and the RFID card damages. You will need a sleeve or card holder to put on your lanyard. From what I have read - Guest Services will not punch holes in the cards on these ships like they will older ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank ypu for that information which I will remember.

Now, does ANYONE have an answer to my question about not being able to spend money the minute you get on the ship and why anyone would have to wait for a WOW band to do so? Thank you

Thank ypu for that information which I will remember.

Now, does ANYONE have an answer to my question about not being able to spend money the minute you get on the ship and why anyone would have to wait for a WOW band to do so? Thank you

See post #15

How much for the wow band?

Hole punching the Sea Pass card is a NO NO on Harmony and the Quantum class ships. Nancy punched ours and hers no longer worked (my sea pass card survived). We purchased the WOW bands while we were getting her card replaced.

We were charged $4.99 for 2 bands.

I think Suite guests get complimentary bands.