If NCL offered an adult only cruise would you book it?

hladygirl

It seems like exclusive cruises (no smoking comes to mind) don't make money in the long run. I've found it's easier to just find cruises that don't attract families.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If NCL offered adult only cruises would you book it? I love kids but not on my vacation. Wouldn't it be great to use the aft kids pool area to cool off? Ok go ahead and flame me!

Don't like NCL but i would love the idea.

I'm New to cruising and doing an adults only cruise on Arcadia only because it was suitable date and destination, I do enjoy family holidays generally, as we holiday a lot with the grandchildren.

But the OP is just asking would you go if there was an adult only cruise?

In England and Europe you get a lot of adult only holidays which suit some people and not others. I wouldn't choose an adult only normally, but respect that some people would prefer that.

If NCL offered adult only cruises would you book it? I love kids but not on my vacation. Wouldn't it be great to use the aft kids pool area to cool off? Ok go ahead and flame me!

Good question!!! I think there is a certain percentage that would book an adults only cruise. I believe there are adult only cruises on a couple of cruise lines. I would book one if it was an itinerary was one I liked. :)

Canada / New England cruise's are very close to kid free.

@ 60ish we were the youngin's .

If I was looking to cruise by myself or with my husband and came across an adult only cruise, I would consider it but I wouldn't put in the effort to seek out an adult only cruise. I don't mind kids, I have two of my own.

Definitely. And I would be willing to pay a surcharge for such a cruise. When I go to an all inclusive resort I prefer the adult only ones, why not a cruise? OP isn't suggesting NCL become adult only. But like them offering music themed cruises and what not, I'd def prefer to book an adult's only cruise. But, since that isn't an option I stick to cruises that are over 7 days and not on school breaks.... hardly any kids on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am really not sure why kids bother people but some of other cruise lines cater to mostly adult crowds like Princess, Celebrity and Holland America. Why not try going on one of those ships?

NCL does a good job of targeting families, retirees, and young adults. I find the mix perfect.

why would anyone flame you? I have no problems with kids on cruises but would love an adult only cruise I the ports were interesting. I would never book a cruise over a major holiday or at the height of spring break.

what does your not liking NCL have to do wiht the question?

As long as children are provided with enough activities to keep them busy and out from underfoot, no problem. What I did have a problem with was last year on the Gem only the first 21 children could participate in the kids program and each day the parents had to sign up their kids. Lots of disappointed kids and parents. NCL compensated by having family activities all through the day and well up to midnight. If you did not have a child, too many of the activities provided (i.e.,balloon making) made you want to "borrow" a child to participate.

Some parents opted to leave their own children at home only to find lots of kids on board and left out of the age appropriate NCL supervised daily programs. Once upon a time NCL had one of the best children's programs with tons of activities. Kids did not want to be with their parents. You seldom saw or heard them around the ship. You only realized how many kids were on board when you docked in a port.

One really annoying result was repeat showing of the loud/noisy "Cars" in the Atrium past midnight. Hard to find a seat in the Atrium due to all the kids there throughout the day and night.

MARAPRINCE

It depends on time of year, length of the cruise, and what demographic the line usually attracts. I would think a 3 night cruise during spring break would be a nightmare for me, but would be an absolute blast for a 23 year old.

My days of partying through the night are done. The thought of a relaxing, peaceful week does sound heavenly, but I think that is not typically what the mass market line deliver on, kids or not onboard.

100%.

I don't mind children but I could never eat a whole one.

We used to provide entire male Saanan kids before they were 9 months old to some Indian chefs. We used to join them and their family for the feast. Their children and ours all loved the way they had prepared and cooked the kids.