What do you like about Royal Caribbean?

i like the thrill of going to check prices everyday and updating my spreadsheet to see if it's a real price drop and to call in

i like the thrill of finding my excursions erroneously priced

i hope to find the thrill of anthem being a good cold weather ship this year

I wouldn't say that I like it, but I do find it interesting is to see/read about people paying good money and then complaining about the cruise so much. It's even more interesting when people write that they've done it multiple times. I haven't had a bad cruise yet … some are better than others and I plan to cruise until I have my first bad cruise.

Edited by soccer2010

I've only cruised on Carnival and Royal and I could spend quite some time telling you why I prefer Royal. Given my affinity for the line, I obtained a RCCL credit card. That card has since expanded to offer benefits on the other RCI owned vessels, which has allowed me to seriously consider Celebrity, but I've so far always preferred the Royal itineraries.

I like that the crew (for the most part) seems to really CARE about the passengers. In my experience, crew members bend over backward to accommodate special needs. (For example, my son converted to Judaism and is very strictly Kosher. On our cruise last year, they were amazing about accommodating his needs - really amazing!) I love the smaller ships, so if Royal continues to focus on mega-vessels, I may end up over on Celebrity! I prefer port-intensive itineraries and they tend to be serviced by the smaller ships. I love the 70s party, being a child of that era! Royal does a great job maintaining their fleet. Even older ships feel new!

I like that they have the Solarium and don't charge extra for it!

do other ships do that or do you mean something like extra money for haven on NCL for example

as an aside, read that carnival is eliminating some adults only pools

I like the Diamond lounge.

The Royal promenade.

Central park.

My wife likes the carousel.

The range of activities especially Oasis class.

The buffet food especially in the restaurant on a sea day.

MTD restaurant.

Chops grill,150 Central park and wonderland.

Breakfast room service.

43 cruises and counting.

do other ships do that or do you mean something like extra money for haven on NCL for example

as an aside, read that carnival is eliminating some adults only pools

I mean that on Princess you pay extra for the adults only area (Sanctuary) which doesn't even have a pool or hot tub inside, and on NCL they have the adults only Vibe and that costs extra too. Both can be hard to get, as they can be sold out the first day. The Solarium is nicer than both of those and no fee makes it even nicer, plus no worry of being shut out altogether. Plus it's good in all weather and has it's own bar.

• the royal promenade
  • RC doesn't require everyone in the cabin to purchase a drink package if one wants it
  • Days of the week in the elevator
  • Quest show
  • The look on my balcony neighbor's face when they peek around and realize i'm creating as much vitamin D as I possibly can.

I mean that on Princess you pay extra for the adults only area (Sanctuary) which doesn't even have a pool or hot tub inside, and on NCL they have the adults only Vibe and that costs extra too. Both can be hard to get, as they can be sold out the first day. The Solarium is nicer than both of those and no fee makes it even nicer, plus no worry of being shut out altogether. Plus it's good in all weather and has it's own bar.

solarium and 270 are 95% of why i booked anthem for december.