best dinner dish from any of the complementary restaurants

poona1

The only reason I sampled it was because the person across from me couldn't finish it. The herb crusted rotisserie chicken off the every day menu on the Breakaway was surprisingly tasty and cooked just right. So I ordered it for real later in the cruise.

I couldn't find anything on the lunch menu so I had to settle for the Grouper sandwich which of course turned out very well.

I’ve always thought the French Onion Soup was very good. I also enjoyed the Broiled Salmon in the MDR. For the most part I think all the entrées served in the MDR are very good, with the exception of steaks. Every steak I have ever ordered in the MDR has always been overcooked. I think it’s impossible to get a medium rare steak served on a cruise ship.

I often see people post how good the Warm Chocolate Volcano dessert is. For those folks who love that dessert don’t go to a Chili’s Restaurant and order Molten Chocolate Cake, it will ruin you for what they serve on the cruise ship.

Mine is the chicken salad from the buffet at lunch. I eat it every day. My DH would say the fruit rolls from room service for breakfast. Yes you can get them in the dining room or at the buffet. He just thinks they taste better when delivered to our door with coffee.

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I've made a list which I'll be sharing with our Roll Call so kudos to you for enhancing our cruise.

Best meals/apps/desserts in Complimentory or Specialties

Appetizers

French Onion Soup

Ceasar Salad

Fried Brie

Stuffed mushroom w/marinara sauce

Entre

Lamb Shank

BBQ Ribs - O'Sheehans

Chicken Wings - O'Sheehans

Clam and linguine dish - MDR

Fajitas - O'Sheehans

Singapore noodles - Noodle Bar

Prime Rib Steak - O'Sheehans

Swordfish - MDR

Turkey Dinner - MDR

Potato skins w/crab salad - MDR

hake (white fish) w/glazed carrots

Beef Wellington - MDR

Fish & Chips - O'Sheehans

Buffalo Wings - O'Sheehans

Tomahawk Steak - Cagneys

Herb crusted rotisserie chicken - MDR

Grouper Sandwich - MDR lunch

Desserts

Warm Chocolate Volcano dessert

No sugar added-Lemon drop cake

Blueberry or pineapple crepes w/whipped cream - buffet

Bread Pudding - MDR

OP here...wow, did not expect such a great response...and i second the chocolate lava cake if they still have it...i think i will stick with cagney's for steak...

a big shout out to "all ready2cruise" for making the above list for MDR...really awesome!

I think I will do something similar if i have enough input.

I have to tell this story. I had a client tell me today that they hated the food on their recent Dawn cruise. They ordered Chicken Marsala and it came out with a red sauce, no mushrooms and was spicy. I know what the answer to that riddle is, do you? I didn't bother explaining because they may have been offended. For the record, I love their Indian dishes. ;)

OP here...wow, did not expect such a great response...and i second the chocolate lava cake if they still have it...i think i will stick with cagney's for steak...

a big shout out to "all ready2cruise" for making the above list for MDR...really awesome!

Hopefully the lava cake and the chocolate volcano are still the same thing. If you see either, think of us!

I have to tell this story. I had a client tell me today that they hated the food on their recent Dawn cruise. They ordered Chicken Marsala and it came out with a red sauce, no mushrooms and was spicy. I know what the answer to that riddle is, do you? I didn't bother explaining because they may have been offended. For the record, I love their Indian dishes. ;)

Bien sûr! "Masala" with an accent or just an extra " r" would make the lovely Indian spices a surprise!

I’ve always thought the French Onion Soup was very good. I also enjoyed the Broiled Salmon in the MDR. For the most part I think all the entrées served in the MDR are very good, with the exception of steaks. Every steak I have ever ordered in the MDR has always been overcooked. I think it’s impossible to get a medium rare steak served on a cruise ship.

I often see people post how good the Warm Chocolate Volcano dessert is. For those folks who love that dessert don’t go to a Chili’s Restaurant and order Molten Chocolate Cake, it will ruin you for what they serve on the cruise ship.

I had the French onion soup in the MDR on my first GA cruise. It was basically just thin/watery beef broth with a few shreds of onion and cheese. Not broiled, no crouton, lukewarm. It was my first cruise and my first MDR meal, and I'd read people raving about the onion soup and other old-fashioney dishes (escargot) on lots of cruise line forums, so it was a surprise. Maybe it was just an off night. I can get better French onion soup at the local Panera.

(I don't have much else to contribute to the thread because I am usually too impatient for MDR meals. I do remember having a duck tagliatelle dish that same night that was pretty good.)

Thanks for the shout out, I'll try to keep track of changes so give it a few days and we'll see if we get a few more adds. I'm removing the Tomahawk steak at Cagney's (thanks NJhorseman) b/c I remember someone else saying it was no longer available so thanks for that.

Still lots of great suggestions though, thanks.

Best meals/apps/desserts in Complimentory or Specialties

Appetizers

French Onion Soup

Ceasar Salad

Fried Brie

Stuffed mushroom w/marinara sauce

Entre

Lamb Shank

BBQ Ribs - O'Sheehans

Chicken Wings - O'Sheehans

Clam and linguine dish - MDR

Fajitas - O'Sheehans

Singapore noodles - Noodle Bar

Prime Rib Steak - O'Sheehans

Swordfish - MDR

Turkey Dinner - MDR

Potato skins w/crab salad - MDR

hake (white fish) w/glazed carrots

Beef Wellington - MDR

Fish & Chips - O'Sheehans

Buffalo Wings - O'Sheehans

Herb crusted rotisserie chicken - MDR

Grouper Sandwich - MDR lunch

Desserts

Warm Chocolate Volcano dessert

No sugar added-Lemon drop cake

Blueberry or pineapple crepes w/whipped cream - buffet

Bread Pudding - MDR

Just disembarked the Breakaway today. The Tomahawk Steak is no longer on the Cagney's menu...at least on that ship.

Just got off the Epic 3/18/2017, they still had it and it was cooked to perfection and fantastic.

I know this is about the MDR so I will add the New York strip in the MDR was a surprise. Way bigger than I expected and cooked to perfection, great taste. Just a little tough but I sliced it thin and enjoyed every bite.