Sabatini's New Menu

cruise2relax

How were you able to pre-book restaurant reservations? They always tell us we can't do that.

I just looked it up on "On board Reservations" for our next cruise and this is what it says: "For an extra special dining experience, or if celebrating something special, don't miss the exquisite cuisine and intimate settings of our specialty restaurants. Make your reservations early once onboard via the DINE line from your stateroom phone."

I booked the Crown Grill for our anniversary on our October cruise. I like this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did not think the old menu was that good either but better than this for sure. I hope they don't start messing with the Crown Grill...

Maybe they should redo the Crown Grill. With all the whining I'm reading about lately I'm beginning to think is might be in order. (at least the service)

I'm sad to see the short rib penne go as it was amazing. The new menu doesn't appeal to me, but I will try it once. I do like the addition of the chicken breast for the less adventurous like me.

That will be the day when I'll pay $25 for a chicken breast as a main course.

It must be some spectacular chicken breast !

They fed us a chicken breast at a captain's luncheon one cruise and it was one of the least impressive meals I've had on any Princess ship. :o

Princess must continue to move with the times and develop its offering. If it continued to provide the same product as 10 / 20 / 30 years ago, it wouldn't remain viable. How would this compete with RCL, X etc.? No doubt they are trying to attract the next generation of cruisers and perhaps appeal to people outside of the US.

I'm totally with you. I think this is one instance where Princess management is somewhat less interested in the views of a large segment of contributors to the Cruise Critic Princess Boards. We tend to be a more "mature" demographic" (myself included ;)) and are most likely not the target audience when designing these changes.

However, as I've posted previously, I think the new menu looks great and I'm looking forward to trying it. :D

I'm totally with you. I think this is one instance where Princess management is somewhat less interested in the views of a large segment of contributors to the Cruise Critic Princess Boards. We tend to be a more "mature" demographic" (myself included ;)) and are most likely not the target audience when designing these changes.

However, as I've posted previously, I think the new menu looks great and I'm looking forward to trying it. :D

Quite accurate and a very nice way of calling us a bunch of old farts. :D

I agree and as a young cruiser and one that is also new to Princess, this is definitely something that I am interested in trying. I wasn't really impressed with the older menu as it appeared somewhat "heavy" in nature....this is definitely something that is attractive to a younger crowd (at least this younger cruiser). I look forward to reading the reviews of those who give it a try. Looking forward to trying on our June cruise.

I hope this makeover gets to the Pacific Sabatini's for our summer sailing. We liked the Sabatini's original "taste of everything" menu the best--since they got rid of it, we've mostly done the Bayou Cafe when on the Coral and the steakhouses and grills on the other ships instead, which if nothing else have been a nice change of pace from the MDR and the buffet. The Sabatini's menu needed another refreshing and the changes look generally positive. No sense in paying extra for lasagna, chicken parmesan or spaghetti and meatballs.

I hope this makeover gets to the Pacific Sabatini's for our summer sailing. We liked the Sabatini's original "taste of everything" menu the best--since they got rid of it, we've mostly done the Bayou Cafe when on the Coral and the steakhouses and grills on the other ships instead, which if nothing else have been a nice change of pace from the MDR and the buffet. The Sabatini's menu needed another refreshing and the changes look generally positive. No sense in paying extra for lasagna, chicken parmesan or spaghetti and meatballs.

It seems to me that on at least one evening per cruise that fare is offered in the buffet. While I have never tried it, it does look pretty good.

I've also heard that there is a regular Italian night in the dining rooms. I know that there are pasta options every evening.

My point is, to the people who are disappointed with the new Sabatini's menu because it is in variance with how they think of Italian cuisine, Princess has not abandoned you. They still have something to offer to you.

Does anyone know if the Grand is doing the new menu ? Thanks

Based on their news release it will be on the Grand sometime this month.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2260763

Sabatini locations on Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess will offer the new inspired menu this April.

Does anyone know if the new Sabatini's menu approach i.e. "Chose 1 Entree" is also in effect on the Crown Grill? (my friend - a big guy - frequently orders the Rack of Lamb and a Rib Eye.

There have been a couple of recent posts saying that a few people were denied having two entrées at the Crown Grill.

As I recall the one choice per course began with Share & now Sabatini's has that limit. So it's probably only a matter of time before this is also implemented at the Crown Grill & possibly having a new menu.

That will be the day when I'll pay $25 for a chicken breast as a main course.

It must be some spectacular chicken breast !

They fed us a chicken breast at a captain's luncheon one cruise and it was one of the least impressive meals I've had on any Princess ship. :o

Understood, but when all else fails it a good thing to fall back in.

For $25 I'm expecting something more that chicken- no matter how great it's cooked.

Floridalover,

I totally agree with you. By the way who's the guy that called my pal Thrak an old fart? :eek: If we get him on the Rowboat he maybe walking the plank. :D :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

Floridalover,

I totally agree with you. By the way who's the guy that called my pal Thrak an old fart? :eek: If we get him on the Rowboat he maybe walking the plank. :D :D.Tony

Suggest you re-read # 56 again.

How were you able to pre-book restaurant reservations? They always tell us we can't do that.

I just looked it up on "On board Reservations" for our next cruise and this is what it says: "For an extra special dining experience, or if celebrating something special, don't miss the exquisite cuisine and intimate settings of our specialty restaurants. Make your reservations early once onboard via the DINE line from your stateroom phone."

Princess is starting to allow pre-booking of specialty restaurants in the Personalizer. It has not yet been extended to all future cruises.

You must pay for the advance reservation at the time you make it.

Reservations cannot be made for the first evening or if you have specialty restaurant dining as a perk or a gift.

While I love adventurous and authentic food, especially when traveling or cruising, this menu just doesn't do it for me. It reads a little cheap to me. I would prefer the salt crusted Branzino, veal chop, etc. Sorry but what the hell is a veal vallet? Meh.

Reads a little pretentious to me. What no squid ink infused pasta covered in foam?

I guess I'm not high-brow enough. I want good old spaghetti bolognese or lasagna. That must be more Southern Italian or Peasant Italian. ;)

I'm in the same category as you. ;)

I plan to try the new menu but don't understand why there are no beef Secondi Piatti options. Not everyone eats veal & one of the most famous Northern Italian entrées is Bistecca alla Fiorentina...Florentine Beefsteak.

At first glance I was happy that the burrata was still an option however it's nothing like the previous great version with tomatoes & balsamic syrup.

Currently:

Burrata alla Panna con Carpaccio di Pomodori hand-formed cow’s milk cheese with creamy lava center on tomato carpaccio, balsamic syrup

New:

Burrata cow’s milk burrata, roasted golden beets, fava beans,mint basil vinaigrette, toasted hazelnuts