Elite afternoon tea

antsp

This perk has passed us by, I'm sure some cc members have done it. I know it's free any thoughts

We had it once in our cabin & it was too much food for us. :p

After this mid afternoon snack we decided to skip our early MDR dinner & now if my wife wants some afternoon tea & snacks she goes to the buffet to select a few items which are the same as in the elite or MDR afternoon tea.

It's a nice perk if you have a balcony to enjoy the treats. A little cramp if trying to do it indoors. They send enough food for four or more guests. You are not able to "pre-select" goodies. Desserts/sandwiches/scones. It's just as much fun to go to the MDR and have tea with other guests. I wish you could order the service for earlier than 3:30/4 PM. It's really difficult to enjoy the food and still have early TD. Please do tip the person from room service.

I also remember that you had to order the tea service way ahead of time (maybe 4-6 hours?).

This perk has passed us by, I'm sure some cc members have done it. I know it's free any thoughts

They have something like this on the Regal(probably other Princess ships, too)Down on the Piazza near the International café, there is a kind of "island" seating are about 25-30 I'd say. They have a much more elegant tea than is found in the dining rooms. The cost was about $10pp. You get nicer quality tea & the goodies that accompany it. You can make reservations upon boarding near the International café. We though it was well worth it.

Elite Tea..

It's free. You have to order it 6 hours before

you want it. Tell them how many people it's

for. We said two, brought for two. We saved the cookies for later.

Nice to have in your room as well as the dining

room. In room you get everything at once and

eat in what order you want. Where dining room

you get things at different times.

I think if you have early dining might be hard to eat after tea. I always eat late plus don't get tea that much even thro it's very good.

You actually can have them bring less food. Just specify, for example, scones only, with jam and cream, or just sandwiches and pastries, whatever combination is appealing to you. We like to have it on our last afternoon while we pack. Makes packing a little less sad.

Can someone tell me about Afternoon Tea in the MDR? Is it served to you? On a stand or just plates?

Waiters walk around with tea pots and trays, and serve a variety of items--pastries, scones, & small sandwiches. It is a very nice treat.

They have something like this on the Regal(probably other Princess ships, too)Down on the Piazza near the International café, there is a kind of "island" seating are about 25-30 I'd say. They have a much more elegant tea than is found in the dining rooms. The cost was about $10pp. You get nicer quality tea & the goodies that accompany it. You can make reservations upon boarding near the International café. We though it was well worth it.

Royal/Regal/Majestic only

Afternoon tea is especially nice on port days when you get back to the ship too late for a full meal but need a little something to tie you over until supper. Our favorite cruise for taking advantage of it was one to New England and Canada. That was a port-intensive cruise where we missed eating lunch most days.

On a recent HAL cruise, we realized how much we missed afternoon tea. HAL has one where waiters serve the food in one of the bar areas. It's not as nice. And on our cruise, they did not have the Indonesian tea they usually do one afternoon.

I have found that it can be difficult to get the food in the order one would want. For instance they seem to bring the scones first on the couple of occasions I have gone for the tea. Then it seemed a fairly long wait to get the sandwiches, and usually have to ask for them. Then hope that they will appear again with the scones.

But we have met some really nice people at those teas. And, when I think of it, I never leave hungry, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have found that it can be difficult to get the food in the order one would want. For instance they seem to bring the scones first on the couple of occasions I have gone for the tea. Then it seemed a fairly long wait to get the sandwiches, and usually have to ask for them. Then hope that they will appear again with the scones.

But we have met some really nice people at those teas. And, when I think of it, I never leave hungry, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I never made to afternoon tea on the CB, but went a couple of times on the Crown. We arrived partway into the service, and there were white gloved servers constantly circulating with trays of the various goodies. It was delightful.

This is not the Elite tea. Elite tea as a perk is offered in the stateroom.

We have experienced the afternoon tea in the dining room and enjoyed the food and service. The next cruise we will be eligible for the Elite tea in our cabin and we are looking forward to the experience.:D

Elite Tea on your balcony is a delightful experience and we try to do it twice each cruise, usually ordering it 2/3 days in advance once we have worked out our own itinerary.

Sitting on the balcony in the Med sun, watching the world go by, or in Monte Carlo watching all the comings and goings below with a beautiful vista ahead, or in Alaska (wrapped up!), having a lovely tea gliding past the glaciers. You can choose or ask for what you want, and you tend to get quite a bit. We tend to save some mini bar champagne to go with it as a lovely treat.

Highly recommended!